Safe

Never Change (A Sequel to 'Mistaken' )

 

   Jae lunged at Jiyong, taking out his pocket knife once again. The two started to wrestle each other, trying to get the upper hand. Nikki backed up a few steps, afraid and shocked. She had no idea on what to do. Jiyong knocked the knife out of his hand, making Jae yell in pain. The knife flew a few feet away from them. Jae, who tried to get out of Jiyong's hold, slowly crawled and reached out for the knife.

  "Nikki, grab the knife!" Jiyong managed to say, and grabbed a hold onto one of Jae's leg, preventing him from moving.

   Nikki followed Jiyong's command, she ran to where the knife laid and picked it up, confused on what to do with it.

  "Now, go run for help!" Jiyong yelled, holding off Jae.

   Nikki pursed her lips, swiftly looking back and forth at Jiyong and the exit.

  "GO!!"

  Ignoring Jiyong's shouts, she hesitantly approached them, holding onto the knife in her left hand.

  "J-Jae?" She called out, making Jae struggle and looked up to her.

  "I-I'm sorry for ignoring you. I didn't know you felt that way." Nikki tried to say. He slowly knelt up, making Jiyong about to pounce on him. But Nikki signaled him with her eyes to let him be. 

  "I would've talked to you more if I knew." Jae made small steps towards Nikki.

  "Really?" Jae looked at her with desperate eyes.

  "Yes." Nikki gulped, heavily breathing.

  "LIES!" Jae cried with frustration. He advanced towards her, attempted to get a hold of her but before that could happen, Jiyong dove onto Jae's back. Resulting with the both of them falling on the ground, with Jiyong on top of his back, holding onto one of Jae's arm  behind his back. 

   Just then, the garage lights flickered back on, englightening  the whole place. A couple of security guards walked in and took Jae out of his hands. The security guards deeply apologized to Jiyong, telling him that Jae somehow lured the guards to go outside, locking them out of the school. Jiyong nodded his head with understandment. He then asked the guards to keep this between them and not let the media expose this. The guards agreed therefore if it did get to the media, they would be fired for doing their jobs poorly. After their talk, the two guards grabbed a hold on Jae's shoulder and dragged them out. After seeing the last sight of them, Jiyong turned around and looked at Nikki, who was still holding onto the knife in one hand and shaking from shock.

  "Nikki." Jiyong called out, reaching out to her.

   Surprisingly, Nikki flinched from his attempt to touch her and backed away.

  "Nikki..?" Jiyong looked at her with confusion. 

  "I'm not going to hurt you." Jiyong then again slowly walked up to her. She looked up to him, her eyes were welling up. Her breath hitched as he grabbed a hold on her hand, pulling her into a tight embrace. Her hold on the knife loosen, making it drop onto the cement ground. Nikki's hot, wet tears escaped her eyes, flowing down her face. Jiyong started to whisper comforting words into her ear, making her sob harder,

  "It's okay. I got you." Jiyong whispered, kissing the top of her head.

  "I-I thought I w-was going to lose y-you.." Nikki managed to say in between her sobs.

  "I would never leave you."

  "You promise?" Nikki sniffed, looking up at Jiyong.

  "Promise." Jiyong said, leaning into her face and sealing it with a kiss.