A new Friend

You Saved Me

I looked out the window, Literature classes had never been boring but since Tiffany had to transfer to another class. Nobody was sitting beside me. 

 
“Class. We have new students.” Mrs Lee announced as two guys entered the classroom. Shouts were heard everywhere while the boys rolled their eyes. 
 
I recognised one of them, he was the guy that smiled to me this morning. 
 
“Annyeonghaseyo. Im Oh Sehun You can call me Sehun.” The handsome cold guy cheerfully greeted.
 
“Annyeonghaseyo, Im Luhan. Lets get along well.” A guy with sparkly eyes greeted. Mrs Lee assigned them their seats, ignoring the hands raised by all their ‘fangirls’. Sehun was assigned to seat beside me. While Luhan at the other corner of the classroom with Jonghyun. 
 
As Sehun walked towards the seat beside me I heard Onew whisper to Sehun. 
 
“I know she’s pretty. But you’ll never be able to get her.” Onew whispered. I rolled my eyes and I heard Sehun chuckle. 
 
He sat down beside me, “Hi. Im Sehun.” 
 
I flashed a light smile, “Jessica” I said and I went back to reading my book again. 
 
 
 
School ended and I walked back home alone. Tiffany and I wanted to go buy some bubble tea together but she had a date with nichkhun, her boyfriend. 
 
I was carrying all the work assigned by the teachers, they were heartless. Its only the first day and they were giving us work? 
 
Suddenly, I felt a stinging pain on my wrist, making me drop my books and I crouched down, holding my wrist. I saw blood stain my long sleeved shirt and I added pressure to help stop the bleeding. 
 
Once the bleeding stopped, I picked up all the books I dropped when suddenly somebody held my wrist. 
 
I was about to scream for help when I looked up and realised who he was.
 
“Sehun…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You……..Cut?” Sehun asked, staring at my wrist. I yanked my hand away from his grasp and picked up my books.
 
He started helping me pick it up. We stood up and he gave the books back to me. He smiled.I bowed down slightly.  I looked away and continued walking. 
 
I could hear his footsteps rush towards me. 
 
“You like reading books?” Sehun asked. 
 
I didnt respond. 
 
“What’s your favourite?” He asked again. 
 
No response. 
 
He sighed, “Look.. Ive been trying to be friends with you or at least talk to you the whole day but you hadn’t told me anything except for your name.” I glanced at him and I saw him frown. He looked…. Sad..
 
I bit my lips. 
 
“Fine… If you didnt want to be friends at the first place you could have just told me.” He said, walking away. 
 
“The fault in our stars by John Green.” I said. He stopped on his tracks and walked back to me with his smile on. *Cute*
 
“Really? Whats it about?” He asked as he took the pile of books that i was carrying.
 
“Its about a girl who is a cancer patient and is forced by her parents to attend a support group and she eventually falls in love with an amputee guy.. So on..” I exclaimed. 
 
“Thats nice..” He said as he stared at me, smiling.
 
“Why are you staring at me like that?” I asked, feeling uncomfortable. 
 
He shook his head, embarrassed. 
 
I smiled at his cute acts, “How about you? Whats your favourite book?” 
 
He chuckled, “Im not a big fan of books. Everytime I read one it would always end up collecting dust in my closet.” 
 
“You’re serious?” I giggled at him. 
 
He nodded. 
 
“Probably you’re not reading good ones.” I told him. He shrugged his shoulders with a smile still on his face. 
 
I grabbed my book and passed it to him, “Here. I can let you borrow it."
 
“The fault in our stars. Aren’t you still reading this?” He asked.
 
“Its my favourite book, Ive read it around 6 times already.” 
 
He smiled at me,”I’ll read it.”
 
 
We arrived at my house and he handed me back my books. He smiled at me and I flashed a genuine smile to him. We were both locked in each others gazes again, melting away the wall that I put up around my heart. 
 
 We were both interrupted when the door burst open. 
 
“Ummm. Did I—“ Tiffany looked at us awkwardly. 
 
“No, Tiffany ssi. You didnt disturb anything.” Sehun smiled. 
 
“I’ll go back in first.” Tiffany walked back inside, closing the door. 
 
It was an awkward silence, until I finally broke it. 
 
“I should probably get going now.” I said. 
 
“Yeah. See you tomorrow.” 
 
I smiled as I turned the door handle, I was about to close the door when he spoke. 
 
“Jessica… Don’t cut….. Please?” He asked, I could see his face was filled with concern. 
 
“Ill try not to.” I smiled.