Teaser Six

❝ Of Love, War, and History ❞ — Story Starting
LOVE DOES NOT MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND BUT IT MAKES THE RIDE WORTH WHILE
 
BloodLanturnLeft_zps48370a5b.pngBloodLanturnRight_zps664fdcbd.png
 
TEASER six
POSTED APRIL 11, 2015 BY entertainment_

"I hope she's chosen,"

The young Crown Prince, twenty years of age, named Lee Yi-en, was now seated behind his study desk, smiling dreamily while mumbling incessantly nonchalant things about something. Or rather.... someone. Looking like a lovesick hormonal teenager he was, Yi-en was staring into space as if he was staring at the love of his life herself, sighing once every ten seconds.

At the time, the process of the Crown Princess election was currently running and was making both the Royal Family and court members mad. With applications from eligible ladies around the kingdom coming in everyday like crazy, the poor people who had been dragged into sorting the applications were none other than the court members and some of the royals themselves, even, exhausting them all from all the reading and sorting girls' profiles day and night, for a few days, without stopping. That darned perfectionist King had insisted on the work to be bulk loaded to all the court members and trusted family members since he obviously wanted the best of the best for his dear son, the Crown Prince Lee Yi-en.

Poor, poor people indeed.

While the main character of it all, however, was currently just daydreaming away in his chambers, hoping and praying to see the name of that girl he's been crushing on, since he was 12, printed on the Crown Princess election result that he and the whole Joseon was (hopefully) going to receive in a few days time.

 

 

Ban. Joo. Wol.

Gosh that name sounded so perfect to his ears, rolling in his tongue and mind every second of the day. Her image kept popping in his head and in his dreams, and Yi-en just knew he was whipped, helplessly in love.

Her radiant smile, her angelic features, the way she walks and talks.... everything. Yi-en loved everything about her and more. It felt so pleasant everytime that he would fall for her over and over again whenever they met or whenever he would think about her, falling deeper each constant time.

Everytime he would see her, playing around with his brother and their other friend, he would always mistaken her as an angel sent from the heavens to be his other half, his soulmate, the love of his life. He would always smile foolishly to himself, thinking just how perfect Joo Wol would be as the mother of his children. Though he had to admit, at times like that, he felt just a teensy weensy bit of jealousy toward his brother, who got to play and joke around freely with her, and being in an especially close proximity that Yi-en himself wouldn't last five minutes imagining if it was him on the other side of the picture... GHRAAAH

Foolish, he was, yes. Foolishly in love. Even Lu Han had his own times of laughing and teasing at the younger's total whipped states. Worse part was if the topic of Joo Wol came up between the brothers' conversations and then Yi-en would either blush madly like a teenage girl getting hit on for the first time, or better yet, he also might start babbling nonsense pointing out just how puuuuurrrrrrfect she is.

Whipped. I know. Plus secondhand embarrassment for acting so in front of your own big brother, given the fact that you're a country's future king. Smooth. Very smooth indeed, Lee Yi-en.

Lu Han on the hand completely enjoys the faces his little brother would make everytime he realized what he was doing (blushing Yi-en is always the best), while he himself would bathe in all of his little brother's misery while casually (and freaking shamelessly) saying things along the lines of "eyyyy, what is this? Joseon's Crown Prince is in love~" or when the worse situations would arise, "hey, I know she's pretty; I used to bathe with her when we were little,". Stupid, shameless Prince. If only Joo Wol was here she might've already scored a punch or two on this ungrateful 'best friend'.

Nonetheless, in Yi-en's view, being hit by Ban Joo Wol actually didn't sound bad at all. Anything if by that it means he can be closer to Joo Wol. Yi-en would generally ignore the snickers of his brother who continuously warned him how iron-fisted that whirlwind Joo Wol could be. And by 'iron' I kind of mean 'wooden stick' or sometimes thick books can be of option too.

