Chapter 4

In The Ruins...

When I went downstairs the next morning, Kevin was surprised, to say the least, at my new look.

"What exactly are you- em, wearing?" Kevin asked.

I didn't answer and just continued to start making my breakfast. Soon Kevin realized I wasn't going to say a word to him, let alone look his way.

"D.O.! What did you do?" Kevin yelled loudly so that D.O. could hear him from his room on the second floor.

D.O. came down and looked from me to Kevin, back and forth for a while and then said,"What did I do?"

"What! What did you do? You little turd. What the heck did you do to her?"

"She looks the same. Maybe a little bit more attractive. But I can't work miracles so..."

Ouch. That hurt but I knew he was saying that just for show.

"I think she looks hot," Sehun said bluntly as he came down the stairs.

"Y-yah! She doesn't like erts like you." Kevin retorted glaring at Sehun.   

"Then does she like grandpas like you?"

"I'm no grandpa. You're only 2 years younger than me."

"Yeah, but you're so boring. No wonder none of the girls in the clan like you. But if it makes you feel any better, your a foxy grandpa."

"Shut up about the clan!" Kevin hissed.

"But she already knows." Baekhyun said as he stomped down the stairs followed by the other 3 guys.

"What? Who? How? Why?" Kevin sputtered out.

"Yes, we told her yesterday. I did it because, well I want her to join our clan. She has potential for taking down Ji Yeon," D.O. said.

"But- I... Uh."

"I'm really sorry Kevin. Your going to start moving around soon anyway, right?" I said finally hoping Kevin would understand.

"Y-you could come with me. You would be safe with me."

"I can't. Since the night of the incident I told myself that I would take down Ji Yeon no matter what. This isn't a want, it never was, I need to do this."

"If your sister was alive she wouldn't have agreed to this," Kevin said as his voice raised in volume.

"If she was alive I wouldn't be stuck in this difficult position!" I yelled. "She's gone so give it a rest. Stop treating me like a child. I'm not some little sister that you can treat as a doll that will follow all your commands!"

Kevin was taken aback since I had never actually raised my voice at him like this before. He gave me a sad look before turning around and walking into his study.

"What have I done?" I whispered as I lowered my head into my hands.

"You did the right thing," Chanyeol said in a deep voice. "He's been in denial. It's good that you set the record straight."

"Does this mean that you really are going to come with us?" D.O. cautiously asked.

"Hm, I thought about it all night and I decided that this really was the right thing to do. So, I guess I am." I said with a small yet sad smile.

"Hey don't be so sad." Luhan said. 

"I can't believe I just said that to him. He's practically my brother."

"You had the right to," Kevin said as he came out of his study with something in his hand. "All these years Moa and I have been trying to keep you safe and hide you from the world, but it's time for this to stop. I was so nervous and scared that I didn't realize that you were still hurting. Anyway, when Moa gave this to me she told me that, "Theres only one person who should have this and when she gets it make sure to tell her that despite what she may think, I have always known that she is our savior. And also I felt so much guilt welled up inside myself due to all those secrets." At first I had no idea what she meant. I spent nights pondering on this topic, but now I understand. Honestly Hee Na, she loved you so much."

And with that he presented me with what was behind his back. It was a sword that was still in it's sheath and that itself looked extremely dazzling. I cautiously took it out and my heart stopped for a minute. To say it was beautiful was an understatement. The second I took it out the blade seemed to glow a bright blue. I thought it was a trick of the light but I still had to look away as it was shining very brightly. Behind me the boys gasped and they all had astonished looks on their faces. The blade it self was very long and had designs carved into it. The grip was lined with blue based gems and the rest of it was silver.

"It's breathtaking," I gasped. 

"Well a breathtaking girl deserves a breathtaking sword right?" Kevin said. 

I put the sword back in the sheath and hung it by my hip.

"Um, I'm sorry to say this but we have to leave. Now." Kai said as he nervously looked at his watch.

Kevin looked at me and said, "Well it looks like this is it. I'm going to miss you but I'll still visit you."

"Wait. Kevin, about what you said earlier, what did you mean regarding the secrets?" I asked.

"I'm in no place to tell you any of that. But someone in the clan will definitely tell you."

"Wait! Who?"

"You'll know soon enough, okay? Now go." Kevin then ushered me out of the door. 

