#5

Missing Pieces

Eun Hee's POV

It has been two months after I got that job from Cube and get myself earning from my own hardwork when I received a message from my dad telling me that my allowance was already deposited to my account.

As if I care.

Not that I'm being a little proud brat just because I'm earning for myself, but I'm still not pleased with how they intently left me all alone here after 5 years of longing to see them in a daily basis. 

I was having my morning stuffs when someone knocked on my door. I peeked at the peep hole to see Changsub and Ilhoon waiting on the other side. They learned where specifically my house is located when one night, after their rehearsals, they accidentally passed through the wrong street which coincidentally is connected with the street where my house is, and then they saw me entering the house.

"Changsubbie, Ilhoon~ah!" I greeted them

"Ah noona, we're wondering if you could help us a little..." I can see the worry on little Hoonie's eyes. "Why, what's wrong" I asked them.

"Our Sikkie is getting frustrated with the arrangement of the song he and Gikwang-hyung composed. He told us that you promised her but he is shy to ask you about that since you still have another song on your belt" Changsub explained earnestly, I gave a soft "omo" after remembering about the promise I just gave Hyunsik. "But, the real problem is, if Hyunsik still didn't get to arrange the song the way he wanted it, the company will have to give it as part of Beast sunbaenim's track lineup for their album next year." he continued with a gloomy look on his face.

"A... Arasseo" I immediately pull out my laptop and music sheet and the other musical stuffs I need and lastly my car keys.

"You two," I nod to them "Go to your dorm and just follow up to the office and tell Hyunsik to get ready as well." I told them when I noticed they looked at each other and back to me.

"Ah noona, actually Hyunsik hyung prefers to do it at the dorm. He doesn't think he'll be able to do it well if he's at the office after the notice they sent to him." Ilhoon said, while I, after hearing him, closed my car and went towards them and out of the gate of my house.

 

End of POV

 

Hyunsik's POV

With Peniel, Sungjae, Eunkwang hyung and Minhyuk hyung from top and just wearing their boxers while hysterrically laughing over the game they're playing on our receiving area, I've decided that I badly need to go to our room to set myself into mood for arranging the music. I don't know where Changsub hyung and Ilhoon are, but the hell I care? I want this problem of mine to be solved.

I was looking at the faint morning sky when I heard footsteps coming from where I think it is, the front door of our dorm. I guess the two had arrived.

But what I heard next is worse.

I heard a female scream.

"Omo! OMO!" That's how exactly it is, just repeat it for like twenty times, with a woman's high-pitched voice.

With that commotion, I hurriedly put my tank top and went out of our room to see those four idiots who are playing awhile ago are now looking for decents shorts and tank tops for them to wear. I walked a few steps more to see from whom those million "Omo" came from.

"I told you she'll help" Changsub hyung looked at me while I look at the woman in front of me with her stuffs on her feet while her hands are embarrassingly on her face. 

"Are they dressed now? Can I remove my hand?" I heard her ask.

"Not really" I gestured them to go to the other room and their find their clothes. "But you can now open your eyes noona, they're at our room" I told her as I removed her hands from her face.

Her face, as I remembered it the first time I saw her blushing, is way more flushed than before. Well obviously, what kind of woman would she be if she didn't get that flushed after seeing four men almost in front of her?

"We're sorry for the commotion noona, but please do have a seat." I saw Ilhoon say as he gestured towards the only table we have which has three chairs at its sides. "Hyunsik hyung, Eun Hee noona, fighting!" he showed us a fighting sign.

I bet noona was informed by Changsub about the reason why I was not the one who told about this personally. Of course, I would have to admit that I really didn't know that they'll do this but it is just that I think she is busy or might be resting since it is a Saturday today. All I need to start this thing of course is to apologize.

"Noona, I'm sorry if this cause you any disturbances" I bow down to her.

"Ani! I really have nothing to do anyway. And I promised you didn't I?" She pulled a puppy eye on me. I'm not even sure if she really did or was I imagining things?

"Ah really... Ah... S-s-so can we start?" I stareted stuttering, this is not a good sign!

"Of course!" she beamed her bright smile, the brightest I've ever seen so far.

 

Hours passed by and the boys are also doing their own things. Though we (me and Noona) decided to just go to one of the free rooms of our dormitory unit for us to be able to concentrate into what we are doing. As the rain started pouring, I felt someone staring at the only window there is. She is staring at it.

"Hyunsik, do you know the song 'Rainy Heart'?" I looked at her quietly, tilted my head a little sideward, silently telling her that I am not familiar with the song.

"But I know the song 'On rainy days' of Beast Sunbaes." I answered to her and she looked at me with a smile on her face, a sad smile to be exact.

"Noona, is their something wrong?" 

