No More Mr. Nice Guy

The Swan Princess

Once the magic stopped time seemed to stop.  The two faced each other for the first time in so long.  Taemin smiled and the bow and arrow dropped from Minho’s hands.  In the sweetest voice the prince had ever heard, “hello Minho.”  At those words Minho rushed towards his princess, his Taemin.  It did not matter that they were in Swan Lake, Minho only picked Taemin up and spun his love around.  After he placed him back down he had to kiss him.  Right then letting the other lose from their arms would cause them both physical pain.

 

“Minho, you can’t imagine how much I’ve missed you.”

 

“No one believed me, but I knew.”

 

Taemin shook his head.  “You can’t stay.”

 

“Can’t stay?  No, I’ll never let you out of my sight again.”

 

“Listen to me Minho.”

 

“Taemin,” another voice called.

 

“Oh no.”  Now Taemin felt a bit panicked because he knew that voice too well.

 

“Who is it?  What’s happening?”

 

“It’s him.  He has me under a spell.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Taemin,” you know who called out again.

 

Ever brave Minho, “let him come.”  Knowing the person who did this to his love was near had the prince ready for action and revenge.

 

“No.  He has great power.  I can’t stand the thought of you being hurt.  You have to go,” while pushing the other away.

 

Minho grabbed him by the shoulders to get his point across, “only if you come with me.”

 

Taemin shook his head, “I can’t.  When the moon sets and the sun rises I’ll turn back into a swan.  Trust me you have to go.  Please.”

 

“There must be a way to break the curse.”

 

“There is.  You must make a vow of everlasting love.”

 

“Of course.  I love you.  All I ever wanted is you.”

 

“But you have to prove it to the world.”

 

“How?”  Thinking about it Minho remembered something important, “the ball.  Tomorrow night come to the castle.  When you come to the ball and I’ll make my vow an announcement to everyone there.  That should break the spell.”

 

“Taemin,” Allen called again.

 

“I will.  Now go,” pushing his love away for the last time.  Minho nodded his head and left not wanting to cause any more problems for Taemin.  Before he left completely he turned and tossed Taemin his locket.

 

“TAEMIN!”  Allen sounded angry.

 

“I-I’m coming!”

 

Allen came out from behind a tree.  “Taemin!  Didn’t you hear me calling?”

 

“I-I-I”

 

“Funny thing really, I thought I heard voices,” he searched the bushes.

 

Kevin croaked, “Taemin, Taemin, Taemin.”

 

“Voices?” the princess asked.

 

“Yes.  Voices.”

 

“We-well I.”

 

“You what?”

 

Stalling, “I’ve decided to become your queen.”  The three friends couldn’t believe what he was saying.

 

“No.  Really?  Taemin you make me so happy right now.  I’m going to get dressed up.”  He spun around smiling like a fool.  “I’m so happy!”  For some reason his happy dance stopped short.  “By the way, you wouldn’t happen to know who this belongs to?” he pulled a bow, Minho’s bow, out of thin air.  Taemin starred in horror as did his friends.  “Would you?  ‘Come to the ball and I will make a vow of everlasting love.’  Aren’t those your prince’s exact words?”  He laughed maniacally.  “Thought you could fool me did you?” he threw the bow into the lake.

 

Regaining his voice, “I will never marry you!  You horrible c-creature!  I will marry Prince Minho and he will break this spell.  And you can’t stop me.”

 

“I have to tell you Taemin, you won’t be attending the ball tomorrow night,” as he took the locket from his hands.  “Or have you forgotten tomorrow’s the new moon?”

 

Looking up at the sky he realized the sorcerer was telling the truth.  Falling to his knees the tears rushed down his face.  His only chance, gone.  Allen only laughed as he walked towards his castle.

 

With Hoon following behind him into the castle Allen gloated.  “No matter what they do I’m always one step ahead.  Although Prince Minho’s vow could ruin everything.  I’m going to have to deal with him, but how?”

 

“I don’t know,” a usually silent Hoon replied to the rhetorical question.

