A Lunch With All of Us

Business Engagement

Jaejoong was hungry.

He could've went out of his office right now to eat with Yoona or Changmin, but he desperately wanted to eat lunch with Jessica. He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Why did I even yell at her? I hardly know what's going on between the two, Jaejoong thought. He covered his face with his hands and inhaled through his nose. I should just…apologize. I went far too overboard.

As he got up from his seat, his office phone began to ring. Jaejoong groaned and sat back down as he took the call with an annoyed expression.

"What now?" Jaejoong grumbled.

"U-Uh…S-Sir, there's a very…wild girl…waiting for you…" the lady from the first floor stammered. Jaejoong frowned and furrowed his eyebrow.

"A wild girl?"

"Y-Yes…She seems to know you…"

"YA! KIM JAEJOONG!" a familiar voice yelled. Jaejoong's eyes widened as he dropped his jaws.

No freaking way! he exclaimed in his head.

 

"Man, I thought that there was no way for me to get inside here after the security guys," the young girl said, rolling her eyes. "You ought to have a better security system. Really, you ought to."

Jaejoong placed his fingers on his forehead as he looked up at the guest with one eye. "Krystal, what on earth are you doing here?"

Krystal just smiled as she plopped down at a random seat. "Visiting. With my friend Sulli. Of course, I came here to see Jessica unnie. I thought she'd be with you. Guess not. So how's life?"

"Life is…" Jaejoong suddenly thought about the argument he had with Jessica a few minutes ago. He faked a smile and nodded his head. "Life is good."

"Nothing special?"

"…I guess not."

"Nothing…sparky?"

"…Well, I had one just a moment ago."

"So you guys kissed?!" Krystal squealed. Her eyes lit up and for a moment, Jaejoong thought he saw fireworks exploding around her. He blushed and looked away as he covered his mouth with his hands.

"Kiss? No, nothing like that. We just had an argument, that's all–" Jaejoong's eyes widened as he stopped himself from spilling out more information. He quietly glanced and gazed into Krystal's cold and dark eyes. She was obviously disappointed in Jaejoong. She slightly gritted her teeth, then checked her phone, and then grabbed Jaejoong's hand.

"Come on," Krystal said, yanking Jaejoong out of his seat.

"What…"

"We're going to eat lunch. I'm starving, and so is my friend Sulli, who is currently waiting for us outside," Krystal replied. The two made their way into the elevator, and as Jaejoong stood in the elevator, he let out a quiet sigh.

Wait until Jessica knows about this, Jaejoong thought.

 

Changmin and Jessica were at a café, and the two of them didn't dare to speak. Jessica was frowning the whole time as she stuffed with lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Changmin quietly chewed on his meal as he watched Jessica furiously eat her lunch. He knew that there was something wrong with her, but he didn't want to interrupt Jessica's meal. Besides, if he spoke, she would probably kick him or something.

It's really hard to believe why I liked this girl, Changmin thought, slightly chuckling. He stopped when Jessica gave him a cold shoulder. He quickly cleared his throat and watched Jessica eat.

"He's such a jerk," Jessica said loudly, hoping that Changmin could hear her. He obviously did, for he looked up and gave her a questioning look. "I mean, he wants to cancel the engagement. How can I ever do that? It's either Jaejoong or the first guy I met at a match-making event, and he's currently in a match-making session with a girl from a model company."

"Do you even remember the guy at your first match-making event?" Changmin asked.

"No! That's why I wanted to marry Jaejoong, especially since he's the closest guy I have, but no. He started to act all boastful and rude and began to tell me that he was only attending this math-making event just because of his mother. I mean, if it's for his mother, then what was I to him?" Jessica asked. Tears started to swell up in her eyes as she raised her head to prevent them from falling.

Changmin stared, and then gave Jessica a small smile. He leaned forward and wiped her teary eyes with his thumb. Jessica could only stare into Changmin's warm gaze. He was truly a gentleman, and Jessica was so thankful for him being her friend.

