Chapter 3

No Other Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3: Magnaes on top?

Ryeowook’s POV

A whole week passed by in a blur. We’re all busy with our own schedules and rehearsals for comeback and with adding another member, there have been a lot of changes to our routines. We are not allowed to post any pictures of us with Danny as Danny’s debut stage will be on Super Junior’s comeback day and only then will Danny be introduced to the fans. I am really excited!

But as excited as I am, I got to admit, I am kind of disappointed too because most of my parts were given to Danny. Our voices are almost the same but it is a little lower and not as “annoying” as my voice. The members always joke around and say that my voices get so high sometimes that it can get annoying. I guess they’re kind of right. A but still … Those are my parts and I’ve spent so much of my time recording them.

But then again, when I listen to the play back of the track, it’s not bad, maybe even better with Danny’s voice. So, I decide to just let it go and focus on moving forward together as a group. I also don’t really complain much because I feel like this must be how the other members felt when they don’t get as many parts as I do in the previous albums. Ah, it’s really so pitiful.

Tonight is the last day of me performing “The Goddess is Watching.” I have been really thankful for this experience and I really have had one of the best cast members and crew ever. I hand out some cupcakes I brought earlier on to everyone and go back to my dressing room, getting ready. I’m excited for tonight since Ryeo-line is coming down to support me. And this is a secret but I’ll just say it anyway.. Kyuhyunnie is going to be here too! Kyuhyun is supposed to have musicals but he switched with his co-star just so he could make it to mine today. We’re always doing these kinds of things secretly and whenever the manager would find out, he would scold us for pulling such a trick like this and we’d just laugh it off together. What can I say? We are magnaes on top! A knock on the door suddenly startles me and someone pops his head into my room. I beam when I realize who it is.

“Hyungsik!”

Hyungsik grins and enters the room and walks straight to me handing me a bouquet of red and purple roses. I laugh when I read that it’s from the ZE:A boys and all of them had left me a message wishing me good luck. Hyungsik then hugs me and pats my hair.

“Hyung! Fighting! I can’t believe this is your last day!” Hyungsik says. “We’re all going to watch you closely!”

“Thank you, Hyungsik ah.” I smile. “Where are the others anyway?”

“N and a few others of the VIXX guys are already seated and D.O is coming in a little bit late.”

“Ah right, I forget that kid had an interview.” I nod. “But I’m thankful anyway that all of you are here! Kamsahaminda!”

“Of course I wouldn’t miss this for the world, hyung! I’ve heard a lot of great reviews about this musical and you of course. I’m really happy for you, hyung.” Hyungsik rubs my arm looking at me proudly. “Have all the SuJu hyungs watched your performances?”

“Sungmin, Heechul, Kangin and Shindong hyung came down a week ago. Zhou Mi did too. And Kyuhyun’s coming today.” I say. “Speaking of which, did you happen to see him outside?”

“Uhh,’ Hyungsik shook his head. “No, I don’t think so.”

“Oh, maybe he’s running a little late.” I say.

Hyungsik and I talk about some recent event a little bit and the staffs knock on my door to inform me that the show is starting. Hyungsik hugs and wishes me good luck again and I can really see how proud he is of me. This is why Hyungsik is my number one dongsaeng, he’s always so happy and proud of me. I really feel like a successful hyung when I’m around Hyungsik.

When I step out on stage and take a glimpse of the audience, I notice the VIXX boys grinning wildly and Hyungsik watching me. In front of them, Sungkyu and L are waving at me and I try hard not to get distracted by them. I continue on with the show, staying in character all the way while glancing at the audience once in awhile. I notice a few heads turn and have to hold in my laughter when I see D.O coming in and almost slipping down the dark stairs. Once the show is finally over and it’s my finally curtain call, a bunch of loud applause goes off and the audiences gives me a standing ovation. I bow a few times at them and wave at my fans and friends. I scan around the theatre another one last time and sigh feeling disappointed. It doesn’t matter if I have hundreds of people cheering me on, it doesn’t matter if I have hundreds of people giving me a standing ovation. It matters that my best friend, the one who I really really want to be here, isn’t here.

__________________________________________________________________

The next day, I wake up early for a performance at an award show. Super Junior M will be performing swing and hopefully, we will be able to win the best song award for 2014. I don’t feel good to say the truth. I am a little hangover from all the drinking with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter