Chapter 5

May the Best Man Wins

They arrived at the CNBLUE dorm a little after 7 in the evening. They dropped Seohyun first before going straight home. Everybody was exhausted but this didn’t stop Minhyuk from questioning Jungshin of what happened that morning. When both Jonghyun and Yonghwa went inside their rooms Minhyuk went to Jungshin’s room and talked to him.

 

 

 

“Hey I want to sleep why are you still here?” Jungshin asked

 

 

 

“Why did hyungsoonim went with us this morning? Is she and Jonghyun hyung an item?”

 

 

 

“What?! An item? Of course not. Yonghwa hyung won’t approve”

 

 

“But you were there this morning. Jonghyun hyung was the one who invited hyungsoonim to go with us and he was so attentive with her. Does he like hyungsoonim?”

 

 

 

 

“This is what I wanted to tell you the last time but you were busy with some girl group”

 

 

“I was not! They were the one who approached me first and talked to me. You’re just jealous because you like someone from that group.”

 

 

“Anyways, remember when we talked to the two of them last time? Jonghyun hyung told me something important. Apparently he likes Seohyun and he wanted to court him.”

 

 

“Omo! Does Yonghwa hyung know about this? This is not good. We have to stop him. We have to tell him to find other girls not hyungsoonim” Minhyuk was busy going back and forth while blabbering.

 

 

“Yah! I already asked hyung if he was sure of what he was doing and he said yes and he already asked Yonghwa hyung if it was okay with him and hyung said he was okay”

 

 

“This is bad! We all liked hyungsoonim but we never made a move about it. Jonghyun hyung is asking for trouble. Oh my!”

 

 

“Let’s see where this take the two of them. Wanna bet about it?”

 

 

“What bet? Yah Pabo! That’s our hyungs you are talking about. What will happen to our group if they get into a fight?”

 

 

“Never mind in time they will all realize who’s for who”

 

 

That night Minhyuk was troubled by the news. His Jonghyun hyung likes Seohyun, their hyungsoonim and the way he sees it Yonghwa hyung also likes her but why did he tell Jonghyun hyung it was alright for him to court Seohyun.

 

 

“Aish! This is a sick joke”

 

 

The days pass by and everyone was busy with their own schedules. Jonghyun still talks to Seohyun when he has time. For Chuseok Festival WGM had an overnight shoot outside of Seoul and Jungshin was the special MC for that episode.

 

 

Jonghyun got home and was rummaging their ref when Minhyuk arrived in the dorm.

 

 

“Hey hyung! Had dinner already?” Minhyuk asked

 

 

“Not yet. Let’s go grab some food. Where’s Yonghwa hyung and Jungshin?”

 

 

“They had an overnight shoot” “Really? For what show?”

 

 

“WGM. It’s a Chuseok Special episode for the couples and Jungshin will be the host”

 

 

“What?! They’re with Seohyun?!”

 

 

“Of course! She’s the partner of Yonghwa hyung so she should be there. What’s the matter?”

 

 

“Nothing I’m going to my room now. Good night.”

 

 

“I thought we’ll eat outside?”

 

 

“Lost my appetite, I’ll just go to sleep.”

 

 

Minhyuk was stunned with the sudden change of mood by Jonghyun but it only proved what Jungshin told him was true. Among the four of them Jonghyun hyung was always the playboy of the group. He likes pretty girls and also he is an ulzzang back in Busan just like their Yonghwa hyung but unlike Yonghwa, Jonghyun likes to flirt with girls he liked and also the girls whom he knew has some liking for him.

 

 

Next to Yonghwa’s popularity was Jonghyun and he likes to use it in getting girls he liked. He once dated a girl from 4Minute after going with Jungshin during their MV shooting but it was only for a month. He got bored and was out to find another conquest. Minhyuk knew the story behind Jonghyun and THAT girl, all 3 of them knew. The girl after all went to their dorm just to plead their hyung not to break up with her. They were sorry for the girl but they couldn’t do anything. Jonghyun already ended everything and once he made a decision he never backs away from it.

 

 

That’s why Minhyuk is some kinda worried with the news Jungshin told him last time. Knowing Jonghyun when he liked something he does everything just to get it. He loves his Jonghyun hyung but at times like this especially if it’s about Seohyun’s heart he really will get angry with Jonghyun if ever he breaks her heart.

