Gangnam Street

Gotta Be You

 

‘’We’re here’’ the taxi driver suddently speak up. Fuuka quickly look out through the window because she thinks about the house the most. The house have big lawn where they can play and spend time together. They house is very organized and clean. That’s good news for them so they don’t have to clean a lot. Sounds like the house got a ghost keeper but the point is the house look very beautiful.

They got off the taxi and take their laugage with them. Dad thank and paid the taxi driver before going in the house. They look at the house with their mouth open wide and suddently Mom appear in front of the front door. ‘’What are you guys doing over there? There is a lot of things to unpack’’

All of them rush into the house. Fuuka notice the house is full furnished so they don’t have to buy new furnitures. She’s trying to look a perfect room for herself. She bring her laugage bag with her to go upstairs.

She leave her bag right in front of the stairs when she reached the second floor. She ran to a room at the end of the hallway and realize Makoto is in that room. He look at her. She look around the room.

 ‘’You’re faster than I thought’’ Fuuka give him an evil smile.

‘’Guess we have similar taste for a room. But you come late so this room belongs  to me’’

‘’Similar taste? No way. I’m just, you know look around if your room can beat mine. The answer is no’’

‘’Where’s your room?’’

‘’In the house. Chao!’’

She left the room with dissapointmet. She said she came to see his room if his room can beat her’s. But the thing is she did not even get a room for her yet.

His room have a build in wardrobe with enourmous mirror in front of it which she can practice her kpop dance.

She take her laugage and pull it slowly. She look around the middle room and then the other room. She pull her laugage bag into the middle room, not too big and not too small and come with toilet as well. ‘’Not bad. You’re officially mine’’

-----------------------------

She went into the toilet and wear something more confortable than the one she wear at the airport. She her laugage bag full with clothing. She fold the clothes and put them neatly in her closet. Clothing like dresses she hang them in the closet make sure there not wrinkle when she wanted to wear them on.’’Let’s do this fast so I can ask Mom if I can walk around Gangnam street!’’

--------------------------------

She run downstairs as soon as she finished her unpacking to look for her mom. ‘’I hope she let me walk around the neighbours’’.

She look for her mom in the living room and then in the kitchen. She finds her mom is putting some kitchen utensils in the kitchen cabinet.

‘’Mom! I finished unpacking my stuff from the bag’’

‘’Don’t shout like that suddently. Thank God I did’nt break this plates’’

‘’Sorry! I’m just wondering if I can wal-’’

‘’We’re going to have more stuff after this. Umm..But I don’t think we’re going to get it today. I hope’’

Fuuka look at her Mom with blur face.

Mom knows Fuuka did not get anything she just said so she explain for her ‘’We post a few stuff from Japan to Korea’’

‘’Oh! Is it my stuff?’’

‘’No, I guess. But you can give me a hand. That would be good too’’

‘’Uh, okay.But Mom right now I really wanted to walk around our house. Not at the lawn, but around our neighbours’’

‘’Don’t go far. We’re not used around this area yet’’

‘’Okay!’’ she salute to her mom before she walk out.

‘’I could’nt believe I can be this happy here. Maybe the house is full furnished so I don’t have to do much’’ she laugh.

------------------------------

‘’Wow! Gangnam street is a busy district.Full with cars, tall buildings and TVs'' . She look around her house area while walking. ‘’I hope my neighbours are around my age. It will be fun if they are but..am I going to move out again?’’ . She look at a teenage guy across the street was about her age. She smile with relieve.

She go into a mart near her house and pick up some ice-creams with different flavours. She take out her purse and paid the cashier.

She walk back home while skipping her feet. She stop skipping when her phone vibrate for awhile. ‘’Yukiko reply my message!’’ . She look around to see if anyone look at her after she shouted receiving a message from Yukiko. ‘’Fuhh..thank goodness I did’nt shout that loud’’

She read the message ‘’Wah, you arrived already? I cannot wait for you to send some picture for me! You stayed in Gangnam right? If I’m not mistaken you told me before. I bet one day you’ll meet kpop stars walking on the street. Lucky you! :D’’

‘’Why is she always soo cute?’’ She suddently bump into something while trying to reply Yukiko message. She drop the plastic bag filled with ice-creams. ‘’Watch where you’re going! Sorry I hit you first. Busy with my phone. Ahahaha’’

She stand up and clean up the dirt on her jeans. She look at him. It’s the guy across the street just now! She just realize she talk in Japanese just now. No wonder his face look all blur but his face looks like an idol somehow. She shake her head to stop her thoughts.

She speak in English and hoping he’ll understand. ‘’Sorry! I did not watch where I’m going’’ . ‘’You’re not Korean?’’ the guy ask her . ‘’No I’m not’’ . He walk away.

