Chapter 1

In The Ruins...

 "Unnie are you really going to do it?" I asked for the fifth time that day. "Hee Na if you want to starve fine, but I want to eat and stay healthy. In life you can't be picky and you must learn to do things you don't want but have to do," Moa said with a serious look on her face. "B-but you can't kill Lola."

 "You named the thing?"

"Yes, Lola is a person too ya know."

"No, she, I mean, it's a bunny..."

Our latest argument was over a bunny and whether it was right for her to eat Lola or not. I thought not, but Moa, as always, thought otherwise.

"I remember when our arguments made sense."

"Oh yeah? I remember when we used to not argue at all." I said laughing. 

And just like that we were okay again. Maybe it was just that I can't stand fighting with my only family left or maybe it was because we were fighting over such a trivial thing. 

"Okay I won't kill the bun- I mean Lola, but that means you have to settle with just eating cereal. Ok?" 

"No problem,' I winked. 

It was just another day here in our house. Well it's not really a house.  More of a hideout so we won't be found by the Trax. The Trax...? Where do I start when it comes to those devils?  Formed about 10 years ago, they are bringing the world to an end even faster. Taking people's sources of survival, killing the sick, and preventing love, marriage, and having any kids whatsoever. Moa and I have on the run from them. Why? Moa gave me a clear answer. Her answers always leave me with more questions... 


**Flashback**


"Why are we always on the run? I know the world isn't safe but still why do you always think they will target us and us only? Besides they didn't even try to get us back when we escaped." Hee Na says, letting her frustration out. 


"Because," Moa starts to say, "Not only are you a ticking time bomb set to go off any moment, your also the only option left that can help us all." 
I had no idea what my sister meant so I just shrugged it off.

 
**End Of Flashback**

Life wasn't always like this. People used to be happy, free and content with their lives. At least that is what Moa told me life was like before. I was born the year everything started to change. When I was eight, the Trax took over and everything went downhill from there. Our Mom and Dad were killed by the Trax when they found out my parents had a deadly flu that was highly contagious. We didn't even get to say goodbye to them. They were killed on the spot right in front of our innocent eyes. They were going to take us and lock us up as well. But before they could do that, Moa and I escaped. Moa never explained why exactly we left but before we did she was disheveled and I knew something was wrong. Yet I didn't have the heart to ask. When we escaped Moa was sixteen. Now she's twenty-six, but always sad and upset over things she refuses to talk about. All i can think is, Why all these secrets? 

"So how much longer do we stay here?" I ask Moa, breaking out of my dazed faze.

"Not long. I mean we never stay at any hideout for that long anyway. We'll leave tomorrow, ok?" Moa says.

So that would make this hideout number 142. At least we would be able see Kevin after this. Oh right! Kevin is the only friend Moa and I have. Just like us he's also in hiding from The Trax. But for different reasons. I tried asking him and he just walked away and avoided me for a week. Oops?

                                                                                           . . .

Soon Moa and I got ready for bed. Not a bed, considering all we had here to lay down on was a broke down couch. Moa laid down next while I snuggled with Lola.

''Moa?"

"Hmm, what?" 

"Tell me about the world before."

"I've told you so many times. But if I must... About sixteen years ago, people were free to do what they wanted. Instead of being killed, sick people were hospitalized. People were free to live and love. Children roamed free with smiles on their faces. Wrongdoers were punished and put behind bars. Rules were fair and food was actually available. Yes, I could go on forever but basically people were actually safe and happy. We all led simple lives. Stupid and  simple lives. Lives that were going to change in an instant."  ​       

"So your not happy now? With me?" I suddenly asked. Moa looked at me for a second and said "As long as your here, I will always love you and be happy. Don't ever think otherwise. I love you so much sis.​"

"I love you, too." I said just as my eyes started drooping."But Unnie do you think someone can take down The Trax?"

"Sure. Maybe some brave guy."

"Guy? No. It's going to be a brave, smart and beautiful girl for sure." I mumbled as I fell asleep. If I had stayed up any longer I would have felt Moa stiffen beside me in surprise at my words.

That night, my nightmare was at its worst. I was running through a never ending maze-like corridor while a voice said,"Run little girl. Run while you can". Hands were grabbing at me. Claws scratching at me and while I realized that the hallways led no where. Shadows were cast everywhere.  Finally I came a to dead end. "Leave me alone!" I tried to say but nothing came out except a whimper. A raspy voice said, "You can run but you will never be able to hide from me. I will find you... and then kill you."

I felt a searing pain in my heart that came from nowhere. I tried looking down but I couldn't move. I was paralyzed while someone off in the distance was laughing at me. Mocking me. Leaving me there in pain.

Suddenly I woke up and that was when the real nightmare started...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoO... Cliffhanger. I'm new to writing Fan Fiction so tell me how this chapter was. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! 

P. S. I will try to update as soon as possible. Kevin, huh? Maybe it's that certain Kevin. Of U-Kiss? You'll have to wait and find out. Brace your self for the drama in the next episode. Oh and I'm sorry if this chapter was short. :(