Chapter 4.

That XX. (그 XX)


Tiffany stirred and was greeted by a TV when she opened her eyes. She looked around and saw Taeyeon’s living room. The blanket that was wrapped around her made her smile. She tried to think on what is she doing here and remembered what happened this morning. The memory made her eyes teary again..

Taeyeon rushed to the living room when she heard a whimper.

“Hey hey hey.” She went beside a girl. “C’mon. I thought we’re done with the crying? Stop now okay?” She wiped the girl’s tears away.

“You look uglier when crying.” She received a slap. “Just kidding.” She snickered.

Tiffany stopped crying and glared cutely at her while pouting. That sight made Taeyeon weak. She just wants to kiss the girl but refrained herself, instead, she hugged the girl. “You’re beautiful.” She whispered.

She broke away from the hug and saw the blush on the girl’s face. She smiled and was about to say something but a grumbling sound beats her.

“Someone’s hungry.” Taeyeon grinned and stood up. “C’mon. I cooked dinner. Let’s get that stomach full.”

“Dinner? What time is it?”

“It’s already 7, silly. You slept the whole day.”

“Oh.”

“Let’s go.”

Taeyeon holds Tiffany’s hand and lead her to the dining area.

“Sit!”

Tiffany glared cutely at Taeyeon with her swollen eyes. Taeyeon laughed at the sight whilst Tiffany slapped her in the arms.

“Good dog.”

Taeyeon patted Tiffany’s head whilst Tiffany only rolled her eyes.

“I now present you,” Taeyeon faked a drum roll sound “A-me-ri-kaen beu-raek-paes-teu!”

Tiffany laughed. “It’s American Breakfast you idiot. And it’s evening. Why breakfast?”

“Well, it’s the only American food I know how to cook and since I know how much you like American food, I cooked this for you. I tried cooking other American food y’know, but it failed so yeah.” Taeyeon smiled unsurely. “But if you don’t feel like eating this, we can just eat it tomorrow and order take outs tonight.”

“Nah, I’ll eat this.” Tiffany smiled widely at Taeyeon. “Thank you Taetae!”

Tiffany smiled with her eyes that made Taeyeon’s heart beat fast again. Her eyesmile never failed to give Taeyeon a flutter in her heart.

Taeyeon smiled widely at Tiffany and sat in front of her.

“So what’s your plan for the night?”

“Huh?”

“You slept the whole day, I’m pretty sure you won’t be sleeping anytime soon.”

“Oh right.” Tiffany began to think. “I don’t have an idea.” She pouts.

“How ‘bout clubbing? Yuri texted me a while ago. She and the rest will go to this new club. Apparently, Hyoyeon knows the son of the owner of this club so free drinks for tonight.” Taeyeon whistled dorkily. “And also, this club is kinda strict with clothing and things, so I’m guessing that the club is for people who are mid-class or higher.” She added.

“Sounds fun.” Tiffany nod. “But how ‘bout you? Won’t you get sleepy since you’re awake the whole day?”

“Nah, alcohol will keep me awake.” Taeyeon answered.

“Taetae..”

“Don’t worry, I know my alcohol tolerance is bad so I’ll control.” Taeyeon reasoned. “And also, if ever I lost it, I know you’ll take care of me.” Taeyeon grinned.

A sigh. “You better.” Tiffany threatened.

“Yes mam!” Taeyeon salutes and Tiffany only shook her head.

“Oh.” Taeyeon felt her phone vibrated. She took it out from her pocket and laughed. “Speaking about the dark devil.”

“Hey.”

“Hey Taeng! So are you up for tonight?”

“Yeah. I’ll bring Ppani with me by the way. We’re just eating dinner then we’ll go.”

“Cool! I thought you’re gonna get over-protective mode again with tiffany and won’t let her to go.” A snicker.

“Well, I need to.” Tiffany looked up from her food when she heard and somber tone whilst Taeyeon only shaked her head at the girl.

“What’s up with the tone? Did something happen again? Loosen up tonight!”

“Yeah.”

“Just call me later okay? We’re ready anyway, we’re just waiting for the Ice Princess.” Yuri sighed. “Seriously, she’s slow.”

“What’s new.” Taeyeon snickered. “We’ll meet you there. Bye.”

“Oh I think she’s here. I heard a car outside. See you Taeng.”

“Okay. Take care.”

“You too.”

Taeyeon ended the call and turned to girl in front of her who’s looking curiously at her.

“They’re on their way. We’ll meet them there.”

“Araso~ I’m done. I’ll get dressed already.”

Taeyeon nod and Tiffany went to Taeyeon’s room. Luckily, Tiffany kept some clothes in Taeyeon’s house, and same goes for Taeyeon in Tiffany’s house. They decided to do that because when one hangout onto the other’s house, there are cases when they feel lazy to go home to get change.

