I'm Sorry

Business Engagement

"I can't believe him!" Jessica bellowed. "I can't believe her! Those two are the most horrible people I've ever met!"

"Calm down, Jessica," Changmin soothed. He knew how mad Jessica was. He was mad at Yoona for showing off an innocent, pure image, but then showing off her dark side when Jaejoong's back was against them. "I know what you mean, but just calm down!"

"I can't!" Jessica shouted. "Did you see his face? He…She…He fell for her nasty trick! What kind of person is she?"

"A person who loves Jaejoong and is Jaejoong's ex-girlfriend?"

"Shut up!" Jessica groaned. 

Changmin pouted and stared at the ground. "Sorry."

"I am so going to get revenge!"

"But Jaejoong would kill you–"

"Then I'll just have to make him take my side and believe my point of view. I hate that girl already!"

"I know," Changmin said, nodding his head. "I know."

 

"Are you sure she slapped you?" Jaejoong examined Yoona's "injured" cheeks. It was milky white–the same color as her "non-injured" cheeks. "I don't see any marks."

Damn, I forgot to put some kind of red mark on my cheek, Yoona thought, cursing herself. She pouted sweetly and nodded her head. "I'm sure! Didn't you hear her?"

"I heard a slap," Jaejoong admitted. "But I wasn't sure if Jessica slapped her. It just seemed so that she slapped you."

"Hmph!" Yoona crossed her arms and scowled. "Well, I'm sure that she slapped me. You're just not looking close enough."

"Oh well, maybe the mark will appear later or so," Jaejoong said, heaving a sigh. He got up on his feet and helped Yoona get up from the couch. "Now if you'll excuse me, Yoona, I have to go back down there."

"Why?" she asked. "I thought we were going to discuss about our business thing…"

"Well, I have to apologize to Jessica for being harsh, right?" Jaejoong walked towards the door and touched the cold, silver doorknob. "Besides, she's my wife after all."

 

"Besides, she's my wife after all," Yoona mimicked. She made an angry fist and kept a frown. If only Jaejoong hadn't said wife!

He's still planning to be engaged with Jessica after all, Yoona thought. From the moment she thought that Jaejoong would cancel the engagement with Jessica, he ended up saying wife. Wife. How Yoona hated that word. Unless "wife" referred to Yoona herself, she hated that word when it came out of Jaejoong's mouth. Wife

"Wife, wife, wife, wife!" Yoona grumbled. "Stupid Jessica! Why couldn't it be me being Jaejoong's wife?!"

"Jessica, are you going back home?" a familiar voice asked. Yoona gasped, recognizing who that voice belonged to: Changmin. She spotted Changmin and Jessica together, walking to the exit.

"Of course I'm going back home!" Jessica yelled. "Do you expect me to stay here, waiting for my sister? Do you expect me to stay here without Jaejoong's company? Do you expect me to stay here with that purely evil brat?"

Yoona flared up. That "evil brat" was referring to Yoona, and she knew that very well. She wanted to stand up to Jessica and knock her teeth out, but continued to listen. Changmin heaved a sigh.

"Jessica, Jaejoong will come down any minute from his office and apologize to you. So just wait while you can and–"

"Why should I wait for him?" Jessica asked, chuckling in a bitter tone. "He's a jerk. A complete jerk, if you ask me."

"But you never gave him the chance to speak!"

"If I do, then what comes from his mouth is something that I don't want to hear."

"But–"

"I can't wait for him because–"

"Because of what?" Jaejoong stepped into the conversation, as Yoona continued to stare and spy on them. Jessica froze and glared at him coldly.

"None of your business!" she snapped. "Get out of my face at once, Jaejoong!"

"Come on, Jessica! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings! I really am! I'm not planning to cancel the wedding just yet!" Jaejoong pleaded.

"Just yet?" Jessica raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, just yet," Jaejoong confirmed. "Until I find a horrible flaw in you, then I will promise to be engage with you. My mom and your parents seemed to want this and…"

"Oh, so you're doing this for your parents," Jessica said, rolling her eyes. "I see. I totally understand."

"W-Wait!" Jaejoong stuttered. Trying to get through Jessica's heart was quite difficult. "I…I want to give you a chance. Please?"

Jessica stared at Jaejoong, who was giving her a soft expression. Immediately, her heart began to race as fast as a cheetah. She could feel her cheeks turn bright red, burning in embarrassment. She looked away shyly, tucking her long, strand of wavy hair behind her ears, which were heating up.

Changmin held his breath for two reasons: One, to keep himself from laughing at Jessica's red cheeks; and two, to keep himself from ruining this cheesy conversation. As much as he wanted to laugh at Jessica and Jaejoong, he knew that it would be somewhat disrespectful to laugh at this moment.

Yoona stood still. She was stunned. Never in life has she ever seen Jaejoong using his soft, adorable face. She saw him use it only once, though, but that was when he had no money and begged Yoona to buy him something during a date. Besides the facial expression, she was shocked to hear that Jaejoong wanted to give his relationship with Jessica a try. Constantly, she would wonder at that moment, Does he want to forget about me?

Jaejoong couldn't believe what he was doing. He was terribly embarrassed, but this face usually got the ladies to forgive his mistakes, minor or not. He couldn't even believe what was coming from his mouth, too. Did he really want to give Jessica a chance to fill the empty whole in his heart? But was that possible with Yoona here, with him at this present time?

"I…I…" Jessica her breath and let out a big sigh. "I forgive you."

Jaejoong grinned. He knew that his looks would make Jessica forgive him. "Great! Now…do you want to come in my office?"

Jessica stared at Jaejoong. "Is Yoona in there?"

"Why? Do you have a problem with her?" Jaejoong asked, frowning.

"Yes, I do. A huge problem. She faked the whole 'Jessica-slapped-me' act! And you fell for it!" Jessica exclaimed. Jaejoong exhaled for a moment and then wrapped his arms around Jessica.

"Trust me, Yoona is a horrible actress. Have you seen her kindergarden videos?" Jaejoong started to drift off about how horrible Yoona's actings were. Changmin followed behind them with a bright face, as Yoona stood still.

I was a horrible actress in the past, Jaejoong, Yoona admitted, but I'm a pro actress, now.