Chapter 5

In The Ruins...

All I could feel around me was darkness. So many voices were echoing in my head.

"Who is going to explain to her?"

"They shouldn't. They'll just scare her even more than before."

"Your right. You'll be able to calm her down and make her understand."

"Why did she faint?"

"Must have been the fact she was even here. You know her sister never wanted Hee Na to know what she really was."

"Why did Moa hide all of this from her?"

At the mention of my sister's name I bolted up and awake. I gasped heavily and realized I had woken up in a major cold sweat. In the room was the guys, IU, and another guy who looked to be in his thirties. 

"What... what happened?" I shakily said.

D.O. looked to me and said,"Hee Na. Those secrets... It's time for them to come undone." Then he gestured toward the man, who stepped forward and said, "I'm one of the leaders of this clan, Shin Hyesung. You must have lots of questions. I'll just say this as bluntly as I can. Your not... human."

I just looked at him and blinked. "What do you mean I'm not human?"

"Your not. None of us are. I'm a seer, the guy's are shifters, and IU is a seer as well."

"Ha! Your funny but I'm not a two year old."

"It's true. Everybody in this clan is a supernatural being. If you don't believe us then... D.O." 

D.O. looked at me for a second, he hesitated before kneeling to the floor. But as he heads down towards the floor I see it. His seemingly normal human form... changing. Into something inhuman. An animal, a wolf to be exact. It slowly gets up and walks towards me. I grip the bed sheets in fear, dreading what would come next. Only to find the wolf looking up at me with a seemingly playful grin and kind eyes. D.O.'s eyes.

I backed away... surprised but, strangely, not scared . Everyone looked at me and then Hyesung motioned for them to go.

After they left, he slowly walked toward me and said, "I'm sorry that this is how you had to find out but how else would you have believed me? Moa never opened up about any of this. Always keeping you in the dark about everything." 

I looked at him, wondering, should I trust him? I felt slightly betrayed that the guys didn't tell me the truth. Maybe they felt that it wasn't their place to say. Then again they didn't lie. Just kept it all secret. Finally, with determination, I said, "Tell me everything." 

And with that he started. "Before Moa and you were born, was when this all started. As you know my brother and I are also the brothers of the leaders of The Trax. But the sixth brother, who was supposed to lead this clan with us, is dead. And he's also... your father."

I let that sink in. Hyesung probably expected me to say something, but when I didn't he continued. "This is a lot to process and I apologize. But I'll say everything as bluntly as I can. Before... when all six of us were together and wanted to lead the world into a better future was also when your father fell in live with your mother. At first it was innocent little love until we found out she was a she-demon. She-demons are said to be little beasts who seduce men and then steal their souls. But your mother was different. She despised how her fellow brethren lived so she ran away from her family. I knew what she was since the beginning and I also knew she was different than the rest of her species. She sincerely loved your father. When Minwoo, Andy, and Jun Jin found out, they were outraged. They thought your mother was a beast. On top of that they had different views on how to restore the world. They wanted to kill all the weak ones and help only the strong ones. Kill all the ones they perceived to be beasts on the outside despite their beauty on the inside. So the six of us went our own ways in groups of three. Your father didn't want his children to witness what a mess the world really was so he decided to live far away from this catastrophe and raise your sister and you there. Eventually our other three brothers found out. They had kept in all the rage and decided to get revenge on your parents for apparently "betraying" them. So they murdered your parents... but not your sister and you...''

With this I looked at him. I faintly felt the tears flow down my cheeks. To think, all of these things were hidden from me. I opened my mouth in an attempt to speak but nothing came out. I just nodded at him, beckoning him to continue. 

He took a deep breath then said, "My brother found out their plans and we rushed as fast as we could to save all of you. We didn't make it in time to save your parents as well. What you saw was erased by me, your memories of the attack, and that was the start of Moa keeping secrets from you. I know that what I say can't help fix anything but... we really did try to save them." 

I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but the truth. After a moment or two, I found my voice and said, "Why did Moa keep this all a secret? And why do I still remember that they were killed?

"My magic has its limits just like all magic. I could only make that memory as fuzzy as possible. Moa never told you, because your parents never wanted you to know either. She felt that they died trying to protect you from all that and that they shouldn't have had to die in vain."

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes. After a minute or two I opened my eyes again and said, "Today has been a long and, um, tiring day. So if you don't mind I would like to rest a bit."

Hyesung gave me a small smile. "I understand. Please do go ahead and rest up. After you wake up- well, I'll leave that for later." He started to walk away but suddenly I thought of something.

"But wait I have one more question."

Hyesung turned around and said, "Yes?"

"What... what am I?" I asked as my voice slightly trembled. It was at this point that I realized I was not human by any means what so ever. Hyesung was just about to open his mouth and answer when the door flung open and someone embraced me in their arms, nearly squishing me.

"Come now Eric, even I restrained myself from clinging onto our niece." said Hyesung.

"I- I cant breathe..." I said as I tried to gasp for air.

"Oh my God. She looks just like her father. They're both so squishy too!" said the man who I'm guessing is Eric. "Sorry by the way."

"I'm fine." I chuckled.

"I'm quite sorry about your uncle. Eric can't seem to contain his childishness."

"Hyesung, I'm not childish. I'm fun."

"Whatever. Anyway lets leave now. Hee Na needs to rest."

Eric pouts as Hyesung drags him away. They close the door behind them. I smile knowing what kind people they are. But then I remember that Hyesung never answered my question.

What am I?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't express how sad I am that I haven't updated in soo long. I guess I just wasn't really inspired because nobody really commented. I'll try to be more active guys.^^