 

 

Inside his room Jonghyun picks up his guitar and starts strumming angrily. After 10 minutes of non-stop playing hard he got exhausted and laid down his bed. He closed his eyes to sleep yet his mind is off somewhere. Seohyun and his Yonghwa hyung are together right now having an overnight shoot. He’s a little restless with this idea. He got up and went outside his room to find their hyung manager.

 

 

“Hyung can I borrow your phone?”

 

 

“Why who are you calling?”

 

 

“I’m calling Seohyun” Their manager hyung was a little confused but gave the phone anyway.

 

 

He called Seohyun but it just kept ringing for some time. He waited for another 10 minutes and tried to call her again when Minhyuk got out of his room to get some water.

 

 

“Oh hyung I thought your already asleep.”

 

 

“Yoboseyo” Jonghyun’s call was picked up that Minhyuk had no chance for a reply from him.

 

 

He went to get some water to drink when he accidentally spilled some when he heard who he was talking to on the phone.

 

 

“Seohyun~ah how are you? What are you doing right now?”

 

 

Minhyuk was shocked it was Seohyun he was talking to on the phone and as far as he knows she’s with Yonghwa hyung for a shoot right now. This is really happening, his Jonghyun hyung is really into Seohyun. He left for his room and did not waste time to hear their conversation. Minhyuk was a little awkward with the situation. He just hopes this won’t affect them as a group.

 

 

Jonghyun on the other hand just looked at Minhyuk when he passed going to his room. He continued talking to Seohyun. He needed to hear her voice just to give him the peace of mind.

 

 

“Sorry for calling you so late in the evening. Are you still shooting?”

 

 

“Deh, kenchana oppa we just had our dinner and an hour break before starting again.”

 

 

“Are you with Yonghwa hyung right now?”

 

 

“He’s here beside me eating with Jungshin chingu, want to talk to him?” Seohyun moved a little to look at Yonghwa who is now looking at him wondering who she is talking too. Jungshin on the other hand has an idea already whom Seohyun is talking to over the phone. He just shaked his head in astonishment.

 

 

Jonghyun is really serious in wooing Seohyun. Yonghwa was asking Seohyun who was she talking too when Seohyun turned around to continue her conversation.

 

 

“Ani, I just called to check if you’re fine. “

 

 

“Gumowo oppa. We just ate so I’m a little bit sleepy because I’m full.”

 

 

“Did you enjoy the shoot? What did you do?”

 

 

“We played different kinds of games. I made sandwiches for Yonghwa oppa nad myself but we also shared some of it to Jungshin chingu and the others here.”

 

 

“Really? As always uri Seohyun~ie is kind”

 

 

“Eii! I made a lot so why not share.Hihihi!”

 

 

“I’m not gonna hold you too long on the phone for you to also rest. Thank you for the time Seohyun~ah and don’t forget to have some rest for you not to get too tired. Send my regards to hyung and Jungshinnie”

 

 

“Deh, oppa. Annyeong”

 

 

“Hmm..” Jonghyun finally smiled.

 

 

He was able to talk to Seohyun and that made him happy. He knew he liked Seohyun but he felt something different tonight. Was he THAT smitten by her that he even thinks bad things when he knew she was with his Yonghwa hyung for an overnight shoot? He never felt this way before. He had several girlfriends already and all including Seohyun started from liking because she was beautiful or she had nice pair of legs and sometimes because she had a nice S-line. He had a long list of conquests yet with Seohyun it was a little different. Different in a sense that she was unreachable. She was with his Yonghwa hyung after all.

 

 

Although they were just a virtual couple it was a little off for him because they were forced to be together and have dates by the show. He was an underdog with this battle. He has no reason to see Seohyun if not for shows but for Yonghwa he has every right.

 

 

Seohyun was different in fairness to her. She was kind, beautiful and even has a nice S-line but also she was timid and shy and that’s what made her different from all his girlfriends. The over protective oppa in him wants to come out everytime Seohyun was concerned. He was appeased in going back to his room because he already heard her voice and he was able to talk to her even for just awhile.

