Third Chance

CHANCE A TWO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river.

~Malagasy Proverb

 

 

 

 

"What  do you think?" Sandara asked her daughter again while they arranges some things in their new small house.

 

 

Dara sighed as she folded her clothes. "You have been asking that same question ever since we moved in, omma. I already told you, it's fine."
 

 

Sandara scanned her eyes around the small house. It's in the countryside so it is expected to be small, besides, this is Lee Donghae's house too. He made this built before they get married but unable to finish it when they decided to live in the mainland for Dara's education. And now they are back again in the countryside and Dara will soon study in the public school again.
 

 

Sandara smiled sadly. She dreamed about Dara graduating highschool in a private school but it's not going to happen anymore. The tuition fees especially on graduating student like Dara is too expensive for the monthly insurance they got from Lee Donghae's death almost three years ago.
 

 

Sandara couldn't work for straight hours too. She has a weak body and low endurance and stamina. Even when her husband is still alive, Donghae won't allow her to do strenuos works, let alone allow her to have a normal job. He insisted on her being a full time housewife and mother to Dara. She obeyed him that time. Though, her husband still let her received some small gardening jobs too. It was fine for compensation to her. Gardening job might not be an expensive job but it somewhat still help her and her family before. But eversince Donghae died, gardening job is not enough anymore. Dara is growing so is the expenses.
 

 

Dara even seeks multiple part-time jobs during school breaks too and Sandara just let her daughter as long as it's not late for her to go home. Dara wanted to graduate that's why she's working hard but...right now, even Dara gave up already.
 

 

Sandara looked worriedly at Dara. She especially looked concern at her now short hairdo. It only means she didn't get her dream job at modelling. Even if she didn't tell it to her directly, Sandara can tell that was really the big factor why she insisted on moving out and let her study in a public school instead than finish her studies in her expensive school since Middle School. Dara was so headstrong and determined that time that Sandara cannot argue her daughter with that.
 

 

Though, they didn't really abandon their house in the mainland but just close it. Someday, Dara might want to live there again too, she thought.
 

 

Dara stood up. "I'll just go to the market, omma." she said while getting the vegetable basket.
 

 

Sandara grabbed for her wallet but Dara hold her up.
 

 

"I have money, omma." Dara smiled at her.
 

 

Sandara nodded, smiling as well. "Be careful. You are not yet familiar with the place."
 

 

Dara laughed a little at this. "Mom, Dad used to bring me here when I was still a kid so I'm quite familiar with the place already." she smiled again. "And I need to unwind too."
 

 

Sandara smiled at her daughter as she held her hand. "I'm sorry, Dara-ah, if I can't give you a better future after your father died. I'm sorry if I failed you."
 

 

Dara hugged her mother at this. "Mom, you don't have to apologize. I promise to give you a better future after I finish my studies." she then held her mother's shoulders to look at her. "As long as you won't have a communication with that bastard again, I'm fine with the way we live."
 

 

Bastard, she means G-dragon. She can include Kwon Jiyong there too. That guy is also a bastard.
 

 

Sandara frowned a little at this. "Why is G-dragon inserted in this conversation?" she wondered.
 

 

Dara frowned too. "Don't mention that name openly to me, omma." she gritted. "And don't pretend that you don't know that that man wants you back. Never allow it, omma. Promise me." she told her, defiantly.
 

 

Sandara smiled bitterly at this. "Don't worry." she just said.
 

 

Dara still looked suspiciously at her mother. Then she said, "I'll go now."
 

 

"Be careful."
 

 

Dara nodded as she now left their house.
 

 

Sandara can only sigh. "GD." she mumbled the name, longingly.
 




 

 

Dara was busy choosing vegetables then putting them in her basket after paying the vendor when she noticed something on the middle of the marketplace.
 

 

There was a commotion.
 

 

Like everyone who sees it, Dara get curioused. She tried to peek on whatever it is that made the crowd gathered like this.
 

 

"You, bastard!"
 

 

"I will kill you!!"
 

 

Oh, it was a fight. She have no time for this. She's about to leave the site when she heard a familiar name...and voice.
 

 

"You, , I'm just asking where Sandara Park lives! You moron!" then kicking sounds after.
 

 

Dara widened her eyes at this as she quickly looked back at the middle of the commotion. The voice is too familiar. She made herself way in between the bystanders until she got a good view of who were fighting in the end.
 

 

Dara sweatdropped at this immediately. Her hands were sweating too. 'What is he doing here?' then after the initial surprise, her blood boils immediately after.
 

 

"Even after here, this bastard will still follow me." Dara said on herself as she glared on Kwon Jiyong currently beating two local guys in the middle of the marketplace.
 

 

She looked around just to shook her head upon looking at the bystanders only watching the brawl with entertainment in their eyes. They never even try to stop the fight. To think that a new downtown boy from the city has been beating their own kind.
 

 

She knew Jiyong can fight and all and it only made him so cocky even more. That brute is an egotistical to start with.
 

 

Dara just shook her head as she has more reason to leave the place now. She needed to leave before Jiyong can spot her.
 

 

"Park!"
 

 

Dara closed her eyes at this. It is too late. Before Jiyong can go to her, Dara already fled away from the scene. Jiyong must not follow her all the way in her home just to ruin her simple life in the countryside after. 
 

 

"Park!"
 

 

Jiyong now follows her and that's enough for Dara to run as fast as she can away from him. But Jiyong is a faster runner too. He will catch her sooner or later.
 

