Three

Two Sides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tuesday,

Jiwon opened her eyes and stretched her arms. Her bones gritted and made this painful cracking noise. She groaned and then massage her temple and her back neck. Last night, she spent hours doing her math homework. She glanced at the clock; it was 7am. She stood up from her bed and went to the bathroom. She was about to turn the doorknob when she heard the bell rung. She walked out of her room to the living room and opened the front door of her apartment.

She saw a delivery guys holding a medium sized box. “Is this apartment owned by Park Jiwon? 54th West of Market Streets, Yangwon Tower apartment number 6012?”

“Yep.”

“Please sign your name here and your signature here.” He handed her a piece of paper and a pen. She gestured his hand on where she should sign. She took them and signed her name and signature. The delivery guys gave her the box after getting the paper back. “Have a great day miss.”

“Thank you!” she beamed.

Jiwon closed the door. She flipped the box and analyzed the box. She took it to the living room. She sat on the couch and put the box on her lap. The box was covered with light blue wrapping paper with polka dots pattern. She shook the box slowly before finally tearing the wrapper. She tears it carefully and when she saw a glimpse of what’s behind the wrapper, she gasped. She tore the wrapper abruptly this time and shrieked when she finally tear the whole wrapper.

It was a headphone from her favorite brand; beats by dr. dre. She carefully opened the box and took out the headphone from the box. It was a purple colored headphone. It was an original design. She looked at it in awe. She then went to her bedroom and grabbed her phone. She plugged the headphone to her phone and start one of the songs from her playlist. The sound was so clear and Jiwon jumped in joy.

She stopped her music player and dialed a number. She waited for the call to be answered.

“Hello?” says someone on the other line.

She immediately screamed her joy out.

“Jiwon stop that! You’re breaking my eardrum!”

“Mom, thank you so much! Thank you thank you thank you!”  

“You’re very welcome darling.”

“But it’s still a few months.”

“Let’s just say it’s an early birthday gift dear.”

“Why are you giving it to me now? Aren’t you going to give it to me on my birthday instead?”

“I’m so sorry dear. About that, your dad and I, we—“

Jiwon sighed and before her mom could finish she opens , “No, it’s okay mom. I don’t want to hear it, but I totally understand though. I gotta go; I’m running late for school. I’ll talk to you soon okay.” She hung up the phone and threw her phone to her bed. She sighed and then stared at the headphone on her hand. She put her headphone on the table and grabbed her towel. She entered the bathroom and throws away her clothes. She felt the warm water from the shower hose down her whole body. She lifted her face and the water hits her face completely. She breathed the vanilla scent from her body wash and then she closed her eyes.

Little that she knows that her tears joined the water and streams down her body and down to the sewer.

 

Her purple headphone covered her ear comfortably as she walks inside the school gates. The other student turned to look at her figure walking across the field. She had her hands holding both of her bag straps. Her phone on her jacket’s pocket and she was playing a song when she walked. All eyes followed her and yes she noticed it. But she didn’t give a damn; she didn’t give a damn to anything they think about her.

She stopped at her locker and took off her headphone and left it hanging on her neck. She opened her locker to get her books and dropped her bag inside. She looked at her reflection on the little mirror hanging on her locker door. She looked at her pale face that was covered with a smear of dark makeup. She remembered adding a little smear of eyeliner on her eye, a little powder on her cheeks and a light brush of pink balm on her lips this morning. Her eyes look striking on her face as the black line on her eyes popping her eyes. She looked cool in a certain way. Her locks loose and goes down gracefully when she moves her head around.

“Hey face.”

A girl stood behind Jiwon and behind her were her friends. They stood behind Jiwon and waited for her to turn around. Jiwon looked at the girl from the mirror. She recognizes her face and slightly furrowed her eyebrows. She rolled her eyes before turning to face the girl.

The girl name was Jung Serin and she was the most popular girl in the school. She called herself the queenka of the school along with her rats; Jiwon knew one of them though, it was the girl from the toilet yesterday. Serin crossed her arms and looked at Jiwon’s face. She showed nothing but this face called ‘what-do-you-want’ look with a creased eyebrow.

“OMG look at your face. You really are a aren’t you? Your face is just bringing down my mood and it annoys me a lot.”

“Just go straight to the point. I don’t have much time.” Jiwon’s getting impatience.

Serin scoffed but then rolled her eyes. “I heard you were trying to get my boyfriend into trouble.”

“Your boyfriend?”

“Oh don’t act like you don’t know anything. Yesterday, you were going to tell on him to the teachers about something.”

Jiwon furrowed her brows and remembered something. Is it that guy from the toilet? Again, from the toilet yesterday? She raised her brows and darted her gaze to the group of girls in front of her, but her eyes landed on the girl behind Serin instead of Serin. Jiwon smirked and then turned her eyes to Serin again. “Oh him, yeah I almost got him into trouble. Why? Did he tell you about that? Did he tell you about the girl that almost causes him detention that day?” Jiwon pursed her lips and showed this sympathy expression. She’s just messing with Serin.

“Ugh how dare you talk like that? You’re just a who don’t know what you’re doing.”

“Did he even tell you the thing that makes me want to tell on him?” Jiwon asked and her tone was sharp and the whole the people in the corridor just stopped what they’re doing.

Serin widened her eyes and then she stuttered. ”Well I’m sure he has his own reason for not telling me. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter