Midnight Memories {EXO Baekhyun OneShot}

ONE MORE TIME!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Daddy, Mommy,” little Hyemi snuggles into her bed, her parents tucking in her blankets on either side of her. “Tell me a story.”

“What story do you want?” Baekhyun asks, pulling up Hyemi’s little chair from her little desk to sit by her bed. “Cinderella?”

“No,” Hyemi shakes her head.

“Sleeping Beauty?” Baekhyun tries again.

“No,” Hyemi refuses. “Tell me how you and Mommy met.” Her voice is clouded by sleepiness.

Baekhyun glances over at Taeyeon in amusement, who stretches out and lays down by Hyemi on the bed.

Taeyeon looks on fondly as Baekhyun begins, smiling at the two people he loves most.

“Well,” Baekhyun begins. “One night,  long long time ago, your mom came knocking on my door. She was a little… crazy that night and thought that my house was her house, so she came in and went to sleep on my bed.”

Taeyeon glares at him for calling her crazy.

‘What, how else do you explain being drunk to  a six year old?’ Baekhyun mouths back.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes and continues the story.

---

Usually, when Taeyeon wakes up, she doesn’t open her eyes right away. Or at all, really, considering that she just turns around to go right back to sleep. But today her head is killing her and it’s preventing her from being anywhere near unconsciousness once she wakes up, so she opens her eyes slowly, blinking a few times in the dim room.

Her eyes open wide in alarm a moment later, taking in her unfamiliar surroundings. She tries to remember what happened, how she got there, whose house it is, but that’s all blocked by the pain of her hangover. Oh how she hates her life.

She doesn’t realise that she’s been making noises until someone walks in with a bowl and spoon.

“You’re awake? Have some hangover soup. I made it myself.” He sounds really smug over a bowl of soup.

Taeyeon looks at him. “Do I know you? How am I supposed to be sure that isn’t drugged?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “We’ve met before, once, at Hyoyeon’s place. She’s a friend of of one of mine. I’m Baekhyun.” He sets the bowl down on the small bedside table, leaving with an, “eat it if you want. Makes no difference to me as long as you don’t die in my house. Chanyeol would kill me.” He mutters that last part to himself, but Taeyeon still catches it.

The names Chanyeol and Baekhyun are vaguely familiar to her, but it hurts to think so she hopes that they weren’t on the news for a murder and sits up, reaching over for the soup. It’s surprisingly good and she figures that he has the right to be smug because a simple hangover soup should not be this good and she wonders if he’ll teach her how to make it before realizing that she had just woken up at a stranger's house and said stranger is now feeding her and that she should be at least slightly embarrassed.

Taeyeon slowly finishes the rest of the soup and leans back against the headboard. Her head feels better and she can think clearly now. She remembers going to some college party Jessica dragged her to because the latter had a younger boyfriend who was invited. Taeyeon needed more fun in her life apparently. The college definition of fun.

“You done?” Baekhyun pokes his head in to check on her again.

“Yeah, um, thanks.” Taeyeon hesitates. “I didn’t do anything last night, did I?”

“Depends on how you define ‘do’,” Baekhyun says. He must take some evil delight in her mortification. “Not much. You were really drunk, though. I think you thought that this was your house and came in and dropped on the bed. Passed out just like that. I was kind of impressed.” He grins.

“I am so sorry,” Taeyeon groans, wishing that she had never listened to Jessica and praying that time would magically be turned back to last night. “Do you know what time it is?” The dark, blackout curtains are drawn over the window, but she can still tell that it’s daytime.

“It’s Saturday, June 21, twelve-twenty-one P.M,” Baekhyun promptly recites. “And a couple of seconds. You’re welcome to sleep more, if you want. Already stayed the night, a little more won’t hurt.”

Taeyeon shakes her head lightly. “No, it’s okay. Thanks for letting me stay over.” She swings her legs to the side and hops off the bed, noting (gratefully) that she’s still wearing all of her clothes. Even if they are a little revealing.

“No problem. Though I didn’t really have a choice,” Baekhyun teases.

Taeyeon starts blushing again, tilting her head down as she walks so that her hair gives her some form of cover. “Sorry. And thanks again. I’ll repay you someday.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter