Chapter 2

In The Ruins...

I gasped as I woke up. I was in a cold sweat from that awful nightmare. Soon I realized that my sister was no longer next to me.

''Moa? Moa?" I called out."Where are you?"

Lola was no where in sight either. I got up all the while trying to shake off my nightmare.

"Unnie?" My voice started to shake. "W-where are you?"

At this point I started to get worried. The hideout wasn't even that big so Moa should have heard me by now. Usually she answered on the first call. I looked everywhere in the hideout before finally heading outside.

I ran out and looked everywhere and then I saw some figures off in the distance. I cautiously walked towards them thinking that one of them was my sister.

"Moa! Is that you? What are-" I gasped.

Just a little farther up was my sister fighting with Trax soldiers.

"Hee Na! Don't come any closer. Run away. Run far away and don't look back! Forget me and run away! If you stay they'll kill you too." Moa screamed.

Too? I'm not leaving you. Guilt will swallow me up if ever do that. I'm not leaving my sister to be killed. If I have to leave then I would rather leave with my sister. Dead or not.

"I'm not leaving you. No matter what. I'm going to stay here with you until the end" I said.

"Don't make this harder on me. I will kill myself if something happens to you." I could see a stray tear flowing down Moa's cheek. A crystal raindrop of uncertainty...

"Aww... as touching as this is, it makes me sick. So cut it out already." a voice said piercing the night. 

I turned to see who it was. Ji Yeon. 

Ji Yeon smirked as she could sense the fear on my face. 

"Miss me? Probably not, but who cares. Moa, I have a proposal for you. Hand over your sister and you can survive and I will let you go. If not, then I will kill you and then take your sister. So... what do you say?"

"Eff off," Moa replied with a scoff. Soon she moved in front of me in an attempt to try to protect me.

"Hard way it is." Ji Yeon yelled. "Kill Moa but leave the sister." 

"Run. Now!" was the last thing Moa said just as the soldiers started to attack. 

They were coming at every angle possible but Moa was able to fight them off. All I was able to do was watch as they tried to kill my sister. I felt so useless. Moa fought off the ones that were there at the moment but it was going to be only seconds till more came. 

Suddenly Moa turned around and just as she did she lurched forward.

"Unn-"

"Hush sister. Run away. Don't look back. It's too late."

"No its not. Leave with me. Please. Its not too-" 

My eyes widened as I realized what she meant. Why she lurched forward when she turned around. "No. No. NO! It can't be. Pl-please..."

"Don't cry. Be brave. Be brave for the rest of your life. Remember that I'm not gone. I'm in the raindrops. I'm the lightning in the sky. I am the winds that blow your hair. I am the diamond glints in the first snow. I am the sunlight that shines bright on you face. I'm the morning dew. I'm the stars that shine in your beautiful eyes. I will hold you tight when you weep. Don't feel guilty that you have the life that was denied to me. I love you. Never forget that. Now go.." Moa said in her final breath as she gave me a sad smile.

I looked at her one last time before I finally left. Every step I took broke my heart even more. I turned around to see if they were following me or not. They were not but what I saw hurt me even more. As Moa was weakly fighting them off a solider struck another blade into her. I turned away knowing I couldn't take anymore. 

I'm sorry for being such a bad sister. I will never forgive myself, I thought.

                                                                                                                                              . . .

After a few hours of running I finally spotted my destination. Kevin's house. I used the rest of my energy to get to the front door. I knocked as hard as I could on the door.

"Who is it?" Kevin yelled.

"Hee Na. Please open the door!" I said weakly.

Soon the door opened and I immediately stepped into Kevin's arms. I sobbed loudly and soon felt his arms wrap around me.

"Shh... you don't need to tell me yet. Just let it all out. Okay."

I wasn't conscious long enough to know the rest of what he said.

Soon the nightmare played. Just like how it did before except this time when I got to the end of corridor all I saw was my sister being stabbed over all again repeatedly.

"Stop it! Your hurting her!" I screamed.

"It's not like your helping her anyway. You coward. Who leaves their sister to die? What a failure. How is it that you are one of the two Xial?" the Voice said.

"The what?"

"Forget it. A coward like you isn't worth my time."

"No. Please. Stop hurting her."  

"This wouldn't have happened if only you had saved her and not just your self," The Voice echoed.

I woke up from the nightmare with a start. I was on Kevin's couch and he was nowhere in sight. I looked out the window and it looked to be night outside. Kevin must be sleeping. Was this my fault? No, I won't give in to that voice in my head. I refuse. Yet I still had my doubts. Moa... Why did this happen?

In that moment I made a vow to myself. The Trax wouldn't slide by this time. They have taken everything from me. My home, my parents and my sister. No more. Now I will be doing all the taking. You'll wish you had never been born, Ji Yeon.  

As ready for revenge as I was my heart still ached for Moa. My heart longed for her. My soul went with her. My eyes cry for her. My empty arms would reach for her. I know you told me to not cry but how can I hold this pain? 

I never heard Kevin come in. When I was done crying I started to hiccup like crazy. He came and hugged me and held me in his arms.

"Wow, the last time you hiccuped this much was when you got really drunk that one time." Kevin said trying to make me smile.

I did for a second before I burst into tears again.

"Okay, okay. Wrong approach. Try to calm down and explain to me what happened." 

I took a deep breath and was about to start explaining when the doorbell suddenly rang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like cliff hangers. I'm so happy for the 2 subscribers and 1 upvote but can we get some comments? I would love your input. BTW yes Kevin is THE Kevin of U-Kiss LOL.