04

A Call for Revenge.

Soo Jin sat on the grass and took a deep breath. She was at the school's garden. There were a few gardens in the school but this was one that not many people visit. 

It was a place where she cleared her mind, she relaxed and calmed herself down. 

Soo Jin decided to avoid Jongin these days. There were many reasons why. She was embarassed because she helped and treated Jongin. She saw him smiling to himself, probably liking the treatment she gave. The biggest fear was opening up. She was scared if she's get closer to Jongin and open up to him. He'll know her secrets. Her plan of murdering. 

She had thought about it well. She plans to murder after graduation. After that, she doesn't care if she gets jailed. Besides, there's no one for her left. Except for her mother, who is still lying on the hospital bed, unconcious. 

Soo Jin let out a huge sigh. She rummaged her pockets and found a lollipop. It was the one Jongin gave to her. She quietly unwrapped the wrapper and on the lollipop. The sweetness filled and it relaxes her mind, partnering with the breezy wind. 

It was quite chilly, but it does not matter. 

Light foot steps was heard and soon, a shadow was born. "What is this place?" He voiced. Soo Jin had her eyebrows furrowed, not answering his question. 

He sat beside her. "Jongin. What are you doing here? Go away," she was starting to get mad. He was invading her private time that she rarely has, although he did nothing wrong. It was a public place. Instead of getting up, he laid down and placed his head on her lap. 

Soo Jin's eyes widened as she pushed away Jongin head. She immediately stood up. "Well, enjoy your time here," she turned away without giving Jongin a second look. 

Jongin was dumbfounded. What did he do that made her so mad? The fact that he came here? Because he put his head on her lap? He didn't know. But at least he knows a place where she hangs out. Or maybe it's the second? 

"She's always in that dark alley near Gangnam," he mumbled and let the soft wind carress his cheeks, "I wonder what she does."

"Sorry."

Jongin turned and saw Soo Jin standing next to a huge tree. "You didn't have to be so mean, just now. You do know it's kinda rude?" 

"I bet it's more rude if you invade in other people's private space," Soo Jin slowly sat next to him, carefully making a distance between him. It was weird that she even came back just to apologise to him. She also wanted to spend more of her lunch break in the garden. 

Too bad the garden didn't get much attention, but it was an advantage for Soo Jin because it enables her to be alone. Well, she was always alone. But this was a peaceful loneliness. 

Then came a boy named Jongin

Out of all the gardens, why did he pick this particular one? There are ones which are much more prettier. 

"This is a public place though," he muttered. Soo Jin analised how his few top buttons were undone, his shirt was tucked out and his tie was loosened. 

"Why do you never wear your uniform properly? It looks messy," Soo Jin asked. 

"Girls like bad boys, don't they?" Out of nowhere, he lighted up a stick of cigarette. Soo Jin was not suprised at all. It was normal for boys in her school to smoke, even though they are not legal yet. But there's something about Jongin smoking that made her worried. Maybe because it can cause diseases? Soo Jin didn't know. 

She let out a small cough. She tried to hold it in to not offend Jongin but she ended up coughing in front of him. The smell of the smoke went lingering around her. 

Jongin looked at her. "Are you okay? Sensitive to smoke?" He smirked, but there was a tint of concern in his voice. Soo Jin shook her head. 

"I'm okay, Jongin." 

Jongin leaned back and supported himself with his arm. "You know, don't call me Jongin. Kai is better," she didn't know what she saw in his eyes. It was unreadable. 

"I like Jongin better," she spurted out. It sounded wrong. 

She was also confused why he didn't like the name 'Jongin'. Even his friends call him Kai. "I mean. Jongin sounds better than Kai." 

She tried explaining. But she thinks she failed. Embarassed, she tried to change the topic. "When did you start smoking?" 

Jongin smirked a bit and turned to her. "Why so curious?" 

Soo Jin was taken aback. "No need to answer then."

Soo Jin pulled her knees to her chest and relaxed herself. "I started smoking when I was 15. Life had me rough and I smoked to release my tensions. Then it became a routine for me." 

Soo Jin nodded in acknowledgement. She knew it was not only her with life problems. Life was an enemy to many other people as well. Maybe that was the way life works. It was unfair. Life is unfair. 

The person who murdered, he made a big sin. Yet, he still lives well. He lives in a big apartment in Gangnam, where most rich people stay at. 

Jongin peeked a look at Soo Jin. "Why do you always stare into space when we're together?" 

She shook her head when reality hits her. "It's just a bad habit of mine."

 

 

 

It was another weekend and Soo Jin was working her off in the cafe. She took opportunities to work overtime and earn more. Her apartment bills were piling up and it was hard. 

Her school mates would often visit and ignore her like she's just one of the waitresses. But it doesn't matter to Soo Jin. 

Jongin and his friends were there. They were just chilling around the cafe, not doing anything. Soo Jin envied them. They even have time to rest or spend with the ones they are close with. Firstly, Soo Jin does not really have free time. Secondly, she's not close with anyone. 

Soo Jin was serving a Frappe to Jongin's table, but accidentally tripped on something. She didn't know what it is but it sent the drink flying, landing on one of Jongin's friends' lap. "The ?" 

". I'm so sorry," Soo Jin steadied herself and grabbed a few napkins. The incidents grabbed a few attention of the customers. 

Without thinking, she wiped off the drink using the napkin. "I'm really sorry. I'll make you another one. I'll pay for your pants. Please don't report me to my manager," she begged. The Manager comes out in time. 

He was obviously unhappy with the accident. "I'm sorry for my waitress' clumsiness. I'll be sure for them to be more careful next time," he shot a glare at Soo Jin. 

"Ahh it's okay. It's not that much," he smiled. After settling some things, the manager dismissed himself.

 "You're not gonna get scolded later on, aren't you?" The guy asked. His questions were ignored as Soo Jin bowed a few more times. "No need to apologise, Soo Jin," she heard Jongin's voice. 

"Baekhyun hyung is okay. He has many pairs of that pants," Jongin added. "Woah. Kai. Since when did you start caring about Baekhyun? How do you know what pants he has?" One of his friends cooed. Jongin pushed his face away and muttered "Shut up, ." 

 The guy who she thinks named Baekhyun nodded. "No need to buy me a new one. But maybe next time, we should go eat together?" He smiled and winked. 

Soo Jin was dumbfounded and blinked a few times. "I..uhh."

"Don't listen to him. He's just crazy," Jongin remarked,"Go continue your work." 

Baekhyun hit Jongin's arms and pouted cutely. Although it looks very gay of him. "Kai. You're just jealous." 

Soo Jin bowed once again and headed back to the kitchen. What happened was embarassing. Especially it happened in front of her school mates and most importantly, Jongin. But it was sweet how he was defending you from that player Baekhyun. But she was still confused. Jongin is still being the bipolar jerk he is. Why is he suddenly being nice? 

Soo Jin found her smiling to herself and cleared awkwardly once she realised her smile was getting too big. 

But in the end, avoiding him is the best. He'll get hurt if he's too close