Cinderella Man

Cinderella Man

Chapter five

 

“Hey stop crying!” It’s been seven hours after the terrifying event in Kim’s Residence but still Baekhyun is in frightened state and calming down is not yet registering in his mind. This time Kai is the one who keep Baekhyun’s side for Jongdae is in the police head quarter for some statement. They were both in Baekhyun’s room. Both laying on the bed w/ Kai as he caress Baekhyun’s back while the later keep on crying and clutching on Kai’s shirt.

 

“Don’t worry I’m going to stay by your side I’m not going to leave you.” Kai whisper in Baekhyun’s ear; the latter just nod and slowly drifting in to dream land cause by stress due to fright and nonstop crying. Kai start to hum a melodic song while wiping Baekhyun’s tears away. Thirty minutes since Baekhyun falls to sleep when suddenly he starts to claw at the thin air. Kai got alert and hold Baekhyun’s arm and keep his calm just to think straight at this situation. He’s calling Baekhyun’s name in mantra until Baekhyun open his eyes accompanied by his ear wrecking screech.

 

“Chanyeol I’m scared!” Baekhyun burst in to tears and hugs Kai w/ all his strength that almost chokes Kai. But after a while Baekhyun calms down and so his hug.

 

“Who’s Chanyeol Baekhyun?” After a minute of silence Kai brake it w/ a question but a calm snore is the only answer he got from the guy.

 

“Aish! How can you sleep at me like that?” When Jongdae reach their house he sees Kai and Baekhyun in the sofa both sleeping but they manage to fit in the narrow sofa. He slightly tap Kai’s arm to wake him up and the said guy slowly opened his eyes.

 

“Kai I think you should go home they might get worried after I called your house.”

 

“Its fine hyung they already called me just an hour ago.” Jongdae look in Baekhyun’s direction and back to Kai.

 

“How does the two of you end up here I thought you’re inside the room?”

 

“My mom called so I got here in the sofa to talk to her but Baekhyun run out side shouting “Chenol’s name while sleep running.”

 

“Sleep running?” The word is more amuse than a question. Kai just nod.

 

“It’s Chanyeol.” Jongdae caresses Baekhyun’s face.

 

“It’s always him” Jongdae add in Kai’s confusion. Jongdae notices Kai’s face and warmly smiles to him.

 

“He’s a friend; A very good friend.” Kai shrug his shoulder a sign of uninterested and almost burst in to laughter but quickly cover his own mouth when he look in his shirt that it’s ripped in Baekhyun’s tight fist.

 

“I’m sorry about that!” Jongdae who’s softly laughing for Kai’s shirt is saying his sorry. The three of them didn’t tell anyone about what had happened in Baekhyun’s decision so no one will get worried.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“He’s a good guy, but I didn’t know his that dumb to ignore your feeling.” Baekhyun try his best to read Luhan’s mind. They were lying down under the tree near the soccer field. Luhan just finish his practice game.

 

“How did you know that I have feelings for him?” Luhan suddenly sit up from his lying position to face Baekhyun who’s still lying down the grass.

 

“You’re obvious, you always blush around him, interested in his topic even though it’s really boring and we can’t relate in his interest but still you manage to listen.” Baekhyun finally meet Luhan’s gaze.

 

“He’s not dumb, he just don’t know my feelings.” Luhan try his best to reason to Baekhyun.

 

“He knows, he just doesn’t acknowledge it.” Luhan burst in to tears after hearing this from Baekhyun.

 

“What are you saying? You don’t even think about my feelings before saying anything? You just hurt me.” Luhan start to weep.

 

“I’m not hurting you I just want you to realize something!” Baekhyun insist.

 

“What do you mean?” confusion made Luhan’s raging heart to calm down for a while.

 

“People don’t know what they have unless it’s gone.” Baekhyun say.

 

“I… don’t understand.” Luhan needs more explanation but Baekhyun didn’t let him.

 

“Stay by my side for long while until I say so. After that you’ll know what I mean.” Luhan just nod w/ false taught in his head w/c is Baekhyun’s intention in the first place. He knows that Luhan is thinking about moving on from Sehun w/c is decided by now base on Luhan’s expression. But it’s not the real plan of Baekhyun. Actually it’s the other way around. He wishes everything is going to be fine even though he knows that it’s not going to be easy especially in a Casanova like Sehun.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The both school is cheering for their player. While sitting in the bleacher, Kai and their friends including Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who is inseparable from Kris, is cheering for Luhan. The said sports event is held in their home school. After the shouting on top of their lungs, after their cheering w/c is worth it, the circle of Luhan’s friend gathers outside the locker to congratulate Luhan from winning. Usually, Luhan will be greeted by Sehun’s hug but since he need to move on, he chose to hug Baekhyun instead w/c earn a squeal from the latter.

