Far Longer Than Forever

The Swan Princess

Back at Swan Lake Castle Dongho the turtle couldn’t help laughing at his slimy green frog friend.  At times like this his friend amused him.  Hard to believe the turtle is the maknae when his friend decides to go through with plans like this.

 

“Quiet!  I cannot concentrate.”  The turtle’s laughter was seriously grating on Kevin’s nerves.

 

Shaking his head, “you’ve come up with some dumb ideas before Kevin, but this one is by far the worst.”

 

A look of outrage turned into a slight sneer.  “Go ahead and laugh.  With this plan I’ll get him to kiss me.  And when he does…”

 

“And when he does,” Dongho couldn’t help interrupting.  It had been explained to him many times before.  “Poof, you turn into a prince.  I know, I know you told me.”  Kevin nodded his head while making a tool to propel him like a high jumper would out of cattail.  “Why don’t you just give him these flowers,” pointing to some beautiful purple calla lilies growing above their heads.  “These are pretty.”

 

“Ha!” he scoffed at his maknae.  “What a love dunce.  I don’t want these flowers.  I must have those,” he pointed across the skinner moat like part of the lake.  Hearing his voice two alligators lifted their head from their favorite part of the water to see what the commotion was about.  “When he learns I have risked my life for them the kiss is all but guaranteed.”  He tested his contraption a little by bouncing on it.

 

“And you’ll change into a prince,” Dongho rolled his eyes.

 

“So you do understand the ways of love!”

 

“Mind if I point out a problem?”

 

Waving his hand, “I don’t take advice from peasants.”

 

“Suit yourself,” he shrugged.

 

Kevin prepared himself by rolling his shoulders, the alligators copied his actions.  Giving himself a pep talk, “Flowers.  Kiss.  Concentration,” the frog lowered himself into a squat.  He hopped up, used his tool, and attempted to jump over the gators to his goal.  Said gators their lips.

 

“Just curious hyung, how are you going to get back?”  Dongho made a valid point.  As expect the tool failed.  Instead of propelling the frog he ended up hanging on instead of letting go a swung forward and backward like a rag doll.  Each time he kissed the ground, further hurting himself.  The other three could only watch the frog as spectator watch a tennis ball move from one end of the court to the other.  Kevin practically landed in the larger reptiles mouths each time he swung for his goal, luckily for him he was faster than their snapping jaws.  All the while calling for Dongho’s help, begging actually.

 

“Grab me!  Grab me!  Hold my arms!” not realizing his cattail stick was only swinging up and down not all around.  “Hold my legs!  Hold my… hold it!  Hold it!  Hold it!”  He looked over to his savior, a very much human Taemin holding the cattails.  “Oh, thank you Taemin!  Let me have that,” gesturing to the slinging plant.  Taemin gently handed it to his friend with a small smile on his face.  “Silence you savages!”  Kevin let it go and it hit both gators then slung back and hit him.  His plans truly backfired most literally.

 

Seeing his friend laying on the ground Taemin couldn’t help the gasp escaping his mouth.  “Are you all right Kevin?”  Worried at not receiving an answer, “Kevin?”

 

“Yes, yes.  I am alright my princess.”
 

“What exactly were you trying to do?”

 

Seeing an opportune moment to further embarrass his hyung, “he thought that if…”

 

“Shush, shush, shush,” Kevin waved his hands.  He knew what his maknae was up to.  “I wanted to get those flowers for you.”

 

“You’re being sneaky again Kevin!”

 

“Sneaky!  You deserve a nice bouquet,” he reasoned.

 

“And I suppose you deserve a kiss?”  Taemin couldn’t help being amused by his green friend.

 

“Well alright, if you insist,” he puckered up his lips and closed his eyes.  Taemin easily dodged.

 

“But I’m under a spell.”

 

Outraged at being dodged, “but my kiss will break the spell!”

 

“Give it up hyung.  He doesn’t want to kiss you.”  Poor exasperated Dongho.

 

“I can only give a kiss to the man I love.  And then he,”

 

Kevin interrupted, “And then he must make a vow of everlasting love.  I know.”  Just because he knew that didn’t stop him from pouting.

 

Taemin continued as if he wasn’t interrupted earlier, “and then he must prove it to world.”

 

Kevin threw up his hands, “what do you think I was doing with the flowers, and the alligators, and the chomp, chomp?”

 

“Dongho make him understand,” the princess pleaded.

 

“I’m only a turtle.”  Taemin had to smile at his words.  He had an idea.  Surely that song would make Kevin understand!

 

Taemin:  If I could break this spell, I'd run to him today.  And somehow I know he's on his way to me.  Minho, you and I were meant to be.  Far longer than forever.  I'll hold you in my heart.  It's almost like you're here with me.  Although we're far apart.  (Taemin looked up at the shinning moon.)

(In Shaowl) Minho:  Far longer than forever.  As constant as a star.  I close my eyes and I am where you are.  (Minho looked up at the stars.  He closes his hand around Taemin’s locket.)

Taemin:  Sure as the dawn brings the sunrise.  We've an unshakable bond.

Minho:  Destined to last for a lifetime and beyond.   Far longer than forever.  I swear that I'll be true.  I've made an everlasting vow.  To find a way to you.

Taemin and Minho:  Far longer than forever.  Like no love every known.  And with your love I'll never be alone.

Taemin:  Far longer than forever.

Minho:  Much stronger than forever.

Taemin:  And with your love I'll never be alone.  (Hugs his arms around his torso.)

 

Out of nowhere a puffin bird starts flying haphazardly above Taemin’s head.  The arrow sticking out of his wing making it impossible for him to fly.  The pain is too much.  He holds his uninjured wing over the wound and nosedives to the ground, barely missing the princess.  He lands on his back with his eyes closed.  Taemin, Kevin and Dongho gather around the injured bird.