Run Away

Business Engagement

"You have got to be kidding me," Jessica said, dropping wide open. She turned her head to Jaejoong, who was already ready to get out of the car. "Cooking class?! Our first date is going to cooking class?"

"Hey, for your information, it's free for today only! Plus, this is our second date," Jaejoong corrected. Jessica stared at Jaejoong weirdly.

"When was our first date?" Jessica asked.

"Wait, never mind. Make this our third date," Jaejoong said, holding up three fingers.

"Then when was our first and second date?" Jessica questioned.

"Our second date was at McDonalds, remember?"

"That is not considered as a date! That event was for you making up to me," Jessica protested. "Plus, when was our first date?"

"Tsk, tsk," Jaejoong said, shaking his head. "Remember when we first met?"

"Yeah, you were a total jerk," Jessica replied, smirking. Jaejoong ignored her and opened the door. 

"Well, that was technically our first date."

"Did you not see my awesome skills during breakfast?" Jessica asked, as she got out of the car. "Jaejoong, are you listening?"

"No, I tasted your meal that you prepared for me for breakfast," Jaejoong replied. He closed the door, as Jessica did the same. He locked the car and grabbed Jessica's wrist. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

"But I already know how to cook."

"Then you can teach me."

"I can teach you at home."

"Should I remind you about Krystal?" Jaejoong asked, raising an eyebrow. "She's definitely going to do something to us if we go back."

Jessica scowled. "Fine. I'm going." She paused for a moment as she stopped at the entrance. "But I'm not going to enjoy it!"

Jaejoong froze, as he remembered a distant memory dug deep in his heart.

 

"So you're taking me here as our official date?" Yoona asked, glancing at the people who were holding shopping bags. The mall was just built only a week away, and Jaejoong swore himself that he would take Yoona here. Yoona smirked and glanced at Jaejoong. "There's a lot of people at the mall. You sure you want to go in?"

"You talk as if I'm afraid of a bunch of people," Jaejoong laughed. "Come on, let's go in!"

"Are you sure that nobody at work is going to call you?" Yoona questioned. Jaejoong gazed at Yoona's serious frown.

"Yes, I'm sure. I even asked Omonim if I can hang out with you for today," Jaejoong assured. Yoona hesitated, still not feeling convinced. Jaejoong sighed and grabbed Yoona's small hands. He rubbed her hands with his own, and then pecked it. "Don't you trust me?"

"But…you know that I don't like to walk around a lot," Yoona said, pouting. "We have the whole day to ourselves, and we're just going to shop until we drop?"

"Isn't that what girls like to do?" Jaejoong asked, raising an eyebrow. Yoona bit her bottom. She sighed and gave him a smile.

"Fine. I'm going," Yoona gave in. She pressed her lips for a second, and then continued. "But I'm not going to enjoy it! By 'it', I mean walking around, holding bags of stuff. You have to do all the carrying."

Jaejoong grinned. "Fine."

 

"Jaejoong?" Jaejoong snapped out of his thoughts and stared at Jessica, who was giving him a worried look. "Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?"

He suddenly remembered what Jessica had asked him to remember: "I am not Yoona. I am Jessica."

Jaejoong smiled weakly at Jessica. "No, nothing. Let's go in."

I can't forget that Jessica isn't Yoona, Jaejoong reminded himself. I just can't.

 

"Then, you knead the dough. Go on, everyone. Just like this," the teacher said. Jessica bit her tongue, as she struggled to knead the dough. Jaejoong almost laughed, and ended up chuckling. Jessica glared at Jaejoong.

"Hey, kneading the dough to make cookies are hard! You try! I haven't seen you do anything except choose which cutter you want our cookies to be shaped as," Jessica protested. 

"Oh my, are you two fighting?" the teacher asked, coming up to Jessica and Jaejoong. Jessica flushed in embarrassment, as Jaejoong smiled.

"No, we're not fighting. Don't worry, it's pretty normal for her attitude to…go overboard," Jaejoong answered, smirking at Jessica. Jessica dropped , as the teacher sighed.

"You two should really work together," the teacher said. "Making cookies by yourself is hard, especially when you're adding the final step."

"And what is that, exactly?" Jessica asked irritatedly. The teacher was getting on her nerves, and so was Jaejoong. The teacher smiled at Jessica softly, ignoring Jessica's irritated look.

"Love."

Jaejoong smiled brightly at the teacher and then turned to Jessica. 

"Ooh, did you hear that Sica? Love," Jaejoong said, elbowing Jessica's arm. Jessica shot Jaejoong a glare and turned away with a frown. Jaejoong pouted, as the teacher quickly scurried away before she could get further into the mess. 

"Pft. Whatever," Jessica muttered. Jaejoong blinked his eyes, clueless of her cold reaction.

"What? Come on, I was just teasing," Jaejoong said, poking Jessica. Jessica shrugged him off.

"M'kay. Hey, get the cookie cutters out. You can do the rest from here," Jessica said coldly, taking a seat. Jaejoong stared at Jessica.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Why are you so worried, anyways?"

"Um, I'm kind of always worried…"

"I can take care of myself, you know."

"But you're acting really weird. First, you were just annoyed, and now you just want to ignore me. There has to be something wrong–"

"There's freaking nothing wrong!" Jessica yelled. The couples surrounding Jessica and Jaejoong stared at their direction. Jessica's cheeks reddened, as Jaejoong shot a glare at everyone who was staring.

"Mind your own business, people," Jaejoong said loudly. "My girlfriend here is just shocked about how our dough turned out to be perfect."

The teacher walked up to Jessica and Jaejoong and examined their dough. "Mm…I think you added too much flour–"

"Then why don't you do it with Mr. Perfect here?" Jessica shouted. She quickly wiped her sticky, dough-ed hands with a wet towel and ran out of the class. Jaejoong's eyes widened as he held his hand out.

"Jessica, wait!" Jaejoong shouted.

But Jessica was too far away to hear him.