#2

Missing Pieces

It was a cold and tiring Wednesday evening. He removed all those heavy clothing he has and revealed a view of his perfectly toned upper body on the full body mirror inside his room. He cannot believe that being busy in military duties will also have its perks.

At least, you've become manlier than you were before you left the limelight. He told himself and chuckled at his stupid idea, he was quite distracted when he heard his phone vibrating against his wooden side table.

Young Saeng hyung? He read the caller's ID before picking up.

"Yeoboseyo?" he answered tentatively.

"Ne, Kyu Jongie? How are you?" The guy at the other line answered.

"I'm fine hyung! Good thing you've got time to call. Got to talk with people other than my workmates here in the military and my family." Then he sighed, this was heard by Young Saeng, the guy on the other line.

"Yah! Aren't Hyung Jun, Jung Min and Hyun Joong hyung calling you?! Aish! I just told them I'm going to arrange some stuffs and to at least try to call you yet they don't!" Kyu Jong heard his hyung rants.

There he goes again, being such a mummy to all of us. This is one of the reasons why fans are shipping us, KyuSaeng as they labeled it. But who cares? He, together with our other SS501 members are the hyungs and dongsaengs that I never have. Kyu Jong thinks to himself.

"Hyung..." Kyu Jong tries to calm him down. "We know that Hyun Joong hyung and Junnie are both appearing in a series while Jungmin is having his papers done to his new talent agencies. It is completely understandable." 

After Kyu Jong's explanation, both of the boys are silent. Neither of them are talking for a couple of seconds for a reason that none of them can comprehend, until Young Saeng talked.

"By the way, Kyu? I got to tell you something." Kyu Jong heard his hyung's serious tone.

"You're already telling me something, hyung" He replied sarcastically.

"Yah! I'm your hyung!" Young Saeng retaliated, he was about to cut off their conversation until he heard Kyu Jong clearing his throat over the line "I guess you're now serious eh?" He heard a serious "yeah" from Kyu Jong and asked right away "Are you available on October 26?" 

"Why hyung? Is there something wrong? Well it is too far from now that's why I can't tell but I'll try my best... Am I the first one you've asked, hyung?" Kyu Jong inquired further.

"Ani (No). I've asked all the members before you since I thought you might be quite busy." Young Saeng guilt was evident to his voice.

"Hyung, I'm not mad if I'm the last! Anyway, what is that date for?"

"My enlistment concert for the fans. I want all of us five to be there. All agreed to it, I'm just waiting for your answer." 

"I'll ask our superior to interchange my available leisure days on the day of your concert, hyung." He answered his hyung happily.

"Oh really?! Thanks Kyu Jongie! I'll keep in touch with you again sooner or later! By the way, anytime soon can we get together? All of us? If you just have some freetime?" He heard Young Saeng's requesting voice again.

"Ok, just text me when it will be, ok hyung?" Once again, he falls for it.

"Thanks Kyu Jongie! Now, I guess you'll need to sleep. By the way, how did you celebrated it anyway?"

"Hyung, I..." Kyu Jong was about to tell his hyung that he didn't want to talk about it even though deep down, he really wanted to.

"I know you, Kyu Jong. Among all of us, I'm the one who understands you the most" 

Now, he's forcing me to it. Kyu Jong told himself. "Ah, just like those past years hyungs, I bought a small cake, I blew for her, wished for her, and then ate the cake with my close friends here in the military." 

"If only I was available, I could have celebrated her birthday with you, Kyu Jong~ah. Anyway, we'll celebrate it with the others the time we decided to meet, is that fine with you?" Young Saeng consoled him.

"Yes." It's the only thing he could answer.

"Bye Kyu." Kyu Jong heard his hyung says.

"Bye, hyung. See you soon." Is the only thing he could manage to say.

Where are you now? When can I see her? Could I even see her? How much I'm dying to see you and our child, Eun Hee~ah? I love you. All those days and nights might have past and go but there's none of them which I did not think of you. 

