May the Best Man Wins

May the Best Man Wins

Yonghwa was in a café patiently waiting for Seohyun to finish her practice in SM when he received a kakao message from his dongsaeng.

“Hyung where are you?”

“Here in the café, waiting for Joohyuy”

“Really, can I go there I need your inputs in something I’m working on”

“Okay Joohyun’s not yet here might as well kill time with you”

Back then it would be awkward for this two guys to talk about her but now their past that stage coz hey the best man won after all.

*FlashBack*

Yonghwa just got home from his WGM shoot with Seohyun and his smile is still up to his ears. Who wouldn’t be that happy,  he just spent an entire day  with the “Nation’s Loved Maknae”. When he entered their dorm he found Jonghyun sitting on the couch and it seems like he’s waiting for him.

“Hey hyung just got in?”

“Yeah we had a long shoot”

“Oh how is Seohyun? Did her wound heal already?”

“Yes its as if she didn’t cut her finger last time she was here”

“That’s good. I hope she gets to visit us more often we really enjoyed her company”

Yonghwa didn’t like that tone in Jonghyun’s voice when he said that but he let it pass. Knowing Jonghyun he had a way with girls especially if he likes them. He knows Jonghyun likes Seohyun when he first met her. He even joked about it and it was shown in their episode. All his dongsaengs liked Seohyun but Jonghyun’s liking for Seohyun exuded t hat it can’t be missed by someone whose watching them. He let it pass knowing that Jonghyun won’t do anything out of respect for him. But he was in for a surprise one day.

He was busy composing something in his room when someone knocked on the door.

“Come in”

“Hyung can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure what’s up?”

“Hyung I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a long time but…”

“Ask about what?”

“Uhmm…”

“Spit it out. Come on. Is it about money? Are you borrowing money for me?”

“No its about a personal matter”

“Dude borrowing money is a personal matter.”

“More personal”

“Oh is it about girls? Are you liking someone new? Who is it this time?”

“ Uhmm…It’s kinda complicated”

“Lee Jonghyun will you just tell me straight to the point or I will kick your out”

“Hyung do you like Hyungsoonim?”

Yonghwa was caught off guard with that question that he didn’t answer for a minute or two.

“Hyung are you okay? I know it’s rude of me to ask coz your in the middle of your filming a show together but I need to know”

“Why?”

“I just want to know that’s all”

“Do you like Seohyun?”

“I asked you first didn’t I?”

Yonghwa was pissed with how Jonghyun answered but he didn’t let it get through him.

“I don’t know if I like her as in like but I’m fond of her. I like spending time with her and talking to her about anything. Why do you like Seohyun?”

Ever since they met at FNC Yonghwa already knew Jonghyun was smitten by Seohyun. He saw it in the way Jonghyun was smiling when he was introduced to her. After all Jonghyun likes pretty girls and no doubt Seohyun was his type.

“I’m sorry hyung but I think I’m starting to like her”

“What do you mean you’re starting to like her?”

“You know my type of girls and hyungsoonim is definitely one of them. She’s pretty, talented, kind and very respectful.

“So what does it have to do with me liking her?”

“I don’t want to step in your way if you like her hyung but if you don’t and if it’s okay with you I want to court her”

Yonghwa was confused he didn’t know what to say. He was silent for a moment contemplating and asking himself does he like Seohyun or does he only see her as a friend. Jonghyun sized up his hyung and waited for his outburst but he was shocked with his answer

“Go ahead and court her it’s fine with me. Just make sure it doesn’t affect our show together”

“Are you sure? Coz if you like her I’ll gladly not impose myself”

“Yes I’m sure. I only see her as a friend or a little sister. We’re only shooting for a show nothing personal.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask your permission in courting Seohyun for some time now. I don’t want to get in your way if you like her also”

“It’s okay really. Just take care of her and don’t make her cry okay?”

