#1

Missing Pieces

It is a beautiful Wednesday morning when she arrived at her homeland from the United States. The air is colder, yet there's a feeling of familiarity in it, as if it hadn't change since I left. She thought.

"Young lady, young lady!" She heard a voice of an elderly woman, the voice seems to ring a bell on her.

"Mi Hyun ajhumma!"  The younger exclaims at the top of her lungs, waiving her bags for the older lady to acknowledge.

"Aish! This young lady! You're supposed to be matured now after coming back from the States! You shouldn't be waiving your arms like you're a puppet or something!" The older lady, or Mi Hyun, as called by the younger woman said while hitting the girl's arm with her fan.

"Yah! Ahjumma! Its been 5 years since we last saw each other and the first thing I'll hear from you is scolding? Be considerate at the very least ah!" She pulls herself together and pouted at the old lady, thinking that it is something the old lady cannot resist from, but she's mistaken. "So my charms on you wore off huh?" She cheekily asked.

"As I told you," her tone became serious "you're too old for that already, besides, I believe you've finished your education there? Therefore, you'll have to be more matured for you to be able to land a job. Right? Eun Hee~ah?" Mi Hyun looked back to the young lady.

"Yes." Eun Hee answered.

 

 

"A comeback?! Daebak!" Seo Eunkwang, the leader of the K-Pop group BTOB shouted, embarassingly surprising all those who are present on their closed door meeting with their agency's managing director, the moment he heard about the great news.

"Why?! Do you really think we won't let you comeback that early?" The Sangmu or managing director of their agency asked.

"No, it's not that, Sangmu-nim. I just thought it would be Beast sunbae-nim first before us? Or maybe 4Minute sunbae-nim. I was just surprised I never thought it would be this early." Answers Lee Minhyuk, he is the second oldest among the group, next to Eunkwang.

"Oh, is that so? Well, we're planning a different route for Beast and it would take us a long road to end that's why we'll need to start now but we're not sure when we'll end. In short, there's no definite timeline for their comeback since Junhyung would still want to experiment with the type of song he'll be producing." The managing director answered.

"So are there already considered producers for our songs, Sangmu-nim?" The boy who's sporting a short blonde hair asked. He is the group's main rapper, Jung Ilhoon. Besides him is another blonde guy with a tattoo on his arm tugged him "Yah! Don't tell me you would want to produce a song for us? I don't like your color!" Changsub prankly said while the tallest of them all is laughing cheekily on the side "It seems like our maknae likes how he sees his hyungs fighting like cats and dogs." The one who wears a tank top with a matching Chicago Bulls hat says with visible foreign accent, Peniel was busy looking at how Sungjae was laughing until the quietest of them all had broken his silence "Sangmu-nim, please let us help on the producing stage, just like before." He looks seriously at the managing director.

"Of course! That was already planned, Hyunsik. Besides we'll need you to write a fan song." The managing director answered.

"So we're going to produce a song for our fans?! Great!" Sungjae jumps as his excitement to the recent announcement suddenly kicked his presence of mind out of his head.

"Not just a song, Sungjae~ah. But songs! Since we wanted you to be exposed more both individually and as a group, I want the Vocal Line and the Rapper Line produce their own fan songs. And since it was Hyunsik who first asked about this and knowing his experienced before, he'll head the Vocal Line while Ilhoon will hold the Rapper Line." The managing director seriously says. "Any questions?" he followed up.

"None, Sangmu-nim. Thank you." Eunkwang, as the group's leader, stood up first while his group follow him and bows down in front of the managing director and left the conference room.

 

 

Eun Hee was left alone inside her room by Mi Hyun telling her that she'll need a really good rest after a halfday flight from US. She was about to indulge herself in a deep slumber when her cellphone rang.

What the--? She irritatedly told herself, but nonetheless she answered the call.

"Hello?" Eun Hee answered.

"Annyeong Haseyo! Han Eun Hee ssi?" The caller asks.

"Yes?" Eun Hee answered.

The caller continued "Sorry for disturbing you, we're from Cube Entertainment. We've seen your profile online and we're looking for freelance producer right now for one of our talents' impending comeback, probably by next year. We would like to tell you that we're now considering of hiring you to be one of their producers." The caller seems to be aware of Eun Hee's silence that's why he just told Eun Hee "Don't worry, we won't need an answer right at the moment. We've left you an email already, feel free to reply to us about your decision until two weeks from now. You can either email us back or call the number included in the said email." The guy finishes.

"Oh, really?" She still cannot believe her luck. Her compositions are mostly used for school recitals and after those, their school would post it online on their own profile, for them to help their alumni after graduating. Who would have thought it would be that fast! Eun Hee never believes the capability of their school's online portal even after hearing those senior from her that they've landed a job after talent agencies saw their works on their school portal. 

"Uh, Eun Hee ssi?" The caller's voice broke her trance of thought.

"Yes?" She answered lousily, making it obvious to the caller that she's thinking of something else at the moment.

"Um, we'll just wait for your answer, arasseo?" The caller tentatively said.

"Oh, alright. I understand, thanks!" she dropped the call.

Pabo Eun Hee! I should have just answered right away! Eun Hee threw herself on her bed while kicking aimlessly in the air after realising her mistake.