Kyu Jong can only sigh upon all those realizations flooding through his mind.

 

 

 

Eun Hee's POV

"So you're back?" What a good morning greeting from my father.

"Yes, appa." I answered him.

"NOONA!!!" I'm familiar with those two voices, but there's one problem, they've become quite deeper than before. Good enough, as I turned around, I saw my half-siblings. Han Kyung and Jae Kyung.

"Yeah! You two grew into a fine man!" I told them as I welcomed both of them with a hug.

"Noona! We're only 8 years old! What are you talking about?!" Through his visible, deep dimples, I could tell it is Han Kyung.

"Hyung is right! But look at you, noona! You've became beautiful too! What does America's air has that made you that beautiful? I would want to go their too eomma so I can be more handsome!" I look upwards to see the person Jae Kyung is talking too, obviously it is our mother. Technically, their mother and my step mother.

"Eommoni" I bow down. She's still the mother figure I grew up to. Despite how cold she is to me, there are those few times when I felt that she is my real mother. One of those is that time in the hospital, when I was about to givebirth to my own daughter.

"Seat, all of you three. Your father is already eating. Let's all eat." That's all she said, and with no buts, all of us followed.

This is the thing I hated the most when we're eating, the very awkward silence. It seems that this just reflect how far our feelings are for each other despite the close distance we have at the moment, well except for the boys, given the fact that the boys does not understand the consequence of growing up into this type of family. After a couple of minutes, to my surprise, my father broke the silence.

"Eun Hee." Yeah, that's how I expected it, not Eun Hee~ah or Eunnie but Eun Hee, as if I'm not her daughter. "Yes, appa?" 

"I want you to move to our house in Seoul. " I almost threw the food inside my mouth upon hearing him.

"What again, appa?" I dare to turn my voice a little bit higher.

"You know I don't repeat what I says." He coldly said. "We're moving for China for quite a long time together with Mi Hyun ajhumma, and this place would be up for renovation. I'm not quite sure when we'll be back but tentatively it is planned to be half year or a year or two. No need to be surprised, we're used to this."

So I just came home from States after five years and here I am, watching my father unfolds his plans of moving away not from us, but from me. Only from me! Like what the hell?! I know, what happened six years ago strained our relationship but what I heard from Mi Hyun ajhumma is that my dad cries to sleep looking at my picture. I still believe that my father still cares for me, but why is he pushing me away?

Or to begin with, why did everyone pushed me away?

Anyway, there's no point of resisting. My father is a man of his words. If he says so, he'll do so. I hope Seoul won't push me away as well. Got to call that job-offering as well!

End of POV

 

 

 

BTOB and Beast had decided to eat for lunch together in a restaurant after a long time of not being together. They are in the midst of their talk about the possible comeback color for BTOB when Eunkwang's phone rang. It was four days after the announcement of their comeback when at last they heard the last confirmation they need to start the working process for their album.

"Han Eun Hee~ssi had already agreed to be your music producer. She's already in Seoul but she's coming here tomorrow." They heard BTOB's manager said over the phone as Eunkwang left it in a speaker mode for everyone to hear. Everyone became excited and happy for BTOB but Gikwang, on one hand, had mixed feelings upon hearing the name Han Eun Hee.

"As in Han Eun Hee? Manager hyung? By the way, this is Gikwang. You mean Han Eun Hee, the former DSP trainee?" Gikwang inquired.

"I already checked her background," BTOB's manager started "And you're right, she was a former DSP trainee." 

"You know him, Gikwang hyung?" Changsub asked while eating his noodles.

"Is she your past flame, huh?" Yoseob teased while tickling him.

"She's not my past flame, Yoseob hyung." Gikwang hit Yoseob's hand to stop tickling him. "But I know her." Gikwang then looked seriously at BTOB. "So, Eun Hee~ah is back." Gikwang said with lower voice.

Gikwang saw everyone return into chit-chatting and yet he's left with a question inside his head:

Does SS501 hyungs know that she's back?