Even in these given circumstance of Lu Han's undying warning, Yi-en still dreamt it for the most uncountable times already, where he and Joo Wol would someday be a couple, get married, and have lots of children. He wasn't afraid of failing that dream in real life, though, since he was pretty confident in Joo Wol's decency in practically everything a Crown Princess election winner need to possess, despite being quite loud, reckless, and violent at times according to Lu Han's statements. And her status being the scholar-brained daughter of the Minister of Education in his father's court definitely helped the case a lot.

Joo Wol could never fail the election. He just knew it. He believed in her, in their love.

Well... his love.

 

 

 

The head eunuch of the Crown Prince's attendant looked up, perceiving the idiotic smile his master had on. He held back a smile and inwardly shook his head.

"Youngsters these days," he thought to himself. "Crown Prince seems so happy about his Bride's selection. He must be in love with the Young Miss Han who would certainly win later. After all, he seemed so happy whenever Young Miss Han and Young Miss Ban came to visit First Prince,"

Oh, old sir, how would you know that?

 

 

"Eunuch Heo,"

The head eunuch looked up, hearing his name being called by the Crown Prince.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Please give your orders,"

Instead of orders, the only thing that came from the Crown Prince was that blinding beam, coming with the sparkling eyes to complete the package. "Don't you think it's just perfect? I heard a few days ago that Father had decided a bride for Han hyungnim," he brightened. "Doesn't that mean that the two of us would get married together in a short span of time? Just think of the possibility of our children playing together just like how I and Han hyungnim used to," he sighed. Eunuch Heo smiled. "And to think that I'm going to marry the love of my life..." Yi-en smiled to himself, the image of Ban Joo Wol coming into his mind again.

"It all sounds wonderful, Your Highness," Eunuch Heo smiled wider. "I wish you and First Prince happiness and prosperity,"

A big smile grew on Yi-en's lips. Oh, how his heart warmed at the words this man who has been caring for him for the last 20 years had spoken. "Thank you, Eunuch Heo," he sighed gratefully, before biting his lower lip in contemplation of blurting out the following question or not. In the end, one part of his brain won. "Eunuch Heo?"

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"What do you think of Young Miss Ban?"

 

 

Dun dun duuunnn...

 

 

Eunuch Heo blinked, assuming that he had heard wrongly. "Don't you mean Young Miss Han, Your Highness?" he tried to confirm. The old man was confused, yes. Wasn't Crown Prince in love with Young Miss Han? Why would he ask about young Miss Ban? While Yi-en was left equally as confused.

"No, I really meant Young Miss Ban. Ban Joo Wol. The daughter of the Minister of Education,"

 

 

Oh no. No no no no no no nooooo.....

 

 

"Eunuch Heo, don't you think she's just perfect? I even heard that she personally volunteers herself weekly at the Hwalinseo. She's so kind, isn't she? She'll make a great Queen for this kingdom!" Yi-en beamed, completely ignoring the horrified expression Eunuch Heo had on.

Now what was the old man supposed to tell the young love sickling, huh? Just look at those sparkling eyes and try, if not you end up locking yourself in the cupboard.

But again, this wasn't right. It never was.

Ban Joo Wol wasn't meant to be the Crown Prince's property in the first place, and she never will be. Just like how Crown Prince isn't meant to be with Ban Joo Wol from the beginning of time.

Eunuch Heo gulped. He hated this, for sure. But what other choice did he have? If he didn't tell the Crown Prince off now, who could prevent the youngster who was full of fresh energy from doing reckless things that would probably endanger the sole law of nature when he falls any deeper for the girl who he could never get?

He had to do this. He just had to.

 

 

"C-Crown Prince?"

"Hmm?" Yi-en looked up

Oh no, not those dreamy eyes again. He thought, all confidence and words draining out from the tip of his tongue as he gulped nervously.

Seriously, how was he supposed to do this? Without getting his head roll (literally), at least.