Taeyeon cleaned up the mess and also change into her own dress. After putting light make-ups, they headed to the club.

--

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany searched for their friend inside the crowdy club and saw a girl waving at them. Taeyeon squinted her eyes and saw Sooyoung- her tall friend, gesturing them to come. She pulled Tiffany closely to her as they went to her friend’s table.

 

“Taeng! You made it! Hi Fany!” Sooyoung greeted the two.

“Yeah. Kinda hard finding this club since it’s new and it’s not in my GPS yet.” Taeyeon answered as she and Tiffany sat on the couch.

“Well, this is new.” Another friend answered. “Good to see you again Fany-ah. It was hard to see you these past few weeks.”

“Yeah.” Tiffany hugged the girl beside her. “Sorry Sunny, and also to all of you.” She looked around the table. “Khunnie was keeping me out.” Tiffany smiled sadly at the mention of her ex-boyfriend.

All of them noticed the somber mood of Tiffany with the mention of the man but decided not to pry.

“Well, tonight we’re gonna have fun!” Yuri yelled. “Cheers!”

They all raised the glasses, while Taeyeon and Tiffany raised the can of beer that was given to them.

“Hey hey hey!” Hyoyeon came into their table and all of them shouted. “By the way guys, this is the son of the owner of this club, my dear friend, Eunhyuk.”

Eunkhyuk shook everyone’s hand after introducing their selves one by one.

“Well, enjoy girls.” He smiled at them. “We’re just gonna dance.” All the girls nodded.

“Let’s go guys, let’s dance!” Yuri asked as she made her way into the dancing crowd. Not soon after, the rest followed leaving 3 girls sitting there.

“Why aren’t you dancing?” Taeyeon asked the girl beside her.

“Still not in the mood. I’m waiting for the alcohol to have an effect on me.” Jessica answered uninterestingly while staring into a space.

“Err, okay.” Taeyeon turned at the girl on the other side of her. “Ppani-ah, don’t you wanna dance?”

“Hm?”

 

The girl who was smiling while watching her friend’s dance crazily turned to Taeyeon. Taeyeon got startled at the distance of their spaces. Fortunately, it was too dark so her red face won’t be shown.

“I s-said.” She coughed. “Don’t you wanna join them?” Taeyeon pointed at their crazy friends who were dancing crazily. She backed off a little bit since she don’t know if she can think clearly with that kind of distance.

“Maybe I should.” Tiffany stood up and smiled. “Let’s go.”

“I’ll join you guys later.” Tiffany pouted whereas Taeyeon smiled. “Promise, later.”

“You promised.” She squinted her eyes at Taeyeon before looking at the girl beside Taeyeon. “Jessi?”

“Later.”

“Okay!” Tiffany went to her friends and danced crazily.

Taeyeon smiled at the sight.

“Whipped.” She heard the girl beside her said.

“Excuse me?” She turned to Jessica. “What did you said?” She frowned.

“Whipped.” Jessica looked at her. “You love her, don’t you?”

“W-what?” She stared at her with wide eyes. “W-what are y-you talking about..” She looked away and drank on her beer.

“You love her.” Jessica repeated while staring intensely at her.

“O-ofcourse.” She looked anywhere except Jessica. “She’s my bestfriend.”

“You know I don’t mean it that way.”

“Then what?! In a romantic way?” Taeyeon shook her head. “You’re crazy.”

“You can fool anyone here Taeng, but definitely not me.” Taeyeon ignored her. “Look, I may be the slowest out of all of us. I may be zoning out a lot, but trust me, I know what it means when you look at her.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and saw Jessica smiling slightly.

“And how’d you know?”

“I just know.” Jessica’s smile turned into a sad smile as she looks at the dancing crowd before turning to Taeyeon again.

"Who else know?" Taeyeon asked after a moment of silence.

“Only me and Yuri.” Jessica answered. "Yuri noticed too."

"Oh."

"Don't worry Taengoo." She pats Taeyeon's legs before standing up. "Your secret is safe with us." Jessica said as she drank her alcohol before she made her way into the dancing crowd.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and frowned. She drank from her can only to realize it was empty. She looked at the bucket and saw that it was also empty. She was about to call a waiter but decided to just get a vodka since the beer wasn’t making any effect on her.

She made her way to the bartender and asked the bartender for a shot of vodka. She was observing the crowd while waiting for her drink when a girl sat next to her. She ignored her thinking that she was just also going to order but much to her surprise, the girl talked to her.

“Hey.” The girl smiled.

“Err, hi?” Taeyeon smiled awkwardly. “Do I know you?”

The girl laughed. “This is a club darling, people talks ro strangers.” The girl smiled. “I’m Jaerin.” The girl named Jaerin took out her hand.

“Oh.” Taeyeon shook their hands together. “Taeyeon.” She grinned.

“Is this your first time?” Jaerin asked.

