Chapter 5.

That XX. (그 XX)

 

Taeyeon groaned when she felt something hitting her chin. She squinted her eyes and smiled when she saw Tiffany snuggling against her. She tried remembering the event last night and groaned again.

“I hugged her tight last night... not even caring if the others can see them. Aish. She must’ve found it weird.” She thought. “And the girl I met.. what’s her name again.”

She furrowed her eyebrows at the thought but dismissed it soon after she heard the alarm clock. She slowly got up while gently removing herself from the girl. She went inside the shower after covering the girl with blanket.

She readied her uniform for work and went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for herself and Tiffany. She almost drops the spatula she was holding when she felt arms sneaking around her waist. She turned and frowned at the girl who was smiling widely at her.

“Yah! Don’t sneak in like that!” She scolded the girl.

“Mianhae Taetae.” Tiffany answered cutely.  “Mm. That smells delicious! What’s that?”

Taeyeon felt a pang of disappointment when Tiffany removed her arms around her. “Bacon & Egg.”

“Ooh. Nice nice.”

“That’s Master Chef Taetae for you.” She winked playfully at Tiffany who only rolled her eyes.

“Whatever.”

Tiffany noticed the tank top and shorts and raised her eyebrows.

“You’re not going to work?”

“Going.” Taeyeon answered as she served the breakfast. “My uniform is in the bedroom.”

“Oh.”

Taeyeon saw the downcast look and sighed. “Do you want me to stay?” She asked.

“W-what?” Tiffany dropped the spoon and smiled at Taeyeon. “No, you should go to work. You need money for your future boyfriend and kids.. you know.. for their future.. and stuffs...”

Taeyeon stared at the awkward smile and shook her head before smiling at the girl. She went to the balcony for awhile to make a call. She returned soon at the dining table and joined the eating girl.

“So..” Taeyeon started. “What are your plans for today?”

“I guess I’ll just go home and hibernate.”

“That’s boring. Oh right, you’re boring.” Taeyeon snickered at the glaring girl. “Wanna go to the amusement park?”

“Alone? No way. I’m sure the rest have jobs today. I should probably get a job.” Tiffany muttered the last part.

“Who said you’re going alone?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon questioningly. “I’m coming with you.”

“What?” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at the grinning girl. “You got work, idiot.”

“I called in absent today.” Taeyeon answered proudly.

“Eh? Why would you do that?” Tiffany asked softly. “I told you I’ll be fine today.”

“Priorities.” Taeyeon smiled at the blushing girl. “Now, after you finish eating, go take a bath you dirty dirty ppani. Then we’ll go.”

“I’m not dirty!”

“Sure.” Taeyeon snickered.

Tiffany smiled despite of the weird feeling she gets inside and the way her heart beats faster than its normal pace. Thank you, Taeyeon.

--

 

They spent the half of the day riding rides and playing games. They were about to enter a horror house when Tiffany retorted saying she was hungry. Taeyeon snickered knowing exactly why Tiffany is making an excuse.

“Scared?” She smirked.

“Whatever. I told you I’m just hungry.”

“Then how ‘bout we go eat first, and then we’ll go inside?” Taeyeon said while following Tiffany into one of the fast food chains. “Oh wait.. You’re scared!” Taeyeon laughed loudly.

“Ugh.. Fine! We’ll go after we eat!” Tiffany stomped her way leaving the laughing girl behind.

“Hahaha- Y-yah! Wait for me!”

Taeyeon quickly went beside Tiffany and was about to speak when she heard someone yelling her name. She looked around but so no one. She looked at Tiffany who was also looking for the owner of the voice.

“Taeyeon-ah!”

She looked around again and finally saw the owner of the voice waving at her. “Oh.” The person grinned when they finally locked eyes and stood up to go to their direction.

“Taeyeon-ah! Hi!”

The person hugged her tightly making Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at the two. Taeyeon saw the look and broke the hug awkwardly.

She cleared . “Tiffany this is my old school friend. The one I was talking about.” Tiffany looked at her confusingly. “The one I met on my way to your house the other night?”

“Ah! Your old cru-“

“Yes yes.” Taeyeon quickly stopped her from continuing. She sent signals to Tiffany through her eyes asking her to keep quiet about that part. “And Baekhyun, this is Tiffany. My best friend..”

“Nice to meet you.” Tiffany bowed at the boy.

“Nice to meet you too.”

Baekhyun bowed at girl before looking at Taeyeon. He grinned. “Sorry I couldn’t call you after getting your number! My phone was robbed exactly that night! I bet you were contacting me but couldn’t reach me. I apologize for that.” He said confidently.

“Err... Actually I wasn’t ca-“

“Oh, wait a minute.” Baekhyun looked back at the table where he came from. “I think my friends are going to leave now. Wait for me okay? I’ll just tell them I’m gonna stay behind.”

“Stay... behind?”

Baekhyun was gone even before she can complete her sentence. She looked lost for a moment but Baekhyun quickly came back.

“Let’s have a sit.”

“Huh?”

“You’re going to eat right?”

“Well... yeah.”

“So let’s sit so you can eat and we can go on rides together!” The boy said excitedly.

“Together?” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows at the boy. “You’re going to join us?”

“Yeah. It’s about time to catch up!” Baekhyun suddenly remembered something. He faced the quiet girl behind him. “If that’s fine with you Tiffany-ssi, that is.”

“O-of course.” Tiffany forced a smile. “And call me Tiffany. Drop the formalities.”

“Okay then, Tiffany. Call me Baekhyun too.” He smiled before looking at Taeyeon again. “Let’s sit now!”

Taeyeon and Tiffany can’t do anything but follow his order since they didn’t want to be impolite.