The boys were already outside on their motorcycles. 

"Wait! You expect me to ride that?" I asked.

"Don't be scared. Why don't you just ride with me? I promise I'm less wild than the rest." Chanyeol said flashing a smile.

"Okay," I said cautiously as I got on his motorcycle.

I looked toward Kevin and said, "I'll miss you. Thanks for everything." I softly kissed his cheek.

Sehun being the ert he was said, "Get it foxy grandpa."

Kevin glared at him before looking back to me and saying, "No problem."

One by one all the guys started their motorcycles and started to go forward.

I turned around and waved bye to Kevin for as long I could until he was just a speck.

When I turned back around I realized that I could fall any moment considering I didn't really have anything to hold on to and I was way too hesitant to hold on to Chanyeol. Right then, Chanyeol turned around and said, "Hold on to me, okay. Unless you want to fall that is."

"Uh, o-okay." I softly said before wrapping my arms around him and holding on to him.

"So how much do you know about The Trax?"

"Well everybody knows the basics right?"

"Hm, I guess educate I'll you in the rest of the story. The Trax were started by three men named Lee Minwoo, Andy Lee, and Jun Jin. They are all brothers and none of them had kids except for Minwoo. He was always the leader of the other two. Anyway Ji Yeon is Minwoo's daughter and once her father steps down to give up his place as The Trax's leader, Ji Yeon will become the leader. But all these years she has been waiting for her father to give up his position as leader but he refuses. Our cult, The Adalith, have been trying to take them down for as long as they've been around. We have many people in our cult so that we have a chance against The Trax. Our leader or should I say leaders, we have two, are Shin Hyesung and Eric Mun. Eric is the one in charge of our offenses and defenses and Hyesung is more of the brains and the leader. But what's shocking is that Minwoo, Andy, Jun Jin, Hyesung and Eric are all brothers. There was a sixth brother, but that is not for me to explain. Anyway, they were going to lead the world together but half and half of them had different views on how to lead and how the world should be. Soon they broke apart and have been fighting ever since."

"Wow, I guess I was kind of lacking. So this is all sibling rivalry?"

"Kind of. Remember there's more to the story. Hyesung will tell you."

After a while I started to get sleepy and realized that I had no energy left to stay awake. I tried to not fall asleep but I gave in eventually.

                                                                                                                                    . . . 

"Hee Na. Hee Na. Wake up, were here." Chanyeol said softly.

My eyes softly fluttered open. To my embarrassment I was still hugging Chanyeol. Very tightly. He looked as if he could pass out any moment now.

I quickly removed my hands and mumbled,"Sorry."

"No problem," he said with a laugh. "But your grip sure is tight. Well, were here."

I got off his bike and looked straight toward the clan's base. My mouth fell agape. 

Wow, I thought, this isn't a house, base or hide-out! It's like a freaking castle!

It looked like it had come out of a Renaissance story book.

"The outside of the house is misleading. The inside looks way different." Kai said as he came up next to me."The others are going to take awhile unloading some stuff so why don't I lead you in."

"Sure. Let's go."

"Okay, follow me."

Soon we left the others and made our way to the entrance of the base. As we passed by guards were lined on either side of us. At first I didn't pay much attention to them but on closer look it seemed like they were all staring at me. Observing me. I stared at one for a second and his eyes seemed to flash blue. I just stood there stunned and the guard smiled and winked at me. I shook my head and ran toward Kai who was way ahead of me at this point.

The inside of the house really was different. It looked like a billion dollar mansion. Looks really can be deceiving. Then, out of one of the hallways came a girl that looked about my age. 

She smiled when she saw Kai and said,"You all are back already?"

Kai replied,"Yeah everything went by smoothly and we finished early. Oh and we bought company."

The girl looked to me, then back at Kai and her eyes widened. "I can't believe you found her."

"What?" Kai and me said at the same time. 

"IU, what are you taking about?" Kai asked the girl, who's name I guessed was IU.

"She's the other Xial." 

At the mention of that word my legs started to weaken. It was the same word that monster in my dreams from a few days ago had used. "How is it you are one of the two Xial?" Soon everything started to become numb and dizzy. The last words I heard were, "We had our suspicions but we didn't actually know."

Everything darkened as I fell to the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------