 

“The vow!  He will say the vow to someone else besides Princess Taemin.”

 

“And I can pretend to be him!”

 

“That’s it!  I’ll change your form to look like Taemin.  A lot of work but worth it in the end.”  At that Hoon snorted.  “When he makes his vow to the wrong princess Taemin will die.  Then I’ll finish Minho off myself.  I love it!”

 

Allen:  Gosh, it's such a hoot to see them quaking.  When I'm king they'll treat me with respect.

 I can't wait to watch their poor hearts breaking.  So much for politically correct.  (Uses his magic and dances around the empty room.  Turns everything into the form of a noble or something else to get his point across.)

Up 'til now I've pulled my punches.  I intend to eat their lunches.  No more Mr. Nice Guy, not for me.  (Hoon dances with him and his magic.)

If you think that I'm hard-hearted.  Well, let me by, I haven't even started.  No more Mr. Nice Guy, no siree.  (Hoon notices fake-Soohyun and its love at first sight.  Brought three statues of women to life.)

Soon as my witchcraft has zinged them.  I'll gain control of the kingdom.  As for Taemin, well that's tragic.  'Cause I'm going back to that old black magic.

Good behavior is so much duller.  Time to show my one true color.  Baby, Mr. Nice Guy's history.  (Mocks Queen Key, King Jonghyun, and Alexander.)

Vengeance is what I believe in.  I don't get mad, I get even.  Taemin can't get to the ball 'cause I won't bring him.  So I'll zap up a date who's a real dead ringer.  (Punches fake-Minho.  Changes Hoon’s appearance to match Taemin’s but with darker colored clothes.)

Up to no good, I love plottin'.  'Cause I'm so good when I'm rotten.  No more Mr. Nice Guy, wait and see.  (Uses a halo as a rubber band sling shot.)

I'll become that nasty, naughty, very spiteful.  Wicked, wayward, way delightful.  Bad guy I was born to be.   (Does childish pranks.)

 Hoon:  One more time.  (Hugs fake-Soohyun close.)

Allen:  Lying, loathsome, never tender.  Indiscreet repeat offender.  No more Mr. Nice Guy, that's not me.

 

“Thank you, thank you,” as everything returns back to normal.

 

2min

 

Minho walks into the grand room of the castle where everyone is preparing for the ball.  It looks all wrong to him.  He orders his mother to change everything to fit his vision.  “I want the ball to remind you of a swan.  By the way have you seen Onew?”

 

“No,” now he has Key a bit worried.

 

“I’ll find him later,” his mind still on Taemin.  “I want the roses to be white.  I want the food light and fresh.”  Alexander was conducting an upbeat piece of jazz music.  “Xander stop the music.”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“It needs to be soft and graceful.  Like a swan.”

 

“What is like a swan?” asked Jonghyun who had been avoiding the prep ball work like the plague.

 

“The ball.  That’s the theme my son wants.”  Key was just happy his love was no longer mopping, at least not completely.  Xander rolled his eyes at the royals.

 

“Where is Onew?” the prince asks again.

 

“No one has seen him Minho,” his mother informs.

 

“Then who’s gonna be my best man,” letting them in on a part of his plan.

 

“B-best man?” the three ask in unison.

 

2min

 

Allen threw roses into the pit.  Below him in the water floated Taemin in swan form.  To keep the princess from ruining his plans he decided it was best for him to be imprisoned in the dungeon.  “It hurts me to lock you up Taemin.  Hurts me deep inside.  But a king’s day is full of difficult decisions.  So you won’t get lonely I’ve brought a friend for you,” the swan looked up at that.  “I found him clumsily wandering my forest, lost and alone.  I think you know him.”

 

“Please don’t.  I beg you.”  Hoon took the cue and pushed Onew into the pit.  Despite his earlier pleading he was in the water in no time.  Taemin swam to his side to keep him afloat.  “Please don’t go.”

 

“I’d love to stay but if I don’t leave now I’ll be late for the ball.  That would just be tacky.”  Then he was gone.