“No.” Jaerin looked at her, not believing. “I know that stranger meets here, but it’s only boys who tried talking to me so when you talked to me, I thought that you know me or something since you’re a girl.” She explained.

“Oh.”

The bartender came with Taeyeon’s drink and Taeyeon thanked the bartender and asked him for another vodka for the lady beside her.

“Thanks.” Jaerin said whilst Taeyeon smiled in return.

“Are you alone?” Jaerin asked.

“Nah, I’m with my friends.” She pointed at the group of girls dancing.

“Ah. Why aren’t you dancing with them?”

“Later.” She smiled. “Waiting for the alcohol to get into me.”

“Ah.” The bartender came and gave Jaerin the drink. Jaerin thanked the bartender in return before facing Taeyeon. “Cheers?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Cheers.”

They both drank the vodka in one shot.

“You’re beautiful.” Taeyeon said.

“Thanks. You’re not bad yourself.”

“Not as good as you.” She smirked.

“Bartender!” She called the bartender. “Get us another shot please. Thanks.” She smiled at the bartender.

“Easy there darling.” Jaerin looked at Taeyeon. “I don’t think you can handle alcohol. I can say you’re buzzed already.”

“Psh.” Taeyeon laughed. “I am not.”

“Yeah right.” Jaerin rolled her eyes.

Their shot glass came and they drank it again within one shot.

“You like girls, don’t you?” Jaerin asked.

“Wh-what?” Taeyeon looked at her and laughed. “N-no.”

 

Taeyeon is still sober even though she can feel that she’s becoming tipsy. She’s not proud of her gender so she tried to deny it. Besides, she only like one girl only, Tiffany.

That reminds her of Tiffany. She looked at her friends and saw that Tiffany isn’t there. She squinted her eyes to make sure.

 

“Yes you do. I saw you checking girls out.” Jaerin said.

“She’s not gay.”

Taeyeon and Jaerin looked at owner of the voice and saw a girl frowning at them.

“Ppani-ah.” Taeyeon stood up but immediately sat down when she felt dizzy.

“Taeyeon.” Jaerin immediately hold the girl to make her steady in her place. “Are you okay?”

Tiffany was about to help Taeyeon too but Jaerin beats her to it. She frowned at the gesture and made a mental gesture to ask Taeyeon about this girl.

She walked beside Taeyeon and looked at her worriedly.

“What did she drink?” She asked the other girl.

“2 shots of vodka.” Jaerin answered.

“What?!”

Jaerin was startled by the loudness of the voice and looked at the girl weirdly.

“Why would you let her drink 2 shots of Vodka? She has low alcohol tolerance!”

“Excuse me?” Jaerin asked. “I didn’t order it for her.”

“Ppani-ah.” Taeyeon who was quiet the whole time started. “I was the one who ordered.”

Taeyeon looked at the Jaerin and smiled. “Thanks, but I’ll get back to our table now.”

“Thank you too.” Jaerin stood up and hugged the girl surprising both Taeyeon and Tiffany. “Hope to see you again.” She smiled at Taeyeon and slightly bowed to Tiffany before walking away.

Taeyeon stood up and pulled Tiffany back to their table.

“Wait for me, okay?” Tiffany said.

She left without waiting for Taeyeon’s answer. She came back not long after.

“Let’s go home. And I’m driving.” Tiffany frowned at Taeyeon. “You said you won’t get drunk.”

“But I’m not drunk!” Taeyeon shouted but felt guilty immediately after she saw Tiffany’s shocked face. “Sorry.”

“You even promised you’ll dance with me.”

“Sorry.”

 

Taeyeon hugged Tiffany. The action surprised the girl since Taeyeon isn’t the kind of person who shows affection too much. Tiffany guess that it must be the drink that made Taeyeon this affectionate.

She felt Taeyeon hugging her tightly so she hugged back.

Tiffany doesn’t know why but she felt her heart beats faster than the normal but decided to shrug it off thinking that it must be the effect of the alcohol.

They stayed in that position for about a minute before Tiffany notice her friends were looking at them. She tried to break them but Taeyeon won’t let go.

 

“Taetae. They’re looking at us”

“Let them be.” Tiffany frowned when she heard the voice. “What’s wrong with your voice?”

“Nothing.”

“Omg, are you crying?” Tiffany tried to break free again but Taeyeon won’t let go.

“I love you.” Taeyeon whispered.

Tiffany’s eyes widen. “Ww-what?” She asked to make sure that she heard it right.

Taeyeon broke from the hug and smiled at the other girl widely.

“I said let’s go.”

Taeyeon stood up and offered her hand to the frozen girl. Tiffany looked at the girl’s eyes and saw that it was slightly wet.

“Did you cry?”

“No no no no no~” Taeyeon grinned. “I’m sleepy. Let’s go!” Taeyeon shouted.

Tiffany just dismissed the thought at laughed at the girl.

“Drunk dork.”