“Thanks hyung. I’m going back to my room now and let you go on with your composing”

That night Yonghwa couldn’t sleep. He kept thinking about his little talk with Jonghyun. He can’t believe how Jonghyun was brave enough even for someone who just debuted in risking his career courting an idol, not just an idol but an idol from the nation’s girl group.

Jonghyun on the other hand was all smiles. Finally he had the go signal in taking the first step in wooing Seohyun. He had doubts about his hyung not liking Seohyun that he had to ask him personally about it. After all he was their leader and he respected him too much to get in the way between him and her. He liked Seohyun on the first day he saw her in the lobby of MBC. He got giddy when they had to be introduced to her in FNC practice room when his hyung and her were shooting during that time that even his hyung caught it immediately. He kept looking at her, even amazed when she played the piano with them. She was so talented that Yonghwa even bragged about her skills in playing the guitar also even when he taught her not long ago. Seohyun was like an angel to him. All smiles, very respectful and she tries in mingling with them accommodating them and instantly being their friend. Chingu as what she calls Jungshin our maknae.

 Every week as he watched their episode together in WGM he kept wishing it was him instead of Yonghwa who gets to spend time with Seohyun and is married to her. Too bad it was his hyung who was offered to do it. He was clearly smitten by Seohyun that he dug up all her past videos and SNSD performances and kept watching it online. He even was caught one time by Jungshin that he threatened to tell Yonghwa about it. So before the news travelled to their hyung, knowing Jungshin who is a blabber mouth, he manned up and got the courage to ask his hyung if it’s okay to court Seohyun. Of course he put into mind his hyung’s feelings therefore asking first if Yonghwa liked Seohyun.

The next morning something was off. They had to go to FNC for practice but there was a distance between Yonghwa and Jonghyun. The whole day at practice they never talked to each other. Yonghwa was quiet. He only talked when it was needed especially when it came to Jonghyun. The maknaes noticed it but they kept eyeing each other of who would talk first to their hyungs. When they reached their dorm each hyung went directly to their rooms and left the maknaes questions of what happened between the two.

“Minhyuk~ah did they fight?”

“I don’t know we were together in the room last night.”

“Yonghwa hyung was distant the whole time during practice. He kept missing some notes and he barely spoke to Jonghyun hyung today”

“They were okay yesterday. Even joked around most of the times”

“Do you think they had a fight last night? Some misunderstanding we didn’t know?”

“There’s only one way to find out”

“Okay you talk to them”

“Why me?! You talk to them.”

“I’m the maknae I’m not allowed to talk to them about adult stuff. You’re the adult here you go talk to them”

“And why is that? We’re not talking about age here. You go talk to them.”

“Okay fine let’s just split up and talk to each of them.”

“I’m fine with that. I’ll go talk to Yonghwa hyung”

“Why do I get to talk to Jonghyun hyung?! He might kick me in the . I’m scared!”

“You pabo! You’re too tall but you’re a sacredly cat. He won’t do that. Just ask him what happened between him and Yonghwa hyung”

“Fine! I always get the hardest job here just because I’m the maknae. Aish!”

The maknaes split up and each walked into the rooms of their designated hyung assignment. Jungshin knocked in Jonghyun’s room checking if he’s still awake.

“Hyung are you awake?”

“Yeah come in”

Inside he found him watching fancams of SNSD performaces.

“Watching SNSD performance yet again hyung. Who is it this time Yoona noona or maybe Fany noona?

“Nope still the same”

“What? What’s the same?”

“I’m watching Seohyun perform.”

“Hyungsoonim? Why? Don’t tell me you like Hyungsoonim”

Lee Jonghyun din’t answer and he just smiled at his donsaeng.

“OH MY GOD?!”

The look in Jungshin’s face was priceless.

“YOU PABO! You really like Hyungsoonim!”

“Yeah, so?!”

“Wait till Yonghwa hyung knows this”

“He already knows”