Typical

Business Engagement

The clock ticked. Neither Yoona nor Changmin moved. Changmin was frozen from the thought of being alone in a room with someone he has a crush on, and Yoona didn't want to move because o the tense atmosphere that was being created. Yoona glanced at the clock, noticing that only two minutes had passed by, even though it felt like hours.

Wait, why am I not moving? It's not like I care about how stiff Changmin is, Yoona thought, glancing at Changmin. She stared up and down, examining Changmin. For the first time, she realized how handsome Changmin was. But of course, Jaejoong is much more hotter than he is.

"D-Do you want something?" Changmin stuttered, feeling somewhat embarrassed. Yoona raised an eyebrow, but then quickly gave him a straight-forward face.

"Yes, I would like you to go fetch Jaejoong oppa," Yoona replied. "Quickly."

"I can't do that," Changmin said quietly. "I mean, Jessica's out there with Jaejoong and…"

Yoona rolled up and slammed the magazine against the desk. "Then don't ask me what I want!"

Changmin kept quiet, keeping his lips sealed. Yoona huffed and crossed her arms, plopping back onto the couch. None of them spoke a word, and Yoona felt guilty for shouting at the innocent man like that. However, she kept an angry image, making sure that Changmin did not say a word. 

"Why do you hate me so much, Yoona-ssi?" Changmin asked quietly.

"Because you and Jessica are a nuisance to me. You guys are like my toys, except you guys try to go against me. You're like my enemy," Yoona replied coldly. Changmin looked up, and glared at Yoona with fire in his eyes. Yoona almost gasped, but she tried to keep a calm face. Her heart raced as she stared at the scary man. 

"I have feelings, Yoona," Changmin replied. His voice was like ice, smooth but cold. "And so does Jessica."

"D-Do I care?" Yoona asked bravely. Changmin ignored Yoona and walked out of the office, slamming the door loudly behind him. Yoona yelped and hugged a nearby pillow.

What's his problem? Yoona wondered, scrunching her nose.

 

Aish…What happened to me back there? Changmin wondered. Instantly, right after he left, he felt guilty. He didn't know what had happened to him there. All he knew was that once Yoona called him a "toy," he was furious with her. Normally, he wouldn't be as angry as he was before, but for some reason, he was hurt. It was as if Yoona had stuck billions of needles in his heart, piercing it and trying to aim for the spot that would injure him the most.

That wasn't like me at all. I don't yell at girls. Jaejoong does. He yells at anyone if he's angry. I'm the humble kind. I'm not the one who's supposed to scream and yell at people. I'm the one who's supposed to smile and understand what people are saying. 

But…what happened to me? Changmin questioned himself, constantly trying to find an answer. Instead of finding an answer, he bumped into Jaejoong instead.

"Oh, Jaejoong-ssi," Changmin greeted, bowing. "If you don't mind, I'm going to take a break."

"How about Yoona?" Jaejoong asked. "And didn't you want to discuss about the plans for the new product we're going to be creating?"

"I…I'm not feeling quite well today. Perhaps maybe tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? Er…I was planning to visit Jessica and a bit more," Jaejoong said, chuckling. A idiotic grin played on his lips. "If you want to tell her a secret, she's not quite the best person to ask."

"What do you mean?" Changmin questioned, frowning. Jaejoong shook his head, still keeping up with the grin.

"Ah, nothing. Anyways, I'll tell Yoona that we'll discuss the product next time. I have to get back to work. Try to come back from your break as soon as possible."

"Well do, sir," Changmin nodded. As Jaejoong walked away, Changmin groaned. He put his hand over face until he received a text message. It was from Jessica, who seemed to be very happy, according to the text she wrote.

From: Jung Jessica

CHANGMIN! THE PLAN WORKED 50%! Good teamwork! Let's do it again someday, okay? 

50%? Changmin thought, frowning. It should've been a hundred!

To: Jung Jessica 

What do you mean only 50%? It's supposed to be 100, isn't it?

 

Jessica giggled when she received Changmin's message. She couldn't help but smile and blush when she thought of what happened in Jaejoong's car. She was about to text back, but another message popped up. Frowning, she glanced at the messenger. Gasping, she immediately clicked on the message from Jaejoong.

From: Kim Jaejoong

I got permission to visit you tomorrow. See you then!

Tomorrow? Jessica thought, widening her eyes. I'm facing him tomorrow?! Well, he can't possibly want me to answer his question earlier about the one-to-ten thing, right?

Her phone beeped. Jessica opened the new message up.

From: Kim Jaejoong

Oh, and I expect you to answer my question earlier! In case you forgot, the one about the one-to-ten scale thing. I'm looking for your REAL answer! :)

Jessica sighed and puffed one side of her cheek. Typical.