Impressions

Pretty Baby

 I glanced up as the door opened. My hand stilled, the shot glass an inch from my lips. She looked about as out of place as a Sunday-school teacher at a bikers' convention, I laughed It was too much reading and then tossed back the shot of tequilla. More than a habit than interest, I scanned from head to toe as she squinted into the dim in interior of a Saturday night gay bar.. My eyes registered everything down to the tiniest detal, but her casual slacks, sensible flats and baby blue windbreaker only confirmed my first impressions..

 

I smiled, Omo typical ajumma.. Lightly loosen my gaze back into another shot.. It was my typical Saturday night.. Thick smoke hung over the pool tables and raw language was second only to that on the body gestures that either heterogenous or homogenous types of flowers blooms under unspeakable ual natures. It was all about

 

2am.. My so called break was almost over, geez 4hrs of sleep until my daytime job.. Selling drugs.. Isn't it successful at a latter? 

 

"Chaelin?" 

 

I almost drop from my seat..

 

"Ms Lee Chaelin?"

 

The voice was soft, childish and it reached through my ears, I took my time turning to her..

 

"No" 

 

From her first try, her guess was correct but I ignored it.. But the shade of black in her eyes were persistent but I didn't care enough to find out.. I showed disinterest and pinned her with a stare.. Okay, maybe tequillas since 11pm was haunting my body.. But I needed it to sleep.. 

 

I turned my full attention on the school teacher. She didn't looked away as I purposely glare into her. The slightly shifting of her weight indicated she wasn't quite as cool and calm as she let on, but she held her ground.

 

I smiled at the moment she moisten her lips.. I covered my mouth biting into them as well..  It couldn't hurt to indulge myself in cheap thrill of watching those wet lips move.. 

 

"You have to be her," she insisted "I could have sworn Bommie said-" She broke off as my stool slammed slightly with another..

 

"Bommie?" I didn't have to search my mind for the name.. I always forget people's names but I knew I never forget a girl who told me constantly that I'm cool despite of our ..

 

"Who are you?"

 

She didn't broke eye contact, smoothering her hand over dark chocolate brown hair that brushed her shoulders as she took steady breaths

 

"Aren't you Ms. Lee?"

 

"Why don't you tell me what you want" I said calmly "Then I'll decide"

 

"I have a preposition for Ms. Lee"

 

I laughed.. It was probably from too much bar smoke and too many tequillas

 

"Baby..you don't have anything I don't want"

 

It was her turn to smile.. Omo it was beautiful

 

"So, you are Ms. Lee"

 

"The answer s still no"

 

"You haven't even heard me out" She hurried into her explaination "Minzy my.. er...l, autism. Bommie told me you were the one who formulated Haru's medication.. I need your services and I'm willing to pay anything"

 

Anything

 

I smiled.. Amusing

 

Someone just kicked the antique jukebox and the sudden blare of music blended into the DJ table turners and muffed most of her words.. Except the last part .. She shouted so loud, I figured the whole bar heard it differently. 

 

Who woundn't want her? --comment

 

So that girl wanted her so bad, she was willing to pay for it? --comment

 

Omo.. So brave --comment

 

Unbidden images of those lips drifting over my body burned so hot and bright inside my head..

 

 "Ajumma, the only work I do for pay or play is done by my daytime job not here.. If you want to get serviced see Daesung at the bar. He'll line the straight boys up"

 

It must be some kind of a joke.. I no longer do involve myself with my previous work.. I dropped my gaze to the table and reached for the bottle of tequilla. Slender fingers closed tightly around my wrist, trapping it against the table. I couldn't move nor think just aware instinctively she robbed me of her attention.. It did notregister the fact that i felt soft to her fragile hands, a part of her fingers callused from an instrument and her grip was fairly strong.

I stared at her hand.. 

 

"Please" Her voice was low and close enough that I could feel the intensity of her request. How did she knew Minkki?

 

The need to yank her arm away was sudden and overwhelming.. Using considerable restraint that she's a girl , so i kept my arm still, hoping she would let go if I glared.. I shifted my gaze into hers.. They were black like shattering diamonds, a hundred of tiny shards of dark and light had been tossed up and fallen in mosiac pattern that hinted color, but no matter how deeply I searched, there were none..

 

"Even without cash baby I'll warn you, if you take me on and it won't be over until I say its over" 

 

"You can threaten me all you want. But your connection is my last hope and I will do everything for you to atleast hear me out."

 

"I told you I no longer compound methamphetamine" I said strongly opposing her.. 

 

"I don't need syabu,  I need hashoil or atleast a supply of cannabis"

 

"Wow, teachers do make research.. I'm your last hope you say as though other drugs can't possibly cure, you'll better say your prayers" I said leaning my mouth brushed against her ear..

 

She jerk back. Her diamond eyes looked more like hard chips of ice. "Call me baby again and you'll be saying yours" she shot back making me smile from her brave remark "My name is Sandara Park

 

I lifted her head on my face almost touching her lips "Do I make you nervous Park-ssi"

I watched her eyes widen staring rapidly dilating

 

"I am not her teacher, Minzy is my patient"

 

"I can't help you"

 

"You have to."

 

"Listen.. Bom-unnie can formulate it herself she's a chemist"

 

"But you grow cannabis in your research you can't possibly destroy all of your years work Lee Chaelin" 

 

"Call me Faith, or CL I already stained that name"

 

"As I said I'm willing to pay"  She stared at me .

 

What am I doing standing here? I need to walk away, I already had my family name in danger because of one despirate need or maybe my ego.. I have no desire to help her.. Take her to bedmaybe.. I'll find out if the body underneath the shapeless pants and jacket could possibly be as y as her eyes and that mouth.