nielrick: Denial

Drabble Collection

Nobody may believe it but Changhyun has feelings too.

 

He became acutely aware of them when Daniel was away filming Law of the Jungle, and Jonghyun would sometimes come up behind him when he’s sitting at his desk watching a movie on his computer.

 

“I miss Daniel,” Jonghyun would say, resting his head on Changhyun’s.

 

And those moments hit him hard.

 

Just as hard as right now, when Daniel is right in front of Changhyun, just back from the jungle, all tanned skin and tired smile. Chanhee asks him a lot of questions, Byunghun just smiles at him from afar, Minsoo does a lame welcome home dance and Jonghyun clings to him and wraps his arms around Daniel and doesn’t let go.

 

And Changhyun wonders what if it were him instead.

 

What he does is to keep his attention undivided on the wooden statue Daniel bought for him as a souvenir (it fits in his hand!), trying not to stare at the way Jonghyun has moved from the side to behind Daniel now and resting his chin on Daniel’s shoulder.

 

It’s the last thing they need to know really.

 

In Changhyun’s phone besides photos of his best friend Jonghyun and him in ridiculous poses, making ridiculous faces, there is an equally big collection of pictures of Daniel. There’s one where he’s eating ramen. They’re in a hurry running from one venue to another and did not have time to have a proper meal. There’s one when he’s sleeping sitting on a couch, neck bent forward, face hidden behind his baseball cap. His neck must have hurt. There’s one he took when they were in Japan filming the Angel M/V. Daniel was standing under the flurries. He’s looking up and smiling and light danced in his eyes.

 

Byunghun found those photos one day when he borrowed Changhyun’s phone to play games because he forgot his at the dorm. “This is funny, this is really adorable ok, and this, the snow is just too beautiful,” Changhyun explained.

 

“Liar,” Byunghun told him then, “anyone can see that the focus of this photo is not the snow.”

 

“You didn’t miss me at all you brat!” Daniel says with a laugh, ruffling Changhyun’s hair.

 

Nobody may believe it but Changhyun has feelings too.

 

 

--

 

a/n: see the thing is I don’t know whether I should tag this as changniel or nielrick X{.