Well, guess he'd just have to count on that bond he'd form with the young Prince from the 20 years he's been serving in the Crown Prince's residence; which, by the way, didn't seem too strong-based now that it was needed.

Okay, here goes nothing. In three... two... o-... o-one....?

"I-I'm a-afraid I have to... I have to... "

Yi-en eyed him with a weird expression. "Have to what?" He cringed. "For goodness sake Eunuch Heo, please speak clearly!"

Oh, kid, if only you knew the desperation was mutual...

"Have to... h-have to... p-prohibit you from... f-from..." there, there; deep breaths. DEEEEEP breaths. "T-Taking your hopes on... Miss Ban,"

There, he said it. He has done his part and now it was solely up to fate to determine whether he'd get executed or imprisoned for life. Both is not good, surely; but right in the moment, whatever happens, happen. So Eunuch Heo decided to close his eyes shut. Here it comes. One, two, thr-...

"W-what?" The smile on Yi-en's face disappeared. "Why?"

Ooh, record time; not even three seconds.

The older man tried to inhale, and exhale. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. But his nervousness wouldn't seem to want to leave his body.

"Eunuch Heo!" Yi-en's voice was raising. "I asked you-...."

 

 

"CROWN PRINCE!!! THE RESULT FOR THE CROWN PRINCESS ELECTION HAS BEEN ISSUED!!!" A voice boomed from outside.

Yi-en turned his head to the door, while Eunuch Heo saw this chance to relese his tenseness and catch the necessary breath he had been skipping for a few moments that he hadn't been aware of.

Actually, 'wow, that was fast' should be the appropriate first reaction for this situation; because instead of lagging, the results came out a few days earlier than expected, as if the girl has already been chosen long before, and this election thing is just for formality while waiting for the girl's family to finish decorating their application with flowers and paintings. Heh, funny right? Ha. Ha. Ha.

(oh you wouldn't know)

Yi-en's breath slowed down. He glanced at Eunuch Heo who somehow already had his forehead on the floor in a deep kowtow. Yi-en made a mental note to deal with whatever Eunuch Heo had to say later. Right now he was just dying to her that messenger announce his wedding date with Ban Joo Wol.

"Let the messenger in!" He commanded.

In a matter of only a few seconds, a rather exhausted looking man was led into Yi-en's room. The man was panting and perspiring heavily, probably due to his act of running senselessly here right after the Crown-Princess-to-be's name has been announced back at the court. On usual days, Yi-en would ask if the messenger was okay first. But right now he just had no room for any of those inside his brain. Ban Joo Wol, Ban Joo Wol, Ban Joo Wol. That's what's making his brain go numb.

"So?" Yi-en asked impatiently. "Did Miss Ban win? When can I meet her as my bride?"

The messenger looked puzzled, and Eunuch Heo just inwardly wanted to slay himself. He was so near to me and yet I don't recognize to whom those sparkling interests were directed to? He probably thought.

"N-no, Your Majesty," The messenger stuttered confusedly. "Miss Han Su Jeong from the residence of the King's Personal Adviser has been chosen. She will enter the Palace in a week's time but the wedding date would not be annouced until Miss Han has completed the court ladies' training,"

Yi-en's face fell.

 

What?! Joo Wol.... lost?

 

He had heard of this 'Han Su Jeong' from his brother lots of times, and had seen her face a few times, chatting happily with Lu Han and Joo Wol, but Yi-en hadn't been paying attention to her much. I mean, hello, there's always Miss Ban Joo Wol there? The girl that captured his heart and was successful enough to make him never divert his eyes from her?

Eunuch Heo eyed Yi-en's flustered expression. Twenty years of serving this Prince up close and Eunuch Heo could safely say that he already knew the Prince very well. He knew that Yi-en was wondering how and why on earth did his perfect girl Joo Wol could lose the election. He just knew it.

