Teaser Five

❝ Of Love, War, and History ❞ — Story Starting
LOVE DOES NOT MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND BUT IT MAKES THE RIDE WORTH WHILE
 
BloodLanturnLeft_zps48370a5b.pngBloodLanturnRight_zps664fdcbd.png
 
TEASER five
POSTED april 02, 2015 BY thekhjgirl

Twenty year-old Sujeong bit on her lower lip nervously as she waited for one of the kingdom's servants to arrive at her house. Why, you may ask. It was simple. The results for who the Crown Princess were going to come in today, and Sujeong was beyond nervous. 

Sure, she knew she had pretty much no competition, with everyone claiming her to be the fairest maiden in the country, and possibly the world. Sujeong could read, write, embroider, play instruments, and much more. She was obedient, warmhearted, selfless, and she loved kids more than anything! Well, maybe except for a certain young man who goes by the name Lee Yi-en.

He was the Crown Prince, twenty, but a few months older than Sujeong. He was most fir to be the future king and everyone knew he would rule Joseon to become a peaceful and prosperous place. Yi-en was an odd child, to some. He was born with dark red, possibly maroon, hair. He was very quiet, didn't smile much, and didn't bother to speak with anyone unless it was an urgent matter. 

Sujeong would often see him in the corner of her eye when she was at the palace, staring at the group of three friends, Sujeong, Luhan, and Joowol. Or maybe it was just her imagination, but she swore he stared at her and often broke into a small, genuine grin. Was it real? Did Lee Yi-En actually smile because of her? 

Sujeong had gushed at that fact, knowing very well that she had developed a pure, strong love for him since she was fourteen, when she first saw him at his brother, Luhan's (as how the latter insisted her and Joowol to call him for some reasons he didn't want to talk about), 18th birthday party. She swore her stomach got queasy and she felt super warm when she first stared at him, but she didn't know why.

Last time she felt this way was probably during that time she first saw Joowol's brother, Giwoong. You know, with all the blushing and weird feels in the tummy? Only this time the feelings were multipled by a few hundred times.

So later that night, Sujeong had gone to her mother, curious to know if she was sick or if something was wrong.

 

"Mother, I feel... weird," Sujeong admitted, her cheeks turning into a tint of light pink. 

Automatically, her mother was concerned. Taking her daughter's hand, she strolled into the Imperial Gardens and sat her precious daughter down on a bench. Her mom enveloped her daughter's warm hands with her slightly cold ones. "How so, Sujeong-ah?"

Sujeong bit her lip nervously before softly sighing. "Mother, I don't want to worry you, but ever since I saw Crown Prince, I've been feeling awfully warm. My stomach is queasy and bubbly, too. My heart starts beating about a few beats faster and... and... I felt happy. I felt happy even though I know there's something wrong with me. I just- I'm not sure anymore, Mother."

Mrs. Han broke into a visibly wide grin as she softly patted her daughter's back. "Oh, dear, dear Sujeong-ah. You're in love with the Crown Prince."

Sujeong's eyes grew wide and shock, as she shook her head and laughed it off. "Mother, what are you trying to imply? We're both only fourteen. How could such thing occur? Impossible."

"That's what you assumed, my darling. Don't worry. I assure you that Crown Prince will be yours one day." Her mother gently smiled, pushing a few streaks of Sujeong's hair that was out from her braid and secured it behind her ears.

"Hmm? How so? Marriage, you mean?" Sujeong asked, tilting her head a bit to the side.

"Precisely, my dear. However, it's not a matter of the present. It's of the near future. Now come, let us go back to the First Prince’s birthday celebration." 

 

And that was how it all began.

 

"Mail! Mail for the Han Family!" A rather obnoxiously loud voice screeched from outside Sujeong's residence. In a hurry, Sujeong quickly lifted the chima of her traditional hanbok and lightly ran outside, still trying to remain prim and proper in the eyes of the people. "Ah, Miss Han! Here you go," the man said as he handed her a scroll, and off he went to the next houses.

Sujeong in a deep breath as she anxiously untied the silk ribbon and carefully opened the scroll. As her eyes skimmed through it, she could not help but have small droplets of water form at the ends of her almond eyes.

 

"Dear Young Miss of the Han's, the palace is writing to inform you that your application for the Crown Princess election has been received and also reviewed. We'd like to congratulate you on your landslide victory of the King and also the Queen Dowager personally coming to elect you as their future daughter-in-law, wife of the Crown Prince, and also the Crown Princess Consort of Joseon. We hope to see you in the palace soon, as we will send men to pick you up in the next week. Once again, congratulations, Young Miss Han!

 

Sincerely Yours,

Bang Yoogun

Head of Internal Affairs."

 

She had been chosen.

SHOUT OUT

hey guys! it's finally krys at your service! i'm so sorry for being inactive and such, but school is such a pain. ;; this update is short, but i hope it satisfies you all. sorry if there's something in there that doesn't match with korean history, but i'm not an expert at it (even joo had to help me omg) so i really do apologize. also, i will be creating a side story for mark and sujeong, and i'll let you guys know when it's available. thanks for all your support!

love, krys.