Two Chances

CHANCE A TWO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.

~Mother Teresa

 

 

 

 

 

"She left."
 

 

Kwon Jiyong halted on his tracks as he listened more.
 

 

"Park Dara left."
 

 

Jiyong looked on the source of the news and found two girls whispering on each other. They were whispering but it was enough for him to hear. He then automatically looked at his good friend TOP. He gave TOP the questioning look without really asking him, as if his good friend already knows what he wants to hear.
 

 

TOP scratched the back of his head. TOP gave Jiyong a sheepish smile. "You didn't ask." he can only say.
 

 

Jiyong quickly glared at him. "And what made you think that is what I'm about to ask?"
 

 

TOP almost rolled his eyes at this as the rest of their friends laughs.
 

 

Seungri broke the ice. "Hyung, if you are wondering why Park has not been crossing your path these past days that is because--"
 

 

"I'm not interested." Jiyong started to walk, pissed off.
 

 

"she left the town together with her mom." Seungri continued.
 

 

Jiyong stopped there.
 

 

Daesung laughed. "I heard it's permanent. Finally, you can have a peaceful school life, Jiyong." he teased.
 

 

Youngbae went to think. "Financial issues too." he blurted out of nowhere.
 

 

Jiyong's friends stopped talking when Dara's friends led by Park Bom is now coming their way. The girls are surely angry. Even at a distance, they already felt their intense glares especially from Bom.
 

 

Jiyong just cocked his eyebrow when Park Bom stopped in front of him. If looks can kill, he is surely dead now. "What?" Jiyong asked her, coldly.
 

 

Bom raised her hand about to slap him when TOP is quick to catch Bom's wrist but her glare remained on Jiyong. 
 

 

"You bull." Bom started.
 

 

TOP whistled at the foul words. "Careful, Miss Bom. Midterms are over but it doesn't mean you can just attack us head front like this after. It can affect your exam results. I'm concern." he said, scowling.
 

 

Bom glared at TOP this time.
 

 

"Let her speak." Jiyong ordered. 
 

 

TOP quickly abide then released her wrist after. 
 

 

Jiyong then looked at Bom. "Now, what?"
 

 

Bom's anger came back again. She prevented herself to pound him this time, though. Shouting at him is enough. "How dare you, you rascal! Because of you...you!" she pointed Jiyong on the chest. "Dara can no longer study here! You bull!"
 

 

Jiyong tried to mask his expression. "You are wasting my time." he just said as he started to walk. 
 

 

Jiyong is about to walk past the rest of Dara's friends when one of her friend, Chaerin, held him on the arm.
 

 

Chaerin's expression is serious. She then said, "Dara didn't get her job in a CF. Her salary is supposed to be for her midterms."
 

 

Minzy cried on her hands too. "You cut her hair, that's why!"
 

 

Jiyong stopped at this, went to think, then, "I don't care." he coldly said after. He then wriggled his arm off from Chaerin then completely left them after. His friends followed.
 

 

"I'm sorry." Youngbae told the girls before following his friends.

 

 

--
 

 

"Was it true then?"
 

 

All his friends looked at Jiyong when he asked that question. They were hanging out at Teddy's billiard poolhall. 
 

 

Ever since they arrived in the place, Jiyong has been on non-stop playing pool. Distracting himself from the guilt that starts to consumes him inside, when in the first place, he should not be feeling guilty at all.
 

 

His friends respected his silence and just entertained themselves playing too, but, after two hours of straight playing, Jiyong could not help himself but ask them finally. They have been his eyes and ears in the school, after all. And they know that for him, Dara Park has been the most important to watch for in the school. She is his enemy, afterall.
 

 

But if it is true that the result of him cutting her hair is the reason why she left the town then he has a reason to be guilty. But being guilty is a strong word. It is close to sympathy. And that must not transpire between him and Park.

 

And that's what confuses him.
 

 

The hurt look Dara gave to him was the reason of his sleepless nights the past days. And now? He is also the reason why she finally left the town. He should be happy then. He can now stop planning on pestering and making her life hell when they meet.
 

 

But the kind of look Dara last gave to him lingered to him the most. He never expected to see it. That woman has been always like an angry lion ready to devour him whole. He never expected her to look so vulnerable and weak that time. It stirs something inside him.
 

 

'Shut the up, Jiyong.' his mind w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter