Teaser Seven

❝ Of Love, War, and History ❞ — Story Starting
LOVE DOES NOT MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND BUT IT MAKES THE RIDE WORTH WHILE
 
BloodLanturnLeft_zps48370a5b.pngBloodLanturnRight_zps664fdcbd.png
 
TEASER Seven
POSTED APRIL 20, 2015 BY entertainment_

'BANG!'

Well, well, what do we have here, hmm? An angry flower boy dressed in that stunning maroon royal robe, banging the table of the frightened palace official; what a show.

"What in the world are you trying to imply with 'His Majesty The King has decided on your wedding date' hmm?" The boy hissed, eyes burning with fury. "ANSWER ME!!"

It was obvious enough that the palace official (seemingly a court secretary judging from his attires) was as terrified as hell, coming face to face with an angry First Prince who was demanding to know why in the world was he not included in the arrangements of his own wedding. And the fact that the First Prince just suddenly received notice that he was 'engaged' to some girl and that he was supposed to 'marry' that girl in a few weeks time without even given room for him to argue was definitely fuel to his fire; the secretary wouldn't blame him for acting so angry and disappointed. He himself would probably do so too if he was the one in the First Prince's position. The anger was not for no reason.

The only thing without reason here was the fact that this Prince was actually yelling at him when it was obviously the King who issued this decree; he was only a medium whose job was to inform the people involved about the arrangement.

"P-pardon me... First Prince, but... I have no authority to-..."

"THEN WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY?!" the First Prince Lu Han spat, clearly getting more and more annoyed by this guy in front of him. Who did he think he was, talking back to the First Prince when Lu Han clearly knew that this guy was just some old corrupt official who didn't even use his own efforts to get inside the court. Humph. "Why is it that people keep saying they have 'no authority' even when compared to me who has absolutely no authority to even control who I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with, huh? WHAT KIND OF 'NO AUTHORITY' IS THAT?!"

If this was some manga, Lu Han's anger would already be equal to a tornado right on that secretary's face. Hah.

"T-that... F-first prince, th-that-..."

But then if this was actually some manga, the secretary's heart would probably jumped out from his chest already. And to tell you what, it definitely wasn't easy trying to calm a heart that thumped so hard it felt like it could jump from your body anytime; especially if the cause of the nervous-slash-terrified thumping was still there right in front of your face, with eyes bulging out so big it would surely fall out from its sockets anytime.

"Well?" Lu Han tapped his finger on the table impatiently. "I'm still waiting for the explanation,"

Oh, this Prince is surely trying to cause someone to die of a heart attack today.

"I-... I-I..."

 

 

 

 

 

"What is all this commotion about?"

Suddenly, a familiar deep voice appeared. Who knew what he was doing there in the secretary's office (checking if his secretary was corrupting some reports, probably; but the secretary couldn't care less right now), but he definitely came up at the right time.

Boy is that King a life saver.

"I heard noises from outside so I came in. What is this all about, Secretary Jin?" The King asked to his secretary, earning only his nervous gaze, before he decided that Secretary Jin might not want to say anything anytime soon so he instead turned a cold gaze at his son. "And what are you doing here, First Prince? Aren't you supposed to be at your chambers, or at your fiance's house for a change? Why can't you do something useful for once?"

Ouch. That sharp tongue again, Lu Han hissed inwardly, oh joy. 

Though he sure couldn't hide the tinge of hurt present in his face caused by that 'sharp' tongue. I mean, hey, wasn't that a little bit much?

"I am here to claim my rights, Father," Lu Han finally opened his mouth. His expressions stoned and his face straight, making it seem like he was unaffected by his father's hurtful words. But oh we all know better than that. Lu Han gritted his teeth as he continued. "I have all the rights to at least know from which household my future bride will be,"

Tch. Lookie; First Prince talking about his rights. What fun.

A heavy breath escaped Lu Han's nostrils. His fists were unconsciously clenching, terribly scared of what kind of blade his father will throw next, but he obviously had other more important things to worry about now. Well, it wasn't easy to calm a chest that felt like they might explode anytime, after all, and Lu Han knew it well. That secretary from before knew less than a fingernail about what that felt like. He wasn't the one living under shadows for 18 years, treated as royal trash.

But then to Lu Han's surprise, for once, the King looked surprised and was actually affected by Lu Han's words.

"Is that so?" He turned to Secretary Jin. "Secretary Jin, I thought you were supposed to inform First Prince about his bride?" The King questioned. Secretary Jin bit his lip, looking slightly more nervous than before.

"T-That... Your Majesty... W-When you ordered me to inform First Prince of the wedding arrangements... I thought... I thought you have personally informed about the bride's family, so-..."

Lu Han rolled his eyes. 'The King' and 'First Prince' can never go together in one sentence with 'personally' unless there's a 'cold war' involved in the context. Didn't that secretary know this unwritten rule already? Tch. And he thought all of these officials were the ones who had the hottest gossips of all.

"Ah, so this is a misunderstanding," The King concluded. He caressed his beard, eyes slightly squinting for a fragment of a millisecond. "I hope you'll forgive Secretary Jin for this small clumsiness, First Prince,"

Misunderstanding. Small Clumsiness. Hmmm. Lu Han never knew there were such words. All he heard his whole life were 'treason', 'disrespectful *insert spitting here*', 'disgrace', and things of those kinds. So what's with now? Did his father FINALLY learn some 'nicer' vocabs?

"Yes, Father," Lu Han muttered, trying so hard not to confront the higher ranked in any way. He had done so enough for a lifetime and it seemed like more was to come. "So would I be able to be informed of anything regarding my bride now?" He questioned, a teensy bit of sarcasm seeping inside his words. For the love of life, he just hoped he'd get the answer some time today so he can get away from this rotten place as soon as possible-...

 

 

 

 

"Residence of Minister of Education, Ban Ryu-gak's daughter, Ban Joo Wol,"

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

What in the-....

Did he seriously just say 'Ban Joo Wol'? He wasn't hearing that right, right?

 

 

 

 

Because, for the sake of Joseon and its inhabitants... BAN JOO WOL??!!!

His best friend Ban Joo Wol? That tornado Ban Joo Wol? Child prodigy right under Han Su Jeong Ban Joo Wol? That girl he used to bathe with Ban Joo Wol? The one who he always scolded for running away from embroidery lessons Ban Joo Wol? The girl who first recognized him as a prince Ban Joo Wol?

 

Worse yet, that girl Yi-en's been talking on and on about since he was 12, THAT Ban Joo Wol?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dun dun duuuuunnnn...

 

SHOUT OUT

It's the D-Day guyyyssss!!! >< whoohoo I'm so excited! ><

Okay okay, I know the teaser is suuuuper crappy, but meh, that's the best my mind could squeeze up right now /bricked

Oh, and also... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR DEER LUUUUHAAAANNN!!!! >< he's 25 today /criesproudly

 

We'll still be accepting apps as of today, but just remember that 24 hours rolls fast (unless you ask us for a special extension before the end of this day then that's a different story haha)

So yes, after today, there will be no more teasers, and there's a pretty good chance that by the ext update, you'll already see the chosen applicants' names. I feel so bad 'judging' your apps srsly bcoz you all have showed that you took our crappy applyfic seriously and gdi how is it that you guys can write beeewwwwtifewl apps like that? huh? huhh? even I'm not that good, I'll admit -____-

That's it for this last teaser shoutout from me, author Joo, then, aaaaand I probably should start working on a first chapter or smth while Krys said she was going to catch up with some reviews sooooo.... zai jian for now! ^_^