"Young Miss Ban Joo Wol never entered the election, Crown Prince,"

Gathering all of the strength he had left to speak, Eunuch Heo informed the Crown Prince, who was now seemingly too in a daze to care about anything.

The Crown Prince frowned. "Wha-... what do you mean? Wasn't it written strictly that every woman who was not married or engaged would have to apply? Why would Lord Ban, as a court official, defy this order? It's not like Miss Ban has already been betrothed to someone else of the likes, right?"

 

Wrong.

 

"F-Forgive m-me... for b-being so bold, Your Highness," suddenly the messenger, who has been quiet all the while, spoke. "A-re you perhaps.. r-referring to Miss Ban Joo Wol... from the residence of the Minister of Education?"

Yi-en's eyes widen. "What do you know about her? Spill. Everything." He clenched his teeth. Was there someone in that dirty court who was trying to play tricks and preventing his Joo Wol to enter the Crown Princess election? If it. Was proved to be truly so... oho; someone was signing a death certificate here.

"W-well... t-that..." the messenger bit his lip nervously at the sight of the scary-looking Crown Prince in front of him. "M-Miss Joo Wol... w-wasn't she... wasn't she... th-the soon-to-be P-Princess Consort?" The messenger glanced at Eunuch Heo, trying to earn his support on this. The man nodded his head once, smiling weakly.

Yi-en on the other hand, had that look as if he had just seen a ghost. His face fell deeper into the shock and heartbreak; and perhaps disappointment. If that was even possible.

"I-Impossible..." he murmured, not believing what he had heard and processed. Not that he wanted to believe it anyway.

If there was one time of your life where all of your energy just felt like it as been drained away from you, and your soul had seem to drift off to anywhere else but your body, refusing to reside in something so pathetic; then this seemed to be that time for for Yi-en.

One sentence was enough. He was smart; he got the message well. And it was just enough for him to empty out his heart and mind involuntarily.

He felt blank, and lost. His hope was no more and that sparkle in his eyes from before had drifted off. His shoulders slumped and his face fell, eyes starting to water in the process.

It was gone. Everything he had dreamt of was gone.

The love, the wedding, the children, the Joo Wol.

He had lost it all. He had lost Joo Wol. And to think that he has never experienced any loss in his life before. Not one that he know of.

But then the saddest part just HAD to hit him right there in between his two ribcages: the part where he realized that he had lost her to his own brother.

SHOUT OUT

Hello again, guys *waves while hopping around like an idiot* just in case you don't recognize me, then scroll up and see who posted this thing at the top of the chapter /slapped

Anyways it's author Joo, and hey yo whadduya know my hands just got itchy so I decided to write this for youuuu (oh the things I do when I'm supposed to be writing out chapter 14 for my other fic *shakes head*)

So this is just a glimpse of what Yi-en (aka Mark Tuan of Got7 if you're not familiar -__-)'s reaction was when he found out that his brother had 'snatched' the girl he crushed on for YEARS just like that. Agony of a royal son, really... X( BUT it's just a warm up for the nexttt teaser featuring the one and only, our resident 24-turning-25-year-old-deer-with-a-face-20-years-younger........... LUHAAAAANNNNN!!! *throws confettis and candies and unicorns deers* yesh people he's turnin' 25 precisely the next 20th! whoop! >< and so as a tribute to the man-boy, I shall squeeze my brain in a juicer and produce a Luhan-centric teaser to be posted at his birthdayyyy!!! who's excited?! *crickets passing by*

Okay then. -_____-

 

OHH, AND IMPORTANT NEWS!!!! me and Krys have decided that it is time after SOOOO long that we CLOSE THE APPLICATIONS!! ><

so as you can probably read on the title, the deadline is on April 20th (LUHAN'S BIRTHDAY YAY), so if you plan on applying, please hurry up you have 9 more days from now!!!!

if you need more time, don't worry, just comment below for a dispensation or you can pm me or Krys and we'll be glad to let you off ^_^

that's it, then... I guess? ciao! ^_^