A Prince with a Prince Pt. 4

A Prince with a Prince

That day, Sungmin had been very clingy to the EunHae couple. He's always bubbly and energetic that made the couple confused. They knew nothing about what happened to Sungmin the previous day. Only the KangTeuk knew.

At lunch, Sungmin was the first to go out of the classroom. He planned on going to the rooftop. He wanted to be alone. Though bewildered by their friend's behaviour, Hyuk and Hae just shrugged their shoulders and thought that maybe it's time of the month for their hyung.

 

 

That cycle went on for days. Sungmin will act sweet and lively when he's with the two or his friends but during break and end of the class, his attitude will turn 180°. It's Friday and his two loyal friends already felt worried that they seek for their Teukie-hyung at lunch and asked if he knew something about their Sungmin. And due to their persistence, Leeteuk had no choice but to tell them. "Sungmin saw Kyuhyun and Seohyun kissing at the gate last Monday. And he kind of broke down according to Kangin."

 

"What?! Kyuhyun kissed that girl?!" Donghae shouted asked his hyung.

"I thought he likes our Sungmin hyung. I'll kill that guy when I see him! How dare him?!" Exclaimed by a fuming mad monkey Hyukjae.

 

"Me too. Me too!" Donghae agreed.

 

"Easy kids. We do not know yet the side of that Kyuhyun guy." Leeteuk tried to calm the EunHae couple.

 

"No! Reason?! Reason my ! He hurt my Minnie hyung. I'll make sure he'll pay for that!"

 

"Go Hyukkie!" Hyukjae nods at him and tilted his chin that made Donghae's eyes to form into hearts.

 

(Huff) What am I gonna do with these kids. Kangin~~

 

 

 

 

Sungmin always went to the rooftop when he's out of sight. There he can find peace even for a short time. The strong wind seems to take his thoughts away, making him feel calm. Sometimes, he will laugh at his misery then ended up smiling bitterly. But he never cried. Last Monday night was his last. He didn't know why, just that. He cannot cry at all and he's somewhat happy with that. He doesn't want to be sad. Not at all.

However, his peaceful life was disturbed when the door burst open. It was the EunHae couple with Leeteuk trailing behind them. "Hey..."

 

"Hyung!!" Donghae ran to his hyung's side and hugged him, burrying his face on the Sungmin's shoulder in the process as he wailed.

 

"W-wh-what? Hey Hae, what's wrong?" He looked for help to his friends and saw that even Hyukjae looked sad.

 

"Hyung... sorry. We didn't knew."

 

"Didn't knew what?"

 

"About Kyuhyun..."

 

"Oh.." Sungmin smiled inwardly to the care the two were showing. He's happy, truly happy. Not only Kangin and Leeteuk understand him without explaning himself with words but also these two childish adults. "Thank you." And hugged Donghae back. "Thank you."

 

 

 

"Hyung, what do you want me to do with that bastard? Should I just leave him broken ribs or let him stay on the hospital for a while?"

 

"Woah~ hold your horse Hyukkie. Really I'm fine."

 

"But hyung, he cheated on you!"

 

"No one cheated on anyone, Hae."

 

"Of course he did. He said he likes you then he just flirted with that Seohyun girl out of a sudden."

 

"Hae, Kyuhyun can do anything what he wants. If he liked Seohyun and Seohyun like him back, then there's nothing I or we can do to stop what they have for now. And we all know that Kyuhyun is not really gay, right?"

 

"But he became one because of you."

 

"It's just a phase for a guy like him. One minute he will like guys, and then another he will be back on liking girls. It's just a phase."

 

"And you're okay with that? That you are just a phase in his life?"

 

"Of course I am. I am even proud because out of all guys out there, I could make a certain Cho Kyuhyun or a guy turn gay. Ain't I amazing?"

 

"Haha. Yeah right Hyung. Really awesome. Ne, Hyukkie?" Hyukjae just hummed in agreement.

 

"So what are you planning to do now?" Leeteuk had been eager to ask that to his dongsaeng ever since Tuesday.

 

"Oh just the same. Go to school, hang out with you, and then go home. There's nothing much of a big change anyway. Just some.... guy." Sungmin smiled the best smile he can.

 

 

 

It's true though. And truth hurts. He and Kyuhyun didn't have a relationship in the first place so there is no big deal at all. No moving on, no bitterness. They met at a crossing. Kyuhyun decided on following the path he has but then found a much better road to go on. He admit that he's sad because he had hopes on Kyuhyun but what they say that do not expect too much is true. That is the reason why he didn't entertained Kyuhyun's love for him. He is afraid that it will end badly, that if ever they did entered into a relationship, it will be a failure. And yes, it did fail. Even before it started, it already failed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That weekend, Sungmin to walk in their neighborhood. His feet brought him into the central park. He sat on the bench under a tree, near the forestry part of the town. And just like what he felt on their school's rooftop, he felt his worries to be taken away by the wind. But then..

 

 

Is that Seohyun?! Is she on a date? Date... date means she's with Kyuhyun. Panic went through the body of Sungmin. He may not give a care for the relationship of the two; he's still not ready to see them together. Once is enough. He may not take the hurt this time. Just the rumor is enough to make him feel gloomy, seeing them is another thing.

 

 

So he decided to go home and just rest. Another week went by and it is weekends again and he's on his usual weekend walk. And to the park again he found himself resting and like what happened last time, he also saw Seohyun waiting near the fountain, the same spot he saw her. And just like the last time, he left the place even before the guy arrives.

 

 

Sungmin have been seeing Kyuhyun alone. It's been a month and well he knew he is getting better. Friday lunch, he saw Kyuhyun and Seohyun on his way to the rooftop. Well, though he can't smile at the scene, at least he can endure it.

 

 

Sungmin went to the same park again, sat on his self-proclaimed seat and like a cycle, he saw Seohyun waiting for his date. But this time, he decided he will wait for Kyuhyun to arrive for he knew that his heart can already take the pain of seeing the two. But then....

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't saw Kyuhyun. It is not Kyuhyun that Seohyun is kissing right now but another guy. It is not Kyuhyun that Seohyun is clinging her arms on. It is not Kyuhyun for it is another guy. Seohyun is cheating on Kyuhyun with another guy.