Frustration

Never Change (A Sequel to 'Mistaken' )

   Nikki groaned with frustration, crumpling her paper up into a ball and tossing it behind her. It has been a few days since the Jae incident and her hand still hasn't healed yet. She had heard some news from the police that Jae will serve five years in jail time. Honestly, she thought Jae was a nice guy. Well, until he started popping up from out of nowhere. She thought it wouldn't interfere with her drawing, but it did. She had no problem holding the pencil in her hand. It was just every time she would apply pressure to her palm, it would send an wave of excruciating pain to it.  

 She threw her head back and let out a heaved sigh. Other than drawing and designing, Nikki had nothing else to keep her preoccupied. She got up and walked to her closet, opening it. She took out a white box and placed it gently on her bed. She opened it, revealing her unfinished dress. She took it out and studied it, lightly grazing her fingers through the silk fabric. She blew air out of her cheeks. She couldn't finish the dress on time. She looked at her bandaged palm and cursed at it. The deadline is tomorrow afternoon and there was no way her hand could heal by then for her to complete it.

  'I just need to sew on the sequins too..' Nikki sadly thought.

   She took an last glance at it, showing a small smile then folded the dress back in its place and stored it back in the closet.

---------------

   Waking up to the sudden growl in her stomach which strongly demanded food, she lazily got up from bed. She glanced at her digital clock, reading 8:10PM. She had fallen asleep without her knowing. The last thing she remembered doing before knocking out was watching TV in the living room couch. She wondered on how she made it back into her room. Squinting her eyes, she slowly walking out of their room. She headed for the kitchen for some satisfying food to please her growling stomach. Opening the fridge door, she browsed the containments. Letting out a frown, nothing seemed to appeal to her.

  'I guess I have to go out and get something to eat.' 

   She closed the fridge and walked back in her room, coming back out changed in her comfy clothes. She grabbed her keys and wallet and walked to the nearest convenience store.

   Smiling down at her fresh, cooked meal in her hand, she could not wait to devour it in when she gets home. Twisting the key in the lock, she pushed the door open. She hurriedly took off her shoes and messily threw them aside on the doormat for her food was calling for her. She stopped and looked down. There are a pair of shoes placed neatly next to the doormat. It was a pair of . She didn't remember Jiyong owning shoes like that. Shrugging it off, she headed for the kitchen, she grabbed a bottle of juice and walked back out into the living room. A dark figure was seated on the couch. Nikki froze, dropping her food on the floor.

  "What are you doing here?"