 

"PARK!"
 

 

He called again and he sounded angry now. Huh!
 

 

Dara quickened her pace more as her blood boils everytime she remembers how Jiyong heartlessly cut her hair that shattered her dream. That was really the boiling point from her as she quickly decided to just keep her distance away from the Kwons before she can really murder anyone from them. Just thinking it again tempted her to face Kwon Jiyong and strangle him on the neck.
 

 

Her sudden decision was for her mother too. Not only for financial reasons but Dara is also aware that Jiyong's father wants to rekindle some old romance with her mother again. Who are they kidding here? G-dragon has been very visible and vocal around lately on winning her mother back. And Dara has to stop that. No matter what it cost. 'Even over my dead body.'
 

 

Now. His son also wants to pester her life once again.
 

 

Dara ran her way hurriedly towards the woods to let Kwon Jiyong lost her there then maybe lost himself in the woods after.
 

 

Then after an enough distance, Dara quickly hid her self behind the big oak tree. She's huffing and catching her breaths first before going still to listen more for Kwon Jiyong's footsteps, checking if he succeed on following her.
 

 

'I can't hear him.' She thought after moments of only silence. Maybe she lost him already. Dara sighed in relief at this as she gripped her basket tightly against her chest.
 

 

She tried to calm her heart too as she listened more for more sounds. Aside from the hushing of the wind, rustling of the leaves, and the soft songs of the birds, she can't hear anything anymore.
 

 

"Is he gone?" Dara asked herself. Dara looked up at the tall trees and the sunlight barely slip in between the thick leaves there. She frowned.

 

 

The clouds are getting dark too. "I have to go home already." she said as she's about to step out from her hiding place when...
 

 

BANG!
 

 

The sound of a gun rattles the woods. Dara gasped inwardly as she planted herself more against the tree. The birds flew wildly all over the trees as Dara can hear different disturbed animals screeching in the woods. 
 

 

There are people currently hunting in the woods! 
 

 

Dara began to panic as she looked for another way to escape in an alternative path. She cannot just stay here all night. Countryside woods is more dangerous at such an hour and especially at night time too for predators tend to come more at this time. 
 

 

And also, what if those guys hunting are as animalistic as what the rumors tells in this rural place too? And she's a woman! Defenseless at that!


Dara breathed slowly. She's doing the pursed lip breathing now as she try to calm her nerves. Her mom is surely worried now. What have she gotten her self into?
 

 

Dara bit her lips. "Think, Dara." she was thinking hard and is really nervous for what she've gotten into when a hand, out of nowhere, suddenly clasped . Dara gasped loudly at this. "Uh--urmph...!" she is terrified. 'Oh, God...!'
 

 

"Dara. Shhh...don't move."
 

 

It's Jiyong. Dara, still with a widened look, looked at Kwon Jiyong now. He is currently pinning both of their bodies against the tree too. How quick he did that, she doesn't know.
 

 

Visible sweats can be seen on his temple too as he peeked behind the tree. His hand pushed more against , making sure not to let her scream. But he doesn't have to do that as Dara cooperated with him immediately as she continued to went still and not moving. Whatever it was, both of them can tell it was danger out there already the moment they heard the gun.

 

 

Loud footsteps and voices can be heard after too. Dara closed her eyes tightly at this as she prayed silently for their safety. Jiyong just went still too as his body and senses are more alert now than ever.
 

 

"We lost him! That !"
 

 

"That urban boy! I will kill him once I see him again! Tch!"


 

"ing !"

 

 

They were no hunters. They were thugs. 
 

 

The ones whom Jiyong crossed on the market. But more companies this time.
 

 

Jiyong knew he's been followed behind by other guys aside from the other two he beaten up already. So, imagine how pissed off he was when he saw this foolish girl ran straight into the woods. Not even thinking the danger she has gotten to. 
 

 

Though, Jiyong cannot really blame her fully. Dara only thought he was following her, and it was enough for her to ran from him. Well, initially though, he followed after her, but, when numbers of no-good looking guys were running after him too, it was too late for him not to ran after Dara. He had no choice but to ran into the woods too. Hoping that he will get Dara first before those guys can have her. Lord knows, what will they do to her once they found her. They will automatically think Dara's acquiantance with him. He can sense carnals out from those guys. 

 

 

'Damn.' Jiyong cursed in his mind as he pinned his body more against Dara. The footsteps are getting nearer too.
 

 

"It's getting dark, hyung. We won't find him anymore."
 

 

"ing ! That guy will really get it to me!"
 

 

"It's Taec and Himchan's fault why they embarassed our gang!"
 

 

"They can't even get that townboy's money!"
 

 

"!"
 

 

"SHUT UP!"
 

 

The voices went silent for a while.
 

 

"Let's go. We are just wasting my bullets here." then one more fire of the gun before the footsteps are getting far. The thugs left the place already.
 

 

Jiyong released his hand from Dara as she sighed loudly in relief after. That was scary, she thought she will be facing her death there. She was still shaking as she now bent down to pick her stuff.
 

 

Jiyong only watched the now squatting on the grass Dara. The vegetables spilled out from her basket as she started to pick them one by one too, still with shaking hands.
 

 

Jiyong sighed at this as he bent down to help her picking the vegetables.
 

 

Dara stopped at this. She's not used seeing Jiyong being silent and helping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter