Chapter Twenty Two

Capitulate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“You can’t just make me different and then leave.”- John Green, Looking for Alaska.

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong was brooding. He knew he was as he sipped his third drink of the night, his mind sharp despite the amount of alcohol he fed himself. Loud techno music blared through the speakers of the club, the bass drum pulsing as colored lights flashed, illuminating the crowd of moving bodies, the smell of smoke, liquor and sweat filling the air. And Kwon Jiyong was especially disgusted by the amount of red and pink decorations situated in the club to celebrate the day of romantic hearts and Cupid.

 

Jiyong occupied the table closest to the railings of the second floor, his high bar stool allowing him an unobstructed vantage point of view of the ground floor. Jiyong took a long drag of his cigarette stick before setting it down on the ashtray, his eyes trained on the roving bodies of the dance floor but not really seeing anything.

 

Seungri huffed from where he hovered around Jiyong. His friend was keeping to himself, lost somewhere in his own world as he completely ignored his surrounding; surroundings which includes some very very attractive ladies who have been trying to score some, and Seungri was very disappointed to say the least that his usual wing man isn’t opening the gates for their usual all-you-can-eat buffet.

 

“I must admit, this isn’t what I had in mind when you said you were coming to the club.”

 

Jiyong grunted, knowing that he was being an absolute party pooper. In truth, Jiyong thought that he would be able to jump right back in to his old lifestyle of booze and girls like how a duck takes to water. It hadn’t taken him long however, to realize that his old lifestyle lacked the appeal that it originally had, that something in him had changed and he was no longer feeling this lifestyle any longer.

 

Seungri sighed, “At least make some effort to try to enjoy yourself. Look at all these hot single mommas walking about.”

 

Jiyong eyed the direction which Seungri was gesturing at lazily, briefly meeting eyes with a brunette who was giving her best smoldering come get me look.

 

Jiyong grunted as he averted his gaze back to his glass of liquor before taking a huge gulp.

 

Seungri rolled his eyes, knowing his translation of Jiyong’s grunt (“Not interested.”) to be accurate. Huffing in defeat, Seungri threw his hands up in the air, “I give up! You’re no fun.” before pouting like the big baby that he was.

 

Seungri eyed Jiyong who was quietly nursing his drink, “I don’t know what happened between you and pretty noona but if you’re being so miserable, don’t you think it’s a sign that you should try making things work with her?”

 

And Seungri yelped at the pointed glare Jiyong shot his way. Seungri raised his palms his surrender, “Sheesh, point taken, shutting up right now.”

 

Seungri pointed to the finishing drinks, “I’ll just go down and grab you another one.” before scrambling to the bar downstairs, wanting to put as much distance between him and Jiyong’s sour mood.

 

The brunette who had met eyes with earlier came to him the minute Seungri left their table and Jiyong grunted at her uninvited appearance, ignoring her as he repeatedly brushed off her advances. Sighing, Jiyong tuned out her constant yapping, his eyes roving over the crowd on the ground floor, waiting for Seungri to return and rescue him from his misery when he spotted Seungri chatting someone up at the standing bar.

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes, he should have known, only… there was something familiar about the woman Seungri was chatting up against. Jiyong squinted his eyes, wanting to get a better look and his heart stopped the moment he recognized the woman. Oh hell no.

 

Jiyong drowned his remaining drink in one furious gulp, ignoring the startled squeak of his companion as he pushed her out of his way before storming down to where Seungri was at.

 

“Come on, just let me buy you a drink. A pretty lady like you shouldn’t be alone on a night like this.”

 

Yoona grimaced at the man standing beside her who was trying his hardest to buy her a drink, shooting him an awkward smile. He was easy on the eyes, she supposed, a little try hard and strangely reminded her of a panda but he had that confidence thing going on for him so there was that. Yoona fought a sigh, she really didn’t need this complication, not when she’s solely here to find Jiyong.

 

Yoona racked her eyes over the crowd on the dance floor, wondering how was she to find Jiyong in such a crowded place. Yoona’s gaze lingered on the second floor, pondering the chances of Jiyong being up there instead. Although, there was the issue of going up, having overheard that the second level was strictly off limits to regular folks like her.

 

“Do you want to go upstairs? I can take you if you want.”

 

Yoona snapped her attention to the man at that, clearly she wasn’t all that discreet in her plans. Yoona bit her lower lip as she pondered over his offer.

 

“Why would you help me? You don’t know me.”

 

Her companion chuckled at her distrust, “Why not? It’s a pleasure to be of help to pretty ladies like you, it’s practically my life mission.”

 

The stranger curtisied then, “Your wish is my command, milady.”

 

Yoona gaped before snorting, chuckling a little at the wink he shot her way. He was trying his best to chat her up charismatically but he truly just reminded her of a puppy; a little overly enthusiastic but harmless nonetheless.

 

The scowl on Jiyong’s face deepen as he watched the girl share a chuckle with his friend, the crowd parting instinctively for him like the red sea as he strode on forward. It hadn’t helped matters that his rat of a friend, Lee Seungri, was looking positively pleased with himself.

 

It was only then, when he was closer to her that he realized what the girl was wearing and Jiyong nearly choked, his eyes bulging out of his sockets. It was the LBD, no doubt about that. And a part of Jiyong wondered how did the girl get her hands on that exclusive piece.

 

Jiyong racked his gaze all over the girl who hadn’t noticed him yet. The black dress clung to her like second skin, the end of it barely reaching an acceptable length while the front of it dipped down low, showing plenty of skin, the fabric of it shimmered slightly whenever she moved and Jiyong had never felt as enchanted as he did at the moment.

 

y. Timeless. Classy. And Jiyong knew that he was well and truly fcked then.

 

Jiyong scowled harder when his friend shared another laugh with the girl, his irritation building. Jiyong stomped over to the duo, his facial expression menacing as he brought himself into both their personal space.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Yoona blinked in surprise at the familiar voice, her eyes darting to their newest addition in reflex. So much for trying to find Jiyong when he was the one who found her instead.

 

Jiyong crossed his arms as he stared down at the girl, fighting a groan at her smoky eyes and red lips. Dayum, she looks good.

 

“And what do you think you’re wearing?” hissed Jiyong.

 

Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter