Cinderella Man

Cinderella Man

                  Chapter three

 

"Hey! Mind if I join you?" Kyungsoo is getting ready for his performance when Baekhyun interrupt him, they're at the backstage and it's kyungsoo's night.

 

"Hi!" Kyungsoo give him a wide smile.

 

"I won't mind please.." he just give space for Baekhyun to sit down.

 

“I’m happy Jongin is not acting mad at me anymore.” Kyungsoo pout while saying it.

 

“Yeah!Me too.” Baekhyun just nod.

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi, can I ask some personal things to you?” Baekhyun suddenly ask. Kyungsoo just give him small smile saying its fine.

 

"My brother told me about your situation in your house and I know that it’s more severe than you’re bullied at school." Baekhyun is careful in this kind of conversation. Thinking that, Kyungsoo might be sensitive in this topic.

 

"Your brother?" Kyungsoo is confused.

 

"Jongdae hyung the bartender here is my brother."

 

"Jongdae hyung is your brother?!!!"Kyungsoo gasp and eye more widely than before.

 

"Yeah he's my brother." Baekhyun is proud for his brother. He never felt something or someone is missing because Jongdae gave everything he need, sometimes something he want.

 

"So you’re the infamous angel little brother of Jongdae hyung. He always talks about how perfect his little brother is."  Exclaim. "So; what about it?" Kyungsoo's confusion is back.

 

"I and my brother are living at our own house so we don't need to pay for it. It has four rooms and my mom lives at my grandparents’ house, you can live w/ us since it's too big for me and for my brother."

 

"Really?" Kyungsoo is starting to have tears in his eyes.

 

"Yeah! Really!!! So later you will go home and pack your things because on Monday you’re going to stay in KIM and BYUN's house OK?"

 

"I don’t think they’re going to let me." Kyungsoo bow his head as sadness creep in his chest.

 

“But why?” Baekhyun almost whine. Kyungsoo just cry in Baekhyun’s arms telling his situation not caring about his outfit that start to get crumpled.They hug each other and interrupt by Sooman's voice.

 

"Kyungsoo it's time for your number." well.. That’s Sooman

 

"Neh thanks for your concern Baek."

 

"Just call me if you need anything OK?” Kyungsoo just nod to him and fix his outfit before Baekhyun got out from there.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

While Kyungsoo is performing his number, every single sound had banished only the song and his angelic voice is left in Kris’ point of view.

 

"You know what? Breathing is necessary! No need to hold it!" warm teasing smile creep in Baekhyun's lips. These pull Kris from his reverie and some air deeply.

 

"Tss."Kris is confused. He's thankful Baekhyun just whisper it near his ear.

 

"I know you like him." Baekhyun is confident in his word.

 

"Yah! Don’t make an issue about your illusion." Kris is in denial for his feelings but got alarmed in Baekhyun’s next group of thoughts.

 

"If you really like him, then save him." this words throws confusion to Kris.

 

"What do you mean by that?" a sudden wild pump in chest send Kris cold feeling down his spine.

 

"Come we'll tell you." Last gaze to Kyungsoo's direction before Kris follow Baekhyun in to the counter where his brother stand to serve some costumer their drink. They sit down the stool in front Before Baekhyun and Jongdae spill the beans.

 

"WHAT???" This is the only reaction Kris utters after the story behind the bullied boy Kyungsoo.

 

"Yeah!" Is the only assurance of Jongdae to his thinking about the story. Kris didn't drink any liquor w/c is questionable to his friends; if someone from their circle of friends that consume most of alcohol in every bar they've gone but still sober, it's Kris.

 

"Yah! Kyungsoo, can I talk to you?" Kyungsoo's performance earns a lot of compliment and applause.

 

"S-sure!" Confused in Kris sudden change of tone, Kyungsoo let himself to be drag by Kris. Kris just brings him in the back stage where Kyungsoo prepare before his number.

 

"I-I ju-just want to drive you home! I-I just want to know where you live! You know.." Kris starts to stutter.

 

"In case we decide to hang around to your place you know!!.."Kris himself is starting to feel embarrass, while silently asking himself where does his confidence go. The last time he check he’s not the type of guy who get shy and stutter in front of anybody. Kyungsoo just shrug.

 

"No…Actually.. We can’t hang out there." Kyungsoo tries to explain but interrupted by Kris.

 

“I just want to drive you home to make sure you’re safe.” He feels light headed seeing Kris' gummy smile that he learn to like in this passing days. Driving Kyungsoo home is not that long but for the both of them it’s the longest. They both fell awkward in silence between them. When they reach Kyungsoo’s house, Kris open the car door for Kyungsoo who wears blush in his face.

 

“Be careful in driving OK? I don’t want you to get caught in an accident.” Kyungsoo tells Kris while looking at him.

 

“I will!” Kris mutters while fidgeting slightly. He’s starting to gain  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's still early in the morning when somebody knocks on Kyungsoo's door. Kyungsoo used to stay in his uncle's house where he live w/ his cousin Krystal and uncle and aunty. After his mother and father died five years ago, Kyungsoo was adopted by his uncle and its family. Kyungsoo think that he's lucky in his decision. He never taught that living w/ his uncle and its family means living in hell. Since the first day in his uncle's house his cousin will hit him and if he fights back it means bruise and wound from his uncle and aunty.

 

Another bell from the door interrupts Kyungsoo’s reverie of his past. He turns off the stove and walk to open the door, when his cousin Krystal came rushing downs the stair.

 

"Hey!!! You're so slow!!! You let that ing Pest to ring the doorbell in more than three times!!! Huh!!" Krystal shouts at the top of his lungs till their entire neighbor heard each of her word.