‘’Wow! So cold! You’re not that good to do that!’’ she said in Japanese so he won’t be able to understand her.

She continue walking and suddently someone tap her right shoulder. She turn around and it is the cold guy holding her plastic bag with ice-creams in it. ‘’You left this on the street’’ . ‘’Hahahaha! Gomao’’ . He hand the plastic bag to her and walk away. ‘’I changed my mind. He looks cold but he sure help people sometimes. But! Should’nt he praise me a little since I talk in Korean a little. I change my mind again that he a is VERY cold person’’

------------------------------

She take her cellphone out. ‘’I forgot to text her message. But I’m not that late’’

‘’I hope I get to meet BIGBANG one day but I’m too lazy to wait for them in front of the YG Entertaiment building. Here’s some pictures I snap so far. Incheon Airport make my jaw drop when I look at it and the clouds look so soft. Softer than my pillow’’

She click the send button after uploading the picture that she wanted to give it to her.

‘’Hi new neighbour! I just can’t believe I’m living next to foreigners. Fancy enough for me. I should introduce myself to you first, I’m Seo Joo Hyun but called me Seohyun and you?’’

‘’I’m Fuuka. Nice to meet you. How do you know I’m not Korean?’’

‘’My mom met your mom just now but she forgot to invite you guys to dinner tonight at my house’’

‘’I’ll ask my parents’’ Fuuka bow to her before she leave her.

Seohyun bow to her back. ‘’She’s not friendly, I guess or she’s scared I talk to her that way’’ Seohyun raise up her shoulder and go back into her house.

-----------------------

‘’I’m home!’’ she shout as soon as she arrived home. She open the door like it’s going to break in any minute.

‘’Don’t open the door like that.What takes you so long to come back? What is that?’’ Mom point her finger to the plastic bag.

‘’Ice-creams. I bought your favorite flovour. But anyway, the neighbor you meet just now, they invited us to come over to their house for dinner’’

‘’Oh really? That is so nice of them’’

Fuuka hand her mom the plastic bag. ‘’Want some?’’

‘’Thank you’’ Mom put her hand into the plastic bag and take Vanilla flavoured ice-cream. Her Mom try to open it but it does’nt  rip off.

‘’Let me help you’’ . She open it easily. ‘’I don’t know why it is so hard’’ Mom laugh . ‘’Give me the whole bag. I’ll put them in the freezer. Fuuka hand her mom the plastic bag and then she walk upstairs.

‘’Wear appropriate shirt. Don’t wear old shirts. You used to do that before’’ mom remind her. ‘’I know’’

She go to her wardrobe and pick a white simple tee and a pair of good jeans. She put her outfit she wanted to wear tonight on the bed.  Fuuka jump on her bed and sleep for awhile.

-----------------------

‘’buzzz buzzz’’ her phone vibrate because she set alarm for 30 minutes before she sleep so she’ll have time to get ready. She rub her eyes and go to Makoto’s room. ‘’We’re going to our neighbour’s house tonight for dinner’’ . She spoke to him half shouting because his brother wearing headphones. You can ear the music if you keep silent for awhile . That’s explain how loud he listens to the music using headphones. He nod his head. That’s the sign if he hear us.

------------------------

Fuuka take shower in her room and wear the outfit she put on the bed before. She tied her hair up into a bun. She take her laptop and watch YouTube videos until it’s almost dinner time.

She walk downstairs and her mom is standing right in front of the stairs. ‘’Where’s Makoto’’ . Fuuka open to answer her Mom’s question and suddently Makoto run downstairs.

‘’Let’s go! Where’s Dad? He keeps dissapering and I’m the only one who ask where he is’’

 ‘’He rent a car before he get us the new one and register both of you to Whimoon High School’’

‘’Car? I already have my license. I can drive myself to school’’

‘’Yea. Don’t forget about me’’ Fuuka join the conversation

‘’Now I don’t feel like driving’’

------------------------

Makoto ring the doorbell and Seohyun opens the door. She give us a smile ‘’Please come in’’

They bow to Seohyun’s family and they invited them to sit in the dining room. There are a lot of Korean dish are served on the table.

‘’Thank you for inviting us’’

‘’Don’t bother it at all. How old is your children?’’

‘’Fuuka is 15 years old and Makoto is 18. Tomorrow they are going to start school at Whimoon High School’’

‘’That’s good my daughter is 15 too, she take her study at the same school too’’

‘’That’s  good they can get along’’

-------------------------

They bow before leaving Seohyun’s house. Makoto run into our house to find Dad when he saw a car in front of our house. Fuuka go upstairs and pack her school bag and go to sleep. She don’t think she wanted to go to the school same with Seohyun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

Thank you for your support! Muahh~