Chapter 5: His Blue

Chasing a Miracle
Please log in to read the full chapter
• CHAPTER 6 • HIS BLUE

 

It’s been few days since the incident with Yoonrae. From then on, Myunghee could never get rid of the tick in her head. Every new day was redundant of her thoughts, focusing on one goal which was not wise in her best friend’s eyes. Her vision remained blurry to the consequences. Due to her stubborn head, Baekhyun knew it won’t be easy to sway her decision.

Receiving a notification from their talent agency, it was not long when both the duo reached the entrance of SM building in Cheongdam-dong. SM back then, during their teens was their previous home talent industry. Myunghee’s beloved, Jongin, was also in the same entertainment. They were both even in the same area of expertise which was a bigger reason why they were so close to each other.

But then of course, due to the offer from New York, it was natural to take that one life-time opportunity. Although, if it wasn’t for Jongin’s greater ambition in business, they would’ve not parted ways and Myunghee and his relationship would’ve developed. This was Myunghee’s ‘if’ scenario-thought she constantly referred back to.

Coming out from the silver car, the two of them slowly made their way towards the entry of the building. Myunghee noticed the blue and white striped beanie that neatly covered the majority of Baekhyun’s black head. The blue colour was slightly worn out at the top tip of the beanie. She remembered giving this to him since the beginning of their trainee days together.

With a small smile, Myunghee started, “Why are you wearing that hideous beanie?”

Baekhyun glared back as he rebutted, “Why’s your face so hideous?”

Myunghee scoffed, rolling her eyes then whined due to the cold breeze that quickly passed. Apparently she left her jacket at home, thinking that the weather would be warm because her unreliable instincts said so.

“Oh so you left your jacket because you didn’t think it would be this cold even if you could clearly see the grey clouds forming from a 12-mile radius--” Her best friend gave her wry expression.

“Shuttup. The sun was out when I came out, okay?”

“Well, you’re an idiot.”

“Baek, will you be quiet and be man for once and at least have the consideration to lend me your jacket?”  She rebutted with a slight sassiness.

“Be a man?” Baekhyun lifted his chin up, clasping his palms together, and muttered in a preaching manner, “God from above please help bring back the memory to this woman when I specifically told her I had only eyes on the male species. Amen.”

Before they could even further their aggressive discussion, from behind someone was calling out their name. Their sarcasm faded as they turned to see a familiar, pretty skinny figure jogging towards them.

Only few metres away, he exclaimed, “Wow, you two are like a tourist couple, bickering in English!”

With surging excitement the Byun engulfed his old buddy with his arms, patting his back.

In Korean, of course, Myunghee smiled widely as she was also glad to see an old friend, she spoke, “Nice to see you again, Chen.”

The two men parted as Chen remarked, “Wah. Makkie, you’ve gotten prettier.”

Myunghee huffed, “Hey, what does that supposed to mean?”

They all laughed in sync as Chen hurriedly led them inside.

“Hurry, fans might pounce on us out of nowhere.”  

Entering the building, recollection of memory clips flew in. Myunghee ignored the coldness since she had entered the heater’s warmth and enjoyed that same fluttering feeling of nostalgia. Chen signed in with the other two at the reception table.

Passing through the well-lit hallway of framed walls of well-known artists, Chen was in the middle with the other two either side of him, explaining the recent reconstruction of Cheongdam-dong’s SM branch.

“Weeks after you guys left, the company proposed plans for major reconstruction on the building’s aesthetics and of course, you may have seen from afar, the building has gone wider and taller.” Myunghee intently listened as she made a mental vision of the missing small area where Baekhyun, Jongin and others used to hang out during trainee days, now dug into a basement parking lot for staff members and VIPs. Myunghee frowned in disappointment.

Chen pressed the elevator button with his index finger as he continued, “Elevators gone larger too. Since the expansion of the branch, more trainees were transferred and recruited from different parts of So

Please log in to read the full chapter