 

"I'm sorry." It's the only word Kyungsoo can utter after the ear shuttering whine from Krystal that he's sure even the stranger outside the door heard it loud and clear. When Kyungsoo open the door, he's greeted w/ Kris and Baekhyun, worries reflect in their handsome faces.

 

"Kris? Baek? What are you two doing here?" But before the two can answer, Kyungsoo was harshly pulled inside and Krystal’s face suddenly pop out at the door.

 

"Hi! I didn't know that the two school prince knows me and where I live!!"Krystal batted his eye lashes and grin to their visitors.

 

"I don't know you!!" Kris blurt coldly. Baekhyun secretly bump his elbow in Kris' back sign for him to shut his mouth.

 

"Actually; we’re here to talk to your parents." Baekhyun explain politely.

 

"What? But, why?" Kyungsoo ask while slowly helping his self to stand from falling to the floor due to Krystal’s harsh action.

 

"Shut up! They're not talking to you freak!!" Kyungsoo bow his head to avoid eye contact to their visitors. Kris silently gritted his teeth ready to kill Krystal but choose to stay still for Kyungsoo.

 

"Come in! Come- and who is he?" Krystal suddenly ask when their visitors come inside not expecting the presence of a guy in suit. This guy might be in his mid-thirties in Krystal's calculation.

 

"Ah don't mind him he's w/ us. Can we talk to your parents now?" Baekhyun manage to stay polite to Krystal despite of anger that slowly creeping in his body after what she have done to Kyungsoo.

 

"OK! I'll just call them. Wait here OK?" Krystal assures them.

 

"Hey! You! Serve them something, will you!" She faces Kyungsoo and pushes him to the kitchen.

 

"You're really lazy freak!" Krystal's attention is caught by Kris and Baekhyun's sudden action. Kris jolt up from his seat but Baekhyun harshly pulled him back to his seat and cover Kris' mouth w/ his two hands. Krystal threw a confusing look to them.

 

"Nothing! I thought he's going to shout at the lizard over there. But we're fine, really." Baekhyun lies while pointing at the lizard in the ceiling.

 

"OK!" Krystal just shrugs and run upstairs to call her parents w/o any suspicion on their visitor's action. When Krystal finally gone upstairs, Kris didn't hold back his emotions' he dash in the kitchen, Baekhyun let Kris do what he wants, Kyungsoo need someone right now and he know it's Kris. When Kris made his way to the kitchen, he spot Kyungsoo while preparing drinks for them.

 

“Don’t talk, just let me. I know you’re not OK.” Kris hugs Kyungsoo tightly from his back and the latter start to sob uncontrollably. Kris slightly turns Kyungsoo to face him and let the latter cry in his chest.

 

“Don’t worry everything is going to be fine from now on.” Kyungsoo look up to see Kris’ face w/ confusion in his eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” Kris just smiles and shows his gummy smile to Kyungsoo.

 

“Trust me; this is the last time that they’re going to hurt you.” Assurance reflects in Kris’ word. After about ten minutes, Krystal goes down w/ her parents.

 

“I didn’t know that Krystal has a sideline.” Kris tries to whisper in Kyungsoo’s ear. That made kyungsoo’s eye brow furrowed.

 

“What do you mean?” ask kyungsoo.

 

“She looks like a clown.” It’s a whisper from Baekhyun that made kyungsoo smile.

 

“Stop teasing her, please?” Kyungsoo whisper back.

 

“Hey you freak! Stay away from my visitors; don’t you know you’re too ugly to face them?” Kyungsoo just bow his head and make his way to the kitchen. The silence that filled the air is ruined by Krystal’s voice.

 

“Isn’t it too early to entreat me from my parents?” The three visitors just furrow their eye brow. Kris and Baekhyun intentionally throw their gaze to the man in suit and Kris’ mind produce a devilish thought.

 

“You’re courting her Mr. Choi?” Kris asks the guy in suit w/ matching gasp to humiliate Krystal in front of her parents.

 

“I don’t even know her!” Mr. Choi (the guy in suit) protest in kris’ statement.

 

“Me too.” Baekhyun in the conversation.

 

“Me neither.” Kris assures everyone, to Krystal’s dislike and embarrassment.

 

“So.. What brings all of you here?” Krystal’s father starts to talk, just to show everyone his authority inside his own house.

 

“Can we talk in private Mr…?” Mr. Choi politely asks.

 

“Do. Do Mateo.” And they shake hands.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After the long talk between Mr. Choi and Kyungsoo’s uncle, Kris Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are heading their way to Baekhyun’s house.

 

“I think you really pissed my uncle back there, he’s all red from head to foot.”

 

“He’s hard headed that’s why.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“How did you convince my uncle to set me free from them?” Kyungsoo’s heart is full of happiness and excitement as he’s freed from his uncle and its family.

 

“This guy in suit is Mr. Choi he’s a lawyer.” Baekhyun start to explain. He’s seating in passenger seat and the said Mr. Choi is their driver for now.

 

“Your uncle is facing bankruptcy and he can’t refuse a big amount of money.” Kyungsoo’s jaws hang open.

 

“What? You throw a lot of money for me? Are you insane?” He’s shouting already.

 

“And you’ll pay for it.” Kyungsoo’s eyes get bigger than usual. Before he could ask more his lips are lock w/ Kris’ lips.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! PDA! PDA!” Baekhyun mischievously interrupt the new couple before it turns to heated kiss. After that day everything is in place. Kyungsoo is safe, everyone is happy. They plan to celebrate it in Kris’ house.