Cinderella Man

Cinderella Man

Kai spot Baekhyun going at the rest room of the school and corner him there. When Baekhyun get out from the stall he’s surprised that Kai was there.

“Our plan worked!” Kai chirped in delight.

“Yeah, I think so.” Baekhyun is pleased seeing Sehun and Luhan together after all odds. Kai smile at Baekhyun through the comfort room mirror pearly teeth showing. Baekhyun just stare awkwardly and he didn’t know how does he going to act in this kind of situation.

“So! Are you free tonight?” Kai suddenly interrupt the screaming silence that surrounds them. Baekhyun notice the tension through Kai’s word and he doesn’t know if it’s just his ears or he just really sense nervousness.

“Why?” can’t decide how to manage an awkward conversation Baekhyun just voice out what his inexperienced mind can blow. Kai’s face slowly turns to pink as he rubs his nape out of nervousness.

“There’s a new movie I want to watch and I got an extra ticket and I just taught if you can watch w/ me. So can you watch it w/ me?” Even Kai got the courage to speak straight the nervousness still lay w/ his every words. Waiting for Baekhyun’s answer does made Kai’s palm sweat.

“Are you asking me for a date?” Baekhyun ask w/ his left brow up paired in teasing smile. Kai even having a tan skin didn’t help his color turning in to red specially his ears.

“Ssort o-of” Kai stutters.

“Mianhe, I can’t.” As Baekhyun look in Kai’s direction he saw Kai clutching the hem of his clothes while biting his lips. Baekhyun steps forward and hold Kai’s hands. Kai look up disappointment and shock collide clearly showing in his face.

“After what happened last month, Daehyung wants me to stay w/ him in the bar to help him there so we can be sure I'm going to be safe especially the police say that hurting me is the real intention of that dudes who intrude my house last month.” After Baekhyun’s explanation Kai just nod in understanding. But Baekhyun’s not yet relief for he know Kai is still a bit dis appointed.

“How about on Sunday afternoon?” Baekhyun show his 1000 watt smile that made Kai’s face lit in an instant.

“OK deal.” When they decided to leave the comfort room they both have a genuine smile plastered in their faces w/o noticing a dangerous glare from the guy who just got out from one of the stall in the comfort room. During weekdays Kai and Baekhyun never leave each other’s side unless it’s necessary. Every weeknight phone call and text are nonstop w/ undying smile in their faces.

*****

As the Sunday afternoon comes, Kai is waiting for Baekhyun in latters sofa set w/Daehyung. While waiting Jongdae is giving some reminders to Kai like, be home before nine o’clock don’t leave Baekhyun by himself etc. Kai stare at Baekhyun w/ admiration as Baekhyun made his way down. It almost made Kai’s mind blank smiling like an idiot who win a lottery.

“You’ve got a new car!” Baekhyun exclaim while looking amazed in Kai’s new car.

“I’m sorry about your car last month.” Baekhyun utters remembering why Kai need a new one. Kai opens the door at the passenger seat and let Baekhyun in and made his way at the other side after. Kai didn’t let Baekhyun lock his own seat belt instead he locks it for him in a slow manner face near in each other.

“It’s nothing! You’re more important than my car.” Baekhyun’s face starts to turn pink as heat slowly crawls all over his face. Obviously Kai is enjoying himself in Baekhyun’s reaction red face, unfocused eyes even Baekhyun’s loud gulp as he use his husky voice to talk to him.

“Ch- chincha.” Baekhyun stutters as his face is just a thread away from Kai’s face. Baekhyun got startled as he hears a clicking sound indication that his seat belt has been locked. Kai smile to himself triumphantly as he distance himself from Baekhyun to drive the car while Baekhyun exhale his breathe that he didn’t realize he’s holding.

******

The whole day is amazing for the both of them. They gone to watch movie and to the amusement park after, enjoying the time they got. At the end of their date exact eight thirty in the front of Baekhyun’s house they just stay flustered and not looking in each other’s eyes as awkward air floats and surround them both.

“Thanks for today I really enjoyed it.” Baekhyun is the first one to break the silence.

“Neh!” Jongin wears an uneasy smile w/ a blush on his cheeks.

“Can I invite you again soon?” After gathering courage by leveling his breathe Jongin finally say what’s in his mind.

“But of course!” They both smile like an idiot and bid their good bye . After three months of knowing each other they finally ended to each other as they announce it w/ their friends they were expecting it already as their friends says they’re too obvious and they decided to celebrate it as usual in Kris house.

“We’re celebrating for a new couple HunHan after long long years of being dumb yet they made it and other new couple KaiBaek as we say a perfect couple. Cheers.” Kris announce w/ his booming half-drunk voice and the other follows. Putting their glass up high and made a clanking sound. As the night goes by their friends is getting really drunk and as usual Baekhyun and Kyungsoo didn’t drink that much. After keeping they’re mess Baekhyun is about to close the window to go to waiting bed w/ Jongin in Kris’ guess room when he saw a shadow of human outside Kris’ gate. His eyes widen in fear and his crazily shaking at the sight. Suddenly Baekhyun yelp as a hand tap his shoulders that send shiver in his spine.

“Hey! Are you all right?” Kyungsoo ask worriedly as he sees Baekhyun’s paled face and sweaty forehead.

“I’m fine I think it’s just sleepiness!” Baekhyun explains and look again outside and saw nothing.

“Close it then so we can sleep it’s getting late.” Kyungsoo softly command w/o authority in his voice as if he’s just asking and Baekhyun just do what’s been told.

