`01

When Fate Acts Against You

Those Three Words

Featured Song: Davichi and T-ara - We Were In Love


"Kwon Hyunjae, I don't want you with that Luhan. It's a disgrace having someone like them as family. I'm sure it's not my first time telling you this." Mr Kwon scolded his daughter, as he threw pictures of them on the floor.

Hyunjae stared at them in shock before bending down to pick them up.

"Appa, where did you get these? Did you get someone to spy on me?" Hyunjae's tone went slightly higher, clutching the pictures tightly in her hand.

"Yes, I did. I knew you wouldn't leave that punk that easily so I got Secretary Park to follow you." Mr Kwon replied nonchalantly.

"Why, appa? Luhan and I really love each other! We have been dating ever since high school! Now, just because of your stupid competition against his father's company, all of you are breaking us up?" Hyunjae's voice cracked as she broke down into tears.

Mr Kwon massaged his temples and sighed, not replying her. 

"Fine, you know what?! Whatever, do what you want. I'm done with all this nonsense." Hyunjae said angrily and stormed out of her father's office, tears still streaming down her rosy cheeks.

- - -

Hyunjae drove back home and locked herself in her room, before dialling Luhan's number.

"Hello? Hyunjae?"

"....."

"What's wrong Jae? Are you okay?"

"L-luhan, can you come over?"

"O-okay, be there soon."

- - -

Hyunjae dried up her tears while waiting for him to arrive. She felt relieved after hearing a knock and Luhan's soothing voice.

"Jae, open the door. It's me." He assured. 

Hyunjae unlocked the door and Luhan immediately noticed her red eyes. It was obvious that she had been crying. He enveloped her in a hug, and caressed her hair. Emotions soon took over and tears brimmed up in her eyes once again.

"It's okay to cry Jae, I'll always be here for you." Luhan locked the door and both of them sat down on the couch.

"You also know about it?" Hyunjae questioned and he nodded in response.

"That is not going to affect our relationship though, right? We will always be together. Right?" Luhan asked, eyes filled with worry.

"It's not easy Lu, he even sent Secretary Park to spy on us! I don't know if I can hold on any longer. I'm sick of all this." 

"Hyunjae, a-are you saying that we should b-break up?" His voice trembled as thoughts of them breaking up rushed through his mind.

"I love you Luhan, I really do, but I guess this is for the best. I don't want to see you hurt." She replied, wiping her tears away.

"Do you know that all your words are hurting me right now?" Luhan's voice became louder as he became angry.

"Luhan," Hyunjae began. Her voice already sounded like she was giving up.

"No, Hyunjae, please, don't say it. I beg of you. We can get through this together, I promise. Please don't leave me."

"Luhan, I'm sorry to say this but, let's break up." She finished off, looking up at the ceiling to force back her tears.

Those three words.  Luhan felt as if his world had been shattered into pieces. A part of him is lost, and might never come back again. Kwon Hyunjae, the girl that he loved so much, but could never call 'his', again.

"Go, Luhan, let's not see each other anymore." Her voice was firm.

"Jae,"

"Don't call me that! From now on, I'm just Kwon Hyunjae, the daughter of your father's rival. I don't want to see you again! Just go!" She shouted, and threw the promise ring he gave her on the floor.

Luhan nodded hesitantly. "Goodbye, Hyunjae. Please continue to live life happy, even without me." 

That was all he said before he left.

- - -

"Why? Why is life so damn unfair!" Hyunjae screamed into her pillow. 

She picked up the promise ring that she threw onto the floor. The diamond on the ring still shone brightly despite times like this. 

"Luhan, I'm really not worthy of your love. Find someone who is. Please be happy, I love you so much." Hyunjae whispered as she looked at the ring, engraved on it were the words 'Luhan and Hyunjae'.

Looking through her jewelry box, she found a necklace her father bought for her 10th birthday. She took off the mini ballerina figure and replaced it with the ring.

'You're In My Heart, Luhan, Forever And Always'

- - -

Luhan got into his car and started the engine. If guys do not cry, then he would be an exception, because he was in a mess of tears. How he wished he could get into an accident, and leave the cruel, unfair, world of heartbreak. Now, he does not see the point of living. Hyunjae has left, and she is the only one who can complete him. Like always, he confided in his best friend.

"Baekhyun, can we meet up at the usual park?"

"Why? I'm hanging out with Jessica now."

"I'll tell you when we meet."

"Oh, okay then. Give me 15 minutes. I'll send Jess home first."

Luhan sighed and drove to the place they were supposed to meet. Alone, he sat there, while looking at the couples. Young or old, they looked happy nonetheless, but him? He felt worthless inside. Suddenly, he felt someone tug on the sleeve of his shirt. He looked down to find a young girl, maybe around 6 years old.

"Ahjussi, why do you look so sad?" She inquired with innocent eyes.

"Ahjussi? I'm only 20. Anyway, why would you want to know?" He replied coldly.

"Sorry, for making you angry ahjussi. Please forgive me. Oh, and don't be sad anymore. Here, you can have my teddy bear." She exclaimed, and handed him her pink stuffed toy. "Bye, ahjussi! Cheer up!" 

Before he could say anything else, she had ran back to her parents. He eyed the teddy bear and unknowingly smiled.

"Luhan hyung!" Baekhyun called out. 

"Baekhyun ah! Over here. Come sit down."

"So, what is it this time, that you had to interrupt my date, huh?" Baekhyun pretended to be annoyed.

"It's just, Hyunjae and I aren't dating anymore. We broke up."

"What?! Why?! Everything was going fine, aren't I right?" 

"It's all because of both our dads. They're both rivals in a project that would bring in a lot of money. In one of the gatherings, they quarreled, and from then on opposed to our relationship. It's neither of our faults, but it's hurting to think that we are affected too."

Baekhyun nodded. "Don't feel down then! It's not like you did anything wrong! You're not going to give up are you? Pabo yah! Try to win her back!"

Luhan was surprised. He didn't know Baekhyun could think like that. Talk about underestimating. What matters is that those words were enlightening, and Luhan agreed to it. Kwon Hyunjae is his and he's determined to get her back.

"Anyway, where did you get that stuffed toy? It's so childish and pink." Baekhyun stiffled a laugh.

"A little girl gave it to me. No doubt, I like it. Got a problem?" Luhan retorted, and Baekhyun shook his head.

- - - 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

First chapter and I, myself, am having lot's of LuJae/HanJae feels. Is it even normal? Maybe not. Heh. So how was it for you guys? Sorry, but I'm not responsible for your feels and many more to come, so please read at your own risk! ^^ Love all of you!!! <3

- Liz