Someone

You Saved Me

The freshly cut skin stinged as blood flowed down her wrist. “Im sorry, mom.” Jessica mumbled as she looked up the sky. 

 
Her phone buzzed.
 
To: Jess
Jess!! Where are you? Its late!!
from: Mushroom Tiffany
 
Jessica checked the time on her phone, “12.36am”
 
Pulling down her long sleeves to cover her cuts, “On the way back home.” She typed, ignoring the stinging sensation on her wrist. 
 
 
 
Jessica slowly made her way in her house, quietly tip toeing towards her room, trying not to make any noise. 
 
“JESS!!!” Somebody shouted. 
 
Jessica jumped up,”You scared me Tiffany.”
 
Tiffany has been her best friend for years, and also housemate. Tiffany was always there to console her and she is the only one who knows about Jessica self cutting issues but she was never able to stop Jessica’s habit. But still, she never gave up on her. 
 
“Sorry…” Tiffany apologised, “But can you believe it? School’s starting tomorrow and We are finally seniors!!” Tiffany exclaimed excitedly, jumping up and down. 
 
Jessica giggled, “Im gonna go sleep now Fany.” 
 
She took a few steps towards her room when Tiffany said the word she dreaded. 
 
“Jess. Arms.” Tiffany called. 
 
Looking back, Jessica brought up her arms to Tiffany. Freshly cut skin were visible,”Jess!!! You promised!!!” 
 
“Im sorry, Fany…”
 
“Sorry won’t help at all Jess.” Tiffany scolded, “Do you think your mom is proud of you right now? Im sure that right now she’s looking at you from up there, shaking her head in disappointment towards her daughter. Seeing how ruined her daughters life is now. Jess. Cutting won’t solve anything at all.”
 
Jessica looked defiant but she knew that Tiffany was right. She watched as the red-haired girl walked back to her room.  
 
Sighing, Jessica walked back to her room. 
 
“I don’t know how to stop..” Jessica mumbled as a tear rolled down her cheek. 
 
Wiping it away, “I still need to try.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tiffany woke up to the sweet aroma of chicken. She ‘sniffed’ the scent of chicken which was leading to the kitchen. In there, she saw a blonde hair girl in front of the cooker. 
 
“Is this the ice princess I’m seeing now?” Tiffany asked as she walked towards Jessica. 
 
“Maybe.” Jessica shrugged. 
 
“What’s this?” Tiffany’s eyes widened as she smelled the chicken noodles Jessica made. 
 
“An apology.” Jessica said. “Im sorry Tiffany. I can’t stop. I don’t know how.”
 
Tiffany smiled at Jessica, “You still have to try Jess. I know its hard. I know you have to handle this by yourself. But i also know that there will be someone who will make it a lot easier.Besides, I will still be here to support you no matter what.” 
 
“Thanks Tiffany.” 
 
 
 
 
Jessica and Tiffany entered the school, Tiffany could not stop talking about the excitement of being a senior. While Jessica was walking beside her, reading a book instead of gossiping with Tiffany. Jessica was not the kind to talk a lot in public, she stays quiet. 
 
“Sica!!!! Fany!!!!” Somebody shouted. 
 
Jessica and Tiffany glanced behind and saw Yuri and Yoona running to them. 
 
They gave them a big hug, “I missed you guys!!!!” Tiffany exclaimed. 
 
Yoona and Yuri were best friends like Jessica and Tiffany, though people think that they are twin sisters because of their similar pretty features. 
 
All four of them walked towards the cafeteria where they would always hang out before school. They sat at their usual place and started talking. 
 
“Have you heard?!!” Yoona exclaimed. 
 
“There’s new students transferring to our school this year. I think their name is exa, or was it exs?” Yuri tried figuring out what their group name was. 
 
“Exo!!!!!” Yuri exclaimed happily. 
 
“Exo?” Tiffany asked, furrowing her eyebrows. 
 
“Yeah. Its a group of boys consisting of 12 boys.” Yoona exclaimed. 
 
“But why would they transfer now? Its the end of the year.” Tiffany took a sip from her milk. 
 
Yoona shrugged her shoulders, “Oh right!!! Sica!! We got something for you.”   
 
Jessica looked up from her book and stared at both Yoona and Yuri who were beyond excited. 
 
They passed her a book. 
 
“The Fault In Our Stars” 
 
It has been her favourite book ever since she read it the first time. And she could not stop reading it again and again, until she had to return it to the library. She looked for the book in every bookstore in seoul but it was sold out. 
 
“Its signed and Its the special copy in which John Green decorated the book by himself.” Yuri smiled. 
 
My eyes widened, “THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!” I exclaimed happily as I ran to hug them. 
 
“You’re welcome ice princess.” They said. 
 
I settled back down to my seat and started reading the book for the 6th time. 
 
Suddenly, shouts and cheering were heard around the room. All 4 of us looked around and saw people, mostly girls, were crowding around the entrance of the cafeteria. 
 
12(handsome) guys walked pass us and my gaze was attracted to a particular guy who had cold looks but handsome features. We stared at each other, locked in each others gaze. He smiled at me warmly and walked with his friends. His smile melted me, and my personal view of him changed with that one
 
I blushed, I could feel my face getting hotter.
 
“OOOOHHHHH. Somebody is inloveeeee~~~~!!!!!” Tiffany teased. 
 
I shook my head and smiled at them. As I read my book, I couldn’t help but recall the ‘staring’ moments I had with that guy.