 

“Yah! Yah! You’re sweating!!” Shout from Baekhyun. Sehun and Kai don’t like what they were sensing. On their point of view, they thought Luhan and Baekhyun are in more than good term. Sehun don’t understand this sudden change from Luhan. It should be him the one Luhan hugging after a game win or lose despite of its dripping sweat. It should be him the one Luhan giving his victorious smile after a successful match official or practice game. It should be him, It should be him.

 

“It’s a celebration then.” Kris announce w/o the feelings raging between their friends.

 

“Yeah right, its Saturday today it means you’re tonight’s black pearl Right hyunnie.” Luhan look at Baekhyun waiting for conformation.

 

“Yup!”A short but sure answer from Baekhyun. He can feel Kai and Sehun’s eyes boring to his head. One more push and he’s sure Sehun will realize everything.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing

I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream

You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying

Just once, I want to walk side by side with you

Taken by the soft wind to your world

You asked me brightly where I came from to your side And I told you that it was a secret

Wherever we walk together Will be paradise

You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael Who would remember you,

I will not forgive it Like the beginning when stepping into Eden

Believing you every day from the bottom of my heart

I always want to protect you So that even the small things won’t tire you out,

I’m eternally in love As your guardian,

I will block the stiff wind

Even though people turn their backs to you

If I could become the person Who can wipe your tears on a tiring day?

It will be paradise I, who has fallen in love with no other place to go back,

My wings have been fallen away (oh no)

Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness You are my eternity

Eternally Love

 

After Baekhyun’s performance, he was meeting w/ a hug in the back stage. He got shock at first, but he calm down when he recognize who it is.

 

“Hey Kai!” but Kai didn’t budge a single move.

 

“Hey! What happen?” Baekhyun is getting worried, he don’t know why Kai is like this. But he gets more shock when Kai start to sob.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! What’s happening? Why are you crying?”

 

“This is going to be our last hug, so please just let me.” This is the only reply he gets from Kai.

 

“Wait! Wait! Wait! I actually don’t get it! What do you mean?” He’s confused in Kai’s sudden action.

 

“I know there is something between you and Luhan and Luhan is my friend and I’m not going to intrude, I just want to let everything out for me to move on.” Baekhyun’s eye brow start to turn in to straight line, He don’t know what is up to Kai then suddenly Kai’s word start to sink in.

 

“BWO!” Kai’s heart beat skip when Baekhyun start to burst in to maniacally laugh. Baekhyun didn’t stop till it’s hard for him to breath, but the next thing Baekhyun did is unexpected.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun is sitting next to Kai while Baekhyun is performing at the stage. When Baekhyun is done in his number, Sehun is about to ask Kai something to his confusion Kai jolt up from his seat, he march and make his way to the back stage. Out of confusion Sehun follows Kai at the back stage and he can’t believe what he sees right now…. In Sehun’s view Baekhyun and Kai were kissing. After seeing this, Sehun walk fast as if his being followed by death.

 

After Sehun left, Baekhyun just looks at the door and make sure that Sehun have seen things in the other point of view. . “What’s going on?” Kai is confused in Baekhyun’s action. Baekhyun just answer Kai’s question w/ a mischievous smirk. Sehun came back w/ uneasy feeling. He doesn’t understand even if he bang his head in the table still he don’t understand.

 

“In Baekhyun and Luhan’s action these past few weeks, it seems that they have a thing but what about Kai….” He murmurs to his self, he got shock when someone taps his shoulder.

 

“Hey are you OK?” He looks in to the owner of the hands and meets eye to eye w/ Kyungsoo. He just nods his head to assure Kyungsoo that he’s fine. Kyungsoo just give him a small smile even though Sehun’s face tells the otherwise.

 

“Hey, what’s w/the smile Kai?” Sehun’s deep thought is interrupted w/ Kris’ voice.

 

“Oh! Nothing really!” but his 1000 watts smile still plastered in his swollen lips and he’s hair is a mess. Suddenly Kai whisper in Luhan’s ear. A second later after Kai’s whisper; Luhan stand up and make his way to the back stage.