"Aniya~ Come on, let's just finish this." she answered me while she rummaged on the music sheets on the floor.

Believe it or not but we we're able to finish it. Good thing that Eun Hee noona was here to help me and I guess the rain helped as well, setting the mood for us to come up with the melody for a song meant to those who are left broken hearted. We are arranging all the stuffs we used when she turned wrong and accidentally tripped over with me facing her. She closed her eyes as she prepared for the damage our fall would cause when I felt her soft lips touched mine.

And I knew she felt it too. Cause by the moment that happened, in a speed of light, she immediately pulled herself up. Just in time cause after that, 6 heads popped up from the door.

"Hyung! Noona! Is everything alright?" Sungjae, being the tallest is at the topmost part, asked us.

"Yes... Yes we're fine! Why sho--shouldn't we? Right Hyunsik?" She looked at me pleadingly, telling me to play it with her.

"Yes, yes of course. Noona's right." I answered while looking at all of them.

"Then why are you lying like that on the floor?" Ilhoon asked.

"I accidentally tripped over and fell." 

With all the boys interrogating me, I didn't noticed Eun Hee noona had collected all her  things until she speaks.

"I really need to leave." She bowed immediately and starts leaving the room when Eunkwang hyung prevented her, told her to have a dinner first, but she declined.

"Sikkie, I want you to assist her on her way home. Just to thank her for what she did for your song." I heard our leader commanded.

"Yes hyung." I responded in no time when noona said "No, there's no need, Eunkwang. Thank you." She smiled and left the room as I caught her by her arms.

"It is raining." With that, I held her tight and grab an umbrella and left with her.

We were nearing her house when an angry thunder roared and bellowed on us. I felt her flinched and threw almost all her things and screamed. I immediately held her on my arms and tried to cover her ears while slowly walking towards her house. 

The moment she her house's lights, I saw few tear stains on her cheeks. I knew it might sound funny since we're quite soaked after that incident back there outside but I have this strong feeling that those were tears.

"Please go home safely" That's all she said after I handed her all her things.

This is not the usual her. After being with her for quite some time, it is my first time for me to hear her speak with that tone.

"Ah noona, about what happened awhile ago..." She immediately lifted her gaze into my eyes. She undestands it immediately.

"Let's brush it off from our memories." Then she gazed sideways, apparently avoiding me "Please go home safely." she said again and there I was, left staring her house's front door.

Why, why, why, my dear
Why, why, why
I only looked at you so now what am I supposed to do?

My dear
I only loved you, I can’t just let you go like this

This is the chorus of the song we are arranging awhile ago, from an unknown reason, it played through my mind the moment she left me here.

Could it be possible that I am really looking out for her as a man?

 

End of POV

 

Eun Hee's POV

 

I know it is silly for me to ask Hyunsik about the song Rainy Heart, but I know my body initiatively acted for my mind.

And now, too bad for me, with this evil thunderstorm killing the sanity left in me is my mind singing specific part of that song. The rap part.

I’ll forget that it remains deep in my heart that love is true..
But (it) remains deep in my heart like a Hurricane..
(Rainy day) I’m alone Drunken again
Looking at the rain lonesomely..If I listen to this song…
Baby Maybe I cry again..

And the song is right, I'm crying again. Just like how I did whenever I hear thunder roar.

Good thing Hyunsik was there when I was at my most vulnerable awhile ago.

But something inside me screams otherwise.

That it shouldn't be Hyunsik.

It should have been Kyu.

If only...

 

End of POV

 

 

He sat down at the empty chair at his veranda as he look at the angry sky against the darkness of the night.

He could see the thunders trying to kiss the ground below it.

"Are you experiencing this there in America?" he sighed and sipped from his cup and put it down to the coffee table in front of him.

"Who's the lucky guy who's protecting you from those thunderstorms?" he sighed again as he took another sip of his coffee, now it became heavier than the first sigh he had.

He is trying to restrain his tears but it betrayed him.

"Who's the lucky guy who's cuddling you two to your sleep as this thunderstorm passed by your night?" He paused a little then continued "Are his hands that comfortable enough to prevent the two of you hearing these terrible thunders ruin your sleep?" His hands are trembling. He put down the cup again.

"How I wish it was me." He stood up, put both of his hands on the railings of his veranda and bowed a little to give way for the sudden rush of emotions he is experiencing right now.

"I'm nothing more than a loser to let you two leave me like this. This is all my fault. Everything, is my fault." Kyu Jong let his body slid down and sat at the floor as he cried silently.

Huh.. It’s raining….Maybe I’m crying again..
Hey..U hear me? My heart ..Rainy heart….

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An UPDATE! <3 I guess SS501 oppas will be out by the next chapter <3