any couple: all prompts

Drabble Collection

In the beginning there was an accusation. I was restless because you misunderstood and refused to listen when I tried to explain. The winter after everything ended I would walk behind you and watch snowflake after snowflake fall on the hood of your coat. In the haze you looked even more unreachable. But the flame in my heart remained unquenchable even when I tried to keep my speech formal when I talked to you.

 

I asked to be your companion, thinking that it’s a good move to settle for silver when I couldn’t have gold. Still, I was not prepared for the knowledge that you had someone else. Denial didn’t help. The wind chilled my bones under countless layers of clothes and I was reminded that there’s an order to everything that I shouldn’t tamper with and the only thing I could do is to give thanks to him for taking care of you and be happy for you when I see unmistakable love in the way you would look at him.

 

Then summer brought about a transformation in him. That day on the beach I heard your tearful hiccups and saw you tremble, your standing silhouette unsteady in the sunset and I got mad. How dare he?

 

But I could only hope that one day you would love someone who’s ready to walk a thousand miles with you, wait outside in the cold winter for you, just for you, not a diamond ring or hand-written letters or even a promise of a simple future together.

 

And that you wouldn't give up on that person the way you gave up on me.

 

--

a/n: !!! It can be any couple. Use your imagination.:D

also i would love it if any of you do the same thing and share with me!!!! this is such a fun thing to do. like a speed writing challenge, do it the fastest you can. i did it in one evening. :D