 

 

On the other hand Yonghwa was curious who Seohyun was talking to over the phone. He left her and went to Jo Kwon to talk to him while she was busy with her phone call. His eyes caught a glimpse of Seohyun smiling sweetly while talking on the phone so he went up to her when he saw she already finished the conversation.

 

 

“Who was that?” irritation seen all over his place.

 

 

“Ah that. It was Jonghyun oppa.”

 

 

“Jonghyun as in Lee Jonghyun or Kim Jonghyun?”

 

 

“Lee Jonghyun your guitarist”

 

 

“What did he wanted from you?Is he calling you every night? What did you two talk about?”Yonghwa’s voice was raised a bit that attracted Jungshin and the others to look their way.

 

 

Seohyun was a little confused with Yonghwa’s attitude but she let it pass. She looked around and Yonghwa noticed everybody was looking at them already. He bowed his head asking for forgiveness and looked at Seohyun waiting for her answer.

 

 

“He just asked how I was doing. I told him I was with you shooting and Jungshin chingu is with us also. I only talk to him when he is calling me.”

 

 

“Do you call him or is he the one calling you?”

 

 

“He’s the one calling. Why is there something wrong when I’m talking to him?”

 

 

“No, just don’t be the one calling him”

 

 

“Okay.” Seohyun answered wondering what’s with Yonghwa.

 

 

They continued shooting until midnight and everyone was already tired and sleepy. Everybody was getting ready to sleep for they have to pack up early tomorrow and go back to the city. Seohyun was fixing her things when Yonghwa went up to her.

 

 

“Hey Hyun~ie got a minute?”

 

 

“Yeah, sure oppa. What is it?”

 

 

“I just wanted to say sorry for raising my voice on you earlier. I was just a little uneasy knowing Jonghyun was calling you.”

 

 

“It’s okay oppa I was just a little surprised but no offense taken. We were just having a friendly conversation you know. Jonghyun oppa is just being a good oppa.”

 

 

“Yes I know. I myself is surprised with what got into me earlier”

 

 

If only you knew Seohyun. Jonghyun is not just being a good oppa, he likes you and wants to court you, Yonghwa thought.

 

 

“You know oppa Jonghyun oppa calls me once in awhile, checking up on me. Asking me how did my day go and asking if I already ate. He even was the one I was talking to on that one month I was not able to contact you”

 

 

“So we’re back to that again. I said oppa was sorry didn’t I. Why can’t we just get pass through that” Yonghwa getting frustrated upon Seohyun’s confession.

 

 

“I know and your forgiven. All I’m asking is that don’t be upset with Jonghyun oppa calling me. There is no malice to that. It’s just an oppa calling a dongsaeng. I’m like his little sister.”

 

 

“Yeah right” Yonghwa whispered.

 

 

“Huh? What was that oppa?”

 

 

“Nothing. I just one to ask you one thing though if it’s possible”

 

 

“Sure! What is it?”

 

 

“Can you not talk to Jonghyun anymore?”

 

 

“Huh?! Why? Is it wrong?”

 

 

“No, I just don’t want you to.”

 

 

“But oppa he is your bandmate it’s a little awkward if I don’t talk to him.”

 

 

“You can talk to him but not over the phone. Talk to him when I’m with you but never when I’m not around.”

 

 

“Why?!”

 

 

“I don’t want you to. I’m your husband you should follow what I said.”

 

 

“I need a reason why it’s not okay oppa. For sure you have a reason.”

 

 

“I don’t know either Hyun. I just don’t want you to talk to him. I’m your husband and I’m telling you what you should not do. Is that enough reason?”

 

 

“I don’t know oppa but okay I will do what you want.”

 

 

“Thanks Hyun. You better take a rest now we will leave early tomorrow.”

 

 

“Good night oppa” Yonghwa went back to his place and Jungshin was waiting for him.

 

 

“You know hyung you really should be true to yourself.”Jungshin said

 

 

“Why? What are you talking about?”

 

 

“You know the real reason why you don’t want Seohyun talking with Jonghyun hyung”

 

 

“You heard?”

 

 

“I was looking for you and I thought you went to see Seohyun and I was right”

 

 

“And you listened to what we were talking about? That’s a little rude”

 

 

“Atleast I’m honest with you. Are you honest with yourself?” That left Yonghwa speechless. Jungshin didn’t wait for Yonghwa’s response and left him.