Guest of Honor and Host

Business Engagement

"Where's Taecyeon?" Jessica muttered bitterly. Sulli laughed nervously and looked around. The restaurant wasn't very crowded tonight, even though it was a fancy place to dine and enjoy company.

"He's…be here," Sulli mumbled. Jessica shot a glare at Sulli, who immediately looked away.

"Sulli, are you hiding something?" Jessica asked directly.

"N-No!" Sulli exclaimed. Jessica slightly gritted her teeth.

"Then where's Krystal?"

"At the restroom, remember?"

"I don't think Krystal will be in the restroom for thirty minutes. Heck, she hardly uses the public restrooms for five minutes!" Jessica exclaimed. Sulli cringed her back as she quickly texted Krystal under the table, asking her friend what she should do when Jessica got mad. As Sulli looked up, her eyes caught site of a handsome man walking into the restaurant with an exhausted expression. Her eyes lit up and she quickly deleted the text and hid her phone.

"Oh! There's our guest!" Sulli cheered. Jessica turned her head to the direction Sulli was looking at and widened her eyes. She stared at Sulli, and back at the well-suited man who met her eyes.

"Jaejoong…" Jessica whispered. Jaejoong, who was only a few feet away from them now, looked shocked. As Jaejoong took his seat, and glanced around and wondered where Jessica's parents were.

"Well, there he is! Now, let's hurry up and order something to eat, alright?" Sulli said, trying to get the atmosphere lively. Jaejoong kept quiet with a scowling expression as Jessica stared at the man across from her with an icy look.

"Where are your parents?" Jaejoong asked. Sulli froze and gulped nervously.

"What? Why would my parents come to my dinner date with Taecyeon?" Jessica questioned. Sulli stiffened as she saw Jaejoong's cold glare.

"You were going to meet Taecyeon?" Jaejoong asked darkly.

"Yeah, I was. He wanted to tell me something, that's all," Jessica replied calmly. Quickly, Sulli shoved two menus in front of Jessica's and Jaejoong's face.

"Here! Let's order something! I'm hungry!" Sulli exclaimed, laughing quietly. Jaejoong slowly accepted the menu, and Jessica followed his suit. The two glared at each other when they looked up from their menus, causing Sulli to heave a sigh.

Why are adults so hard to communicate with? Sulli wondered.

 

"So since Jaejoong is gone, and that I'm done with work, do you want to go anywhere to eat dinner?" Changmin asked. Yoona quickly turned red as she avoiding Changmin's gaze.

"D-Dinner? Alone? Together?" Yoona asked. Changmin blushed and looked away.

"I…I guess. I mean, if you want to invite anyone, then I'm fine with it," Changmin blurted.

"Sure…Like, we can go alone…B-but if you want to invite anyone, I'm okay with that," Yoona stammered.

The two exchanged shy glances, turned away, and smiled to themselves secretly.

 

"…And then Krystal ran away, laughing and choking on her gum. I saved her life by pounding her back, and that's how we became friends," Sulli finished. After she was done telling her story about how she become friends with Krystal, she waited for Jessica's and Jaejoong's response.

"Mhm. Nice to hear that," Jaejoong said dully, playing with the tomato on his salad.

"Great. I'm sure Krystal can make more friends by choking on gum," Jessica commented. Sulli felt her heart drop as she sensed no romantic connection between the two. She sighed and stood up.

"Excuse me, but I'll make a quick trip to the girl's restroom," Sulli said politely, excusing herself.

"Why don't you do the same, Jessica?" Jaejoong asked, faking a smile. He gently dropped his napkin on the table. "I'm done eating. While you use the lady's room, I'll pay for the meal."

Jessica laughed half-heartedly. "Please, I'll pay for the meal. I was the host of this meal, anyways."

"Actually, Krystal offered to pay-"

"Oh really?" Jaejoong said, ignoring Sulli. "Well, you sure did a horrible job of hosting this dinner. No one even said a word!"

"But I was-"

"Huh, is that right?" Jessica snapped, interrupting Sulli. "Well, shouldn't the guest of honor greet the host before they dig into their meal selfishly?"

"Isn't that what the host is supposed to do? Greet their guests?"

"Well, you could've greeted me first. After all, you are the 'gentleman' here."

"I'll be at the restroom!" Sulli exclaimed loudly, hoping that the couple would hear her. She rushed to the restroom and quickly texting Krystal for help.

 

Krystal sipped on her glass of water, staring at Taecyeon. Taecyeon finishing off his remaining beef and snapped his fingers. In seconds, two waiters cleared away the main meal and began to serve desert. Krystal watched one of the waiter serve her a nice plate of chocolate pudding. Right when the waiters left, Krystal grabbed her spoon and dug into her pudding in seconds. Taecyeon scoffed as he poked his spoon gently into the pudding.

"Well, you have nice manners," Taecyeon said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Krystal narrowed her eyes as she wiped with the napkin near her.

"Whatever. You still didn't explain about what you're planning to do to my sister," Krystal muttered coldly.

"I'm not planning to do anything with her. I'm just simple…" Taecyeon paused, and then wet his lips. "Well, it's a bit hard to explain. Let me the piece of grape as an example." Taecyeon picked up a green grape that was on the center of his table. He showed the grape the Krystal, and then placed the grape between his index finger and his thumb. In seconds, the grape was crushed and juice began to drip from his hand. Krystal's eyes widened as Taecyeon called for a hot towel.

"You're planning to crush my sister?" Krystal exclaimed.

"Not exactly," Taecyeon said. "I'm just trying to…No wait, let me rephrase that. I'm just going to give her a piece of her own mind."

Krystal narrowed her eyes. "Why are you doing all this? If anyone, you should be doing this to Yoona."

Taecyeon smirked. "That's a reason for me to know and for you to find out. Plus, I'm just using Yoona. She's like a door, or like a gateway. Without her, I'll be unable to contact Jessica."

Krystal wanted to slap Taecyeon until she received a text message. She excused herself for a moment, and stared at the message Sulli had sent her. Krystal scowled and stood up.

"I really hate you right now, and I wish I could give you a piece of my mind, but I got to go. I have a much more important problem to take care of," Krystal said calmly. She quickly rushed out of the room, ignoring Taecyeon's dark look. After a few seconds, Taecyeon slowly stood up. He grabbed his phone, and dialed a number.

"Yes, hello? If you can, bring me a taxi right now. I need to follow someone to get to somewhere," Taecyeon said. He hung up and smirked as secretly followed behind Krystal.