"I'm sure he just needed to get his mind set," Changmin said. "It's normal for Jaejoong to overreact. Though I'm not sure what the situation is, I'm sure he'll calm down. He's always ranting and throwing stuff, so it's fine."

Jessica sniffed and smiled back at Changmin. "Thanks. You really know how to make a girl feel better."

"Changmin?" Jessica and Changmin looked up and met Yoona's surprised expression. Changmin immediately turned red as Jessica smiled at Yoona, who was with Taecyeon.

"Oh, Yoona! Who's this?" Jessica asked, glancing at Taecyeon. Yoona and Changmin stared at each other for a few minute until Yoona broke away. She turned to Jessica and glanced at Taecyeon.

"O-Oh! Um…Taecyeon, this is Jessica and Changmin, my friends. Jessica, Changmin, this is Taecyeon…the guy who I'm being paired up with," Yoona replied quietly. Jessica and Changmin stood up, bowed at Taecyeon, and shook his hand. When Taecyeon shook Jessica's hand, he tilted his head and frowned at her in confusion.

"Do I know you? You seem awfully familiar," Taecyeon said. Jessica's face lit up in surprise.

"Oh, really? You look quite familiar to when I saw you," Jessica exclaimed. Taecyeon laughed in reply and grinned.

"Well, it might be a coincident or something," Taecyeon replied. Jessica nodded her head as Taecyeon turned his attention away from her and shook hands with Changmin. Changmin had a soft look on his face, but when he shook Taecyeon's hand, Taecyeon's face twitched a bit. Changmin's grip was hard, and it kind of hurt Taecyeon's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Taecyeon-ssi," Changmin greeted with a fake smile. Taecyeon meekly nodded his head and quickly pulled away. He took a deep breath, rubbed his hand and glanced at Yoona. Jessica glanced at Changmin, and then gave him an evil grin.

"You know, why don't we all enjoy lunch together?" Jessica asked, scooting over.

Taecyeon shook his head. "Oh no, we must really get going. We just happened to stop by and…"

"Nonsense! Join us!" Jessica encouraged. She pulled Taecyeon next to her and gestured Yoona to seat next to Changmin. Yoona awkwardly bit her lips as she slowly sat down next to Changmin. He awkwardly looked away and stared down at the table. Changmin gave Jessica a, "What the heck are you up to?" look, but Jessica acted as she was oblivious to his stares. "Now then…"

"Unnie!" a hyper voice shouted across the room. Jessica, Yoona, Changmin, and Taecyeon all looked up. In particular, Jessica's, Yoona's, and Changmin's eyes widened as they met the familiar younger sister's glowing look.

"Krystal…" Yoona breathed. Taecyeon remained clueless, wondering why the three had such fear in their eyes. Jessica looked at the tall man behind Krystal, who locked eyes with Jessica. Jessica stiffened and bit her lips as Jaejoong gave her a weak look. The two stared at each other for the longest time until Krystal took a seat next to Changmin and instructed Jaejoong to sit next to Taecyeon.

Changmin frowned and stared at Krystal. "Krystal, why are you here–"

"Less yapping, more talking. Oh, I want to introduce you to my friend Sulli, who was hiding behind Jaejoong's back the whole time. Is it okay if Sulli eats at the head of the table?" Krystal asked. None of the adults spoke as Sulli awkwardly stood near Krystal. "Great! Okay, Sulli! Come on, you can sit. Order anything you want. The guys will pay."

Sulli hesitantly took a seat and whispered to Krystal, "Are they always this quiet?"

Krystal whispered back, "They will if I don't know what's going on and fix these old guys up. I mean, geez, these guys can't solve their own problems! Someone has to help them, and that's where I come along." After a moment, Krystal gave her friend a cheesy grin. "My sixth sense is awesome, isn't it?"