“You’re definitely going to suffer for everything you’re family has done to me.” The whisper of threat from the shadow outside the mansion waiting for a right time to reveal himself as it begun to walk away from Kris’ Mansion.

******

It’s been five month since Baekhyun and Jongin’s relationship start and they’re going stronger. But things are not just about good side they also have bad side and the worst, it is life changing.

“HI! Ms. Byun Here is your cow’s milk.” A young man gave a bottle of milk to a woman in her mid-thirties. The said Ms. just made her way to the teen ager boy w/ difficulties as she’s confused in what’s happening to her lately.

“Oh hi there Jonghyun! “ The said Ms. Smile a little and take what’s given to her w/o hesitate.

“Bye ms. Byun!” The boy bid excitedly and run as fast as he can and ride in a motor cycle w/ a guy on his back to drive and he’s been doing it for almost five years, giving Ms. Byun milk.

“Did you bring it to her already?” The guy ask the teenager and grin to him .

“Yes hyung!” the younger enthusiastically answered back.

“Good boy now she’s almost there.” The man said while grinning showing his evil smirk to his brother.

“Not for long and were going to be lucky for their despair.” The man in the teenage boy’s back said while messing w/ his younger brother’s hair.

“I don’t understand hyung.” As they were driving they manage to build a conversation as being young Jonghyun naturally asks questions.

“Why your so kind to that ahjumma?” Jonghyun being persistent in his confusion ask again.

“I’m not being kind to her you’ll understand soon, I promise.”

“That Jonghyun kid is so adorable he keeps on giving me milk every morning so you don’t have to be worried about my health Jongdae sweetie.” Ms. Byun nag at her phone sweetly making sure that the person in the other side won’t get any hint in her condition. She can feel her head dizzy and as if it’s splitting in to two her eyes tightly shut. After bidding good bye to her son she notice a crying voice some where she slowly follow the faint voice and found it under the dining table where she found a young girl crying while its knees in her face in a sitting position.

“Hey there kiddo what are you doing there come here.” Ms. Byun courage the girl and lend her hands in front of the girl as if asking for her hand. Suddenly the girl looks in to Ms. Byun direction. To Ms. Byun’s fright her meets the floor while making distance from the table eyes widen mouth open and quivering body is shaking. The girl slowly crawls out of her hiding place. Bloody hands on the floor her knees eerily screeching at the floor leaving a bloody trace at the floor. wide open drooling while she don’t have her eye balls for its hollow and vacant nothing inside but pit of darkness. The girl is making a scraping noise while she’s nearing Ms. Byun while Ms. Byun reaches the wall and nothing to run her knees not working and then everything turns to black.

*****

“Hey I thought we’re going to Exo bar why where heading the other way?” Kris asks while seating in the back seat next to Kyungsoo w/ Luhan at the other side and Sehun in the passenger seat while Jongin is driving.

“Neh! But I want to surprise him so I want to buy some flowers.” When their car reach the flower shop Jongin hurriedly got out from his car leaving his friends inside the car after about ten Minutes Jongin running out the shop w/ bouquet of flowers and a wide smile in his face. As they reach the said bar they saw some men around their age around the corner beside the bar as if their pissed. As Kai’s group left the car and locked it they hurriedly walk to bar’s entrance but before they made it inside Kyungsoo notice the guys earlier around the corner leaving the place and as a bullied kid before he knows what happen and to his conclusion a whimper and grunt was heard. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen after hearing moans and almost silent cry.

“Soo, what’s wrong?” Luhan ask but Kyungsoo just silence Luhan by shushing him and putting his index finger in his lips. Kyungsoo slowly approach at where he thought the sound is coming from even the sound from the bar is loud the faint ‘help’ can be heard. Kyungsoo run to the dark corner after hearing the faint ‘help’ and the others follow him. As they made it at the alley they notice a shadow slowly crawling lightly shone by the bars lame lights. They almost gasp in unison as they saw a beaten man.

*****

“Where are they, call them I’m getting worried here. We don’t know what happen to them.” Jongdae ask Baekhyun worriedly. It’s Saturday and Baekhyun expect their friends to come specially it’s his second anniversary singing in the club. Baekhyun follow Jongdae’s word and call Kai’s cell phone but Kai is not picking his phone. He tries to contact the others but no one is answering. Baekhyun start to walk back and forth while biting his finger nails a habit he do when worrying. He got startled when somebody taps his shoulder.

“It’s time for your performance.” It’s Sooman telling him for his cue. Baekhyun just nod and do as he was told different emotion plays inside him. Worry for his friends’ whereabouts, disappointment as he’s going to celebrate his anniversary alone and he’s starting to feel uneasy as if he’s sensing something bad is going to happen. His turn and Jongdae’s shift is done they were in the street already going home when Jongdae’s phone rings.

“Yeobossaeyeo. Mwo!! Arasso!” Jongdae’s eyes widen and hurriedly call for a taxi and his face is unreadable. He looks in Baekhyun’s direction and utter ‘later’. They just both ride in the taxi and he explains everything to Baekhyun.

*****

Daehyung is Baekhyun’s nick name for Jongdae Hyung. Sorry for late updates and errors from grammars to spelling. I know this chapter please bare w/ me please!!! I know everything about me I didn't mean to its just natural on me. Mianhe!!! For those who keep on reading thank you and I hope you'll appreciate as far as this story goes. ANNYEONG!!!