 

“Where is he going?” Sehun ask.

 

“Oh! Nothing!” Kai answer w/ a giggle in to Sehun’s dislike.

 

“It’s been an hour after Luhan gone at the back stage, what took them so long?” Kyungsoo matters to Kris but loud enough to seep in Sehun’s ear w/c is sitting in his right side.

 

“There they are!” After a long of waiting, kai exclaimed. Sehun didn’t know when Kyungsoo and Kris did made their exit but the time he got his mind back the couple is gone. Maybe he’s that caught in his thought for him to miss the sudden disappearance of the couple. Sehun can’t believe what is he seeing right now, Luhan s his arm to Baekhyun and not only that they have both messy hair, clothes almost ripped in to pieces. Sehun reach his boiling point till he can’t manage to pull back his anger.

 

“What is the meaning of this? Are you two dating?” He accusingly pointed at the new arrived.

 

“A-hh, n-no.” Luhan hesitantly say while he avoids Sehun’s pierce eyes.

 

“Hey! Sehun! They were both Single don’t be such an old maid.” Kai joke at him giving a mischievous smirk to Baekhyun and Luhan.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Stop it Kai.” Luhan lower his gaze to cover his blushing face, but later on Luhan notice Kyungsoo and Kris is gone in their seat.

 

“Where are the lovebirds?” Baekhyun ask and got startled in Sehun’s reaction.

 

“I don’t know and I don’t care!!” Sehun snapped. He harshly slams his shot glass to the table and jolt up from his seat.

 

“Hey! Sehun! Where are you going?” Kai ask Sehun in mischief.

 

“To hell. Wanna come?” Sehun shout and making his way to the bar’s comfort room so Kai stop asking questions. Sehun slam the door at the comfort room and stare his reflection at the mirror remembering Kai’s words.

 

“Hey! Sehun! They were both Single and about to mingle don’t be such an old maid.” Kai joke at him giving a mischievous smirk to Baekhyun and Luhan. Sehun splashes water to his face to freshen up his uneasy feeling.

 

“What are you doing to yourself huh? Are you in drugs? Since when did you intrude to Luhan’s love life?” Sehun ask to his self while facing mirror and slam his own hands in the edge of the sink not contented in hurting his hands, he punch the wall till he can’t feel his fist. After realizing the unknown feeling, he walks his way out the bar. He headed to his car beside Kris car but before he manage to open the door of his car he notice Kris’ car is moving like it’s possessed or something. He’s confused of it and suddenly he heard moans and mewl from inside. Sehun decided to just ignore Kris’ car since he’s smart enough to know what’s happening inside. He goes home before any of his friend notice his absence at the bar. He just text Kris that he’s home already so they won’t get worried.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

On Monday early morning Kai and his friends, gather in the bench near the gate entrance to spend their time before the school bell ring.

 

“Sehun what happen to your face?” Kris burst in laughter after seeing Sehun’s face. Suddenly all his friends turn in to mess while laughing out loud aside from Luhan who just have awkward smile.

 

“You look like a zombie; what happen to you Sehun?” Kyungsoo ask.

 

“I watch scary movie and get scared and avoid sleeping.” Sehun say w/ his famous monotonous expression.

 

“And when did the word “scary” exist in mighty Sehun’s dictionary?” Kai is starting to tease Sehun because he’s sure the real reason is Luhan.

 

“I’m going now.” Sehun state before he got up to his seat and take step away from his friends.

 

What happen to him?” kyungsoo is confused in Sehun’s behavior lately and when he looks at Kris, Kris just shrugs his shoulder. Suddenly Kai burst in to laughter that earns Kyungsoo’s attention.

 

“Did you see his face?” Kai manage to ask while he’s a mess from laughing. He already caught the attention from the student near their place.

 

“Stop it Kai it’s not funny.” Baekhyun whine while looking at Luhan who’s sulking already in his seat. Kyungsoo just stare to Baekhyun he really doesn’t understand. Baekhyun just put his hands in Luhan’s shoulder and step pass him while saying that he really needs to go but got startled when Luhan run fast pass him and trying to reach for Sehun. “Finally!” Kai sighed that makes all his friends look at him confused.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mianhae for late update as I said before I don't have any gadget to help me to update instantly. Sorry for inconvenience and errors along the story.