Chapter 3.

That XX. (그 XX)

 

Tiffany was sitting on one of the tables inside a cafe. She was waiting for Nichkun.

It’s been 5 minutes past by the time they should meet. Tiffany was now used by this anyway, Nichkhun being late as usual but surprisingly, today, she isn’t even annoyed by the fact that her boyfriend is late again. In fact, she was thankful that he hasn’t arrived yet.

She didn’t know what to say once she faced him. She’s been thinking about what Taeyeon said last night and decided to talk to Nickhun about it. She thought about it thoroughly all night and she realized that it’s about time to listen to her friends and her bestfriend. She realized that she's too blinded with her love to Nichkhun that she didn’t know what’s right or wrong anymore.

 

A peck on her cheeks brought her out of her thoughts. She looked at the owner of the lips and saw the man grinning widely at her. “Hi babe.” He went to sit in front of her.

“H-hey.” Nichkhun looked at Tiffany’s weak smile, he frowned.

“What’s wrong? Are you sick?” Nichkhun looked at Tiffany worriedly and touched the girl’s forehead. “You’re temperature is normal though. What’s wrong?”

Tiffany was touched by the sweet gestures of the boy in front of her. She can feel that she’s slowly losing herself again and became alert.

“Nichkhun..” She started. “We need to talk.”

Nichkhun frowned at the mention of his full name. He knows that this is something serious since Tiffany only called by his full first name. Tiffany either calls him “Khunnie” or “Babe” only.

“Yeah. What’s the problem?” He asked.

“I n-need..” She gulped. “S-space.” She felt the tears b in her eyes so she looked down.

“M-mwo?” Nichkhun looked at Tiffany with wide eyes. “But why? I t-thought we’re okay? I’m not cheating at you!”

“See? I didn’t even mention anything about cheating yet you’re explaining already.” Tiffany finally looked at Nichkhun’s shocked face. “Taeyeon s-saw you last night.” She swallowed her tears.

“B-but it isn’t my fault!” Nichkhun stood up and went beside Tiffany. She hugged her, ignoring the curious looks from the other customer. Luckily, they weren’t many customer since it’s still morning. “The girl was following me. I don’t like her. I don’t love her! I love you!”

“That’s the reason why you can’t have dinner with me last night, right?” Tiffany asked, tears flowing down her cheeks. “I’m s-sorry. I c-can’t do this anymore.”

 

Tiffany broke out of Nichkhun’s hold and ran out of the cafe, leaving the baffled guy inside the cafe.

--

 

Taeyeon stifled a curse when the doorbell rang making her lose the game.

“Darn that mission.” She muttered. “Who is here anyway so early in the morning.”

She made her way to the receiver and her eyes widen at the sight of Tiffany, looking so messed up.

“P-ppani-yah? What happened to you?!” She asked.

“C-can I *hiccup* come in f-first *hiccup?” Tiffany asked while crying.

“Oh s-sure.”

She quickly buzzed her in and waited in front of the apartment door. She was greet by crying girl. She immediately hugged the girl and lead them to the couch.

“What happened ppani-yah?” She rubbed the girl’s back.

“I a-asked Khunnie f-for s-space.”

Tiffany cried louder after saying that. Taeyeon didn’t know what to feel after she heard. She wanted to be happy because Tiffany won’t be fooled by that bastard anymore, but after hearing her best friend cry aloud like this made her feel otherwise.

“It’s okay.” She hugged the girl even tighter. “Don’t cry. It’s okay.”

--