Who's Mr Wu? I'm Mr Wu

They Call Him Mr Wu

Two women were sat at the front desk of the luxurious hotel, graciously pleased at their efforts to find out who the hell their current client was. The man, Mr Wu, had booked the penthouse for the month- yes, a month- starting that night. No one special nor peculiar had arrived. They wanted to see some real eye candy after the long lines of old men and their frail wives who had taken most of the rooms in the grand hotel. They had tended to those ‘ordinary’ customers till late and were cautiously waiting for the front doors to open for the extraordinary.

“Here, here!” One of the receptionists, Luan, grinned. On her laptop screen was an image of a y male model, whose stage name was Mr. Wu according to Wikipedia. “Totally could be him!”

“Or not.” The other (who went by the name “Grape”) shook her head. “Look, died last year. Fell off the stage. Poor soul.” She sighed, pointing at the death date.

“Aw shucks. Damn it! I thought this one could’ve been the one.” Luan almost felt like crying at the long lists of names that ended up as disappointments. Most were either inactive or dead.

“Um, ah, try Wu Fanning Services. Might have a y CEO or something.” Grape offered. Luan greedily began typing out the name. On the screen popped up an ugly geezer whose wrinkled face was melting into his fat. He looked ancient. Grape and Luan both gawped at the screen before jumping at the sight of an old man who wanted a room.

After dealing with him, Grape began thinking again.

“Let’s try Wu-XO, you know, the, um, p-word industry guy…” Grape mumbled to herself. Luan heard diligently and burned red.

“O-Okay.” She followed through, typing in google ‘Wu-XO CEO’. Words dropped down like ‘Wu-XO CEO y’ and ‘Wu-XO CEO scandal’, and there was also ‘Wu-XO CEO tape’. She ignored them nervously, hoping for the best.

“OH!” She exclaimed as a y young man popped up on the screen.

“Wow.” Grape commentated in a monotonous voice.

“Let’s pray it’s him, please!” Luan practically dribbled. The two were far too absorbed in the screen to notice a man had reached their front desk. He waited awkwardly, trying to keep a straight face. He couldn’t take it anymore. He cleared his throat… to no avail.

“God, check out that! Damn, boy!” Grape pointed at his crotch.

“Wah, you’re making me blush!” Luan giggled.

The man went pink before he slammed his briefcase onto the desk, scaring the two women.

“Excuse me, Sir!” Grape held back a curse whilst Luan clumsily clicked off the screen, shaking in embarrassment. “I’m very sorry to have kept you waiting! How can I help you?” Grape’s voice was high pitched and squeaky, very much unalike her normal self.

“I’m Wu Yifan, I’ve booked the penthouse?” Yifan raised his eyebrows at the incompetent women. They both stared at his bare face, thinking oh damn.

“Ah… You’re Mr Wu?” Grape questioned in a dumbfounded manner.

“Clearly. Could you please have my luggage sent to my penthouse?” He asked, walking away to the lifts before Grape could answer. Grape turned towards his luggage. She felt like crying after seeing the piles of stuff.

Luan hurriedly phoned the number for the porter.

“Hello, Baekhyun, luggage is required to be sent to the penthouse. Please come immediately.” She put the phone down before almost having a panic attack at her actions minutes earlier.

“Well now we know who Mr Wu is then.” Grape declared stupidly.