First Day!

Which Fangs?

"T-Taeyang?"

He stops and looks at me. I feel like it has been so long since I seen him. I can't believe he is here. 

"Jae-ah?"

Even his voice seems to bring memories. Bad ones, and so many good ones. 

"I would hug you right now but..." Tae says with a chuckle

Jiyong moved from where he was standing and kicked him back outside. 

"Geez you're gonna muddy up the whole house! Don't cause more work for Chaerin and Jae-ah!"

Jiyong swipes his hands together. And even though he is smiling... His eyes seem unreadable to me.

"I'll show you around!" says Seunghyun dragging me away from the room.

The last thing I saw was a confused Chaerin and Sa-ra. And a still unreadable Jiyong. Of course Sunny smiling and waving me good-bye.

 

He quick drags me into what appears to be the laundry room. The room is surprisingly large and seems to be connected to what appears to be mini office areas. As I look around I can feel his stare. Finally I decide to look him back in the eye. His face seems unreadable as well. 

"I see you know Jiyong pretty well" states Seunghyun on his way to a closet.

"I have known you longer than I have known him. I have known him less than a day." The words come out slow as I try to figure out what he is going into Narnia for.

"Really?" the word almost comes out as relief.

He must have found what he was looking for. He stops and seems to examine it closely. 

"Here you go!" 

It is the traditional maid outfit. I am not sure I like it to be honest. It looks more lolita than anything. Not that I have anything against that. I am just surprised they advise you to wear them at work. 

"I'll go get your school uniform from the car and put it in your office. In the meantime see if it fits." I heard him leave the room and his long lanky legs skip steps up the stairs.

I walk into the office and look around. There seems to be everything already set up for me. Everything from a fish tank to cleaning supplies. I give one last look at the outfit before I put it on. I can not believe I am doing this. I put it on and I feel it may be a little tight. I strut around the room in it for a few minutes and it feels perfect! This has to be the most comfortable thing I have ever worn. But how?

~knock knock

I yell to come in. And Seunghyun steps in and admires it.

"More comfy than you thought huh?" He says noticing my smile.

"I feel like I could run a marathon in this thing... And I hate running!" I say beaming as I start doing odd dances in it.

"Well you can test that out tommorrow.. For today just watch what Chaerin does." 

"Yes, sajangnim!" I say saluting him farewell.

 

For a second I could not help but think.. What if Chaerin is mean to me? I wonder if something like that will happen. But I hope not today has been a very good day! I have no time to ponder I want to go explore the large mansion. I walk upstairs and find Chaerin grinning at me. 

 

"Hiya Jae! I am supposed to be your mentor for the week but I feel you should probably do the opposite as I do. Considering I am so klutzy and forgetful." She rolls her eyes and laughs. 

Nope.. This is going to be awesome! Aughh this is better than ANYTHING. So far it does not even seem like work! She brings me outside and shows me around. 

"This is where we go on our breaks sometimes. To be honest I wish we had more excuses to do things outside. But Taeyang usually keeps that under control."

She winks at me and we both laugh. We both know well what the real view is. A big smile is plastered on my face as we stroll through the Choi area. 

"This is the shed. Sometimes we have to come out here and get stuff from the top level for decorating and things. Certainly never to check any guys out." She says with a grin and we both break out laughing. I feel she is not serious about anything. Not about Taeyang or anything we have said on our walk. It is just pure fun. And I feel I might not want to go home after working with her.

~Bzz

Chaerin looked down at her wrist. A clock-like buzzer was blinking and vibrating. Chaerin tells me she has a quick deed to do. She runs off towards the house like I have been wanting to do in this outfit for the pass 45 min. Suddenly I turn around. And sure enough. There stands Taeyang. 

"Alright, how did you start working here?"  Tae says shaking his head.

"Long story.. I see you cleaned up."  I say chuckling.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked putting my hands on my hips and pretending to scold him.

"I could ask you the same question. By the way I have seen you have cleaned up as well" he says testing me.

"I go to nightschool now" I say putting my head down. I nearly forgot the reason why I am here. Then it hits me..

"Don't tell Seunghyun you go to day-school!" I say hoping he won't question me.

"I never talk to that prick anyway" 

"Hey! He got me this job! Do not talk so negatively about him!"  Those words normally never would have escaped his mouth. I don't understand. Just saying those words he seems like a whole different person!

Taeyang took a deep breath and peered at me. We just stood quietly.

"I'm sorry.. I let my anger get the best of me. I guess I am still a bit nervous of this job. I really want this for Daesung."

Taeyang gazed at me for a few more moments. Finally he his lips and opened his mouth to speak.

"You know. For a second there. I have no idea why exactly. But you looked and sounded just like your mom." He is the only person that knows about what my family situation is. Yet he seems more like family than my Father. And although I hate to say it. I have slowly forgotten her... My mother.

"I miss you Taeyang.. I'm scared" I have been so unsure about what I am doing.. I miss him next to me.

 

I stood there smiling at him endearingly. His warm brown eyes seem to allure. I feel as though I am looking at someone beyond human. As though he can convey more in one expression than anyone can put into words. 

 

 He holds my face and examines it. Our faces only a few centimeters away and his large gentle hands on my neck with his thumbs caressing on my cheeks. I can even smell the aroma of his cologne. I hold onto his face as he studied mine. He seems so innocent. I feel a kiss planted on my forehead.

"Nice to see you again Jae-ah. Take care of yourself." He says still smiling down on me as he smoothly puts one of my fly-away hairs behind my ear. He gives me a big bear hug and I can feel him resting his chin on my head. Since I spoke with him last about a year ago, this is the only time I have felt 100% safe.

~~~~~~~~Chaerin View

I am showing Jae around the garden areas. I really like her already she is going to liven up work here an unbelieve amount! We have already laughed and laughed and I feel I have known her for a long time. Which is funny because she seems to have that effect on everyone. We talked about dramas that are coming out and she told me about one she watched just the other night. I watch the same show and we were even talking about watching the new episode together! Finally after showing her the shed and Taeyang's work area I feel my wrist vibrate. I figure Sa-ra wants to know how Jae is doing. So I sprint to the house and run up the stairs until-

"Chaerin!Jiyong says stopping me. I noticed he had Sa-ra's watch in his hand. 

"It was me. You can go now I made some snacks on the table." I gave him a questionable look. But slowly walked towards the table and sat down. A second later he DIVES for the window and puts on some binoculars.

"What are you doing?" I ask feeling like a little sister.

"Get down! Get down!"  Jiyong yanked me to his level.

Sure enough I see Taeyang and Jae start talking at the shed. Jiyong seems to be fully concentrated on them. I question whether he is blinking at all. Although no signs of life on his face. You can pretty much hear the gears in his head working over time.

"! What are they saying?" 

Suddenly Taeyang holds her face and gets extremely close to her.

"Awww shiittt!! Look at him! I have been trying to hit that for over a year now!" I start laughing my head off. I really have not. I just see her as my sister already and like to joke around. I start rolling around laughing to death. 

Jiyong changes the dial and starts slamming on it. He keeps looking from the watch to the window and keeps pressing it repetitively.

", , , , . Chaerin why is it not working?!"

I start wiping the tears of laughter from my face and give out a few more wheezes to catch my breath.

Suddenly Jiyong stopped again. Complete silence filled the room. He ran downstairs and came back up with a watch. Ji looked at the window in pain. It looks like he was even wincing from the pain. A tear fell from his face and he wiped it away with his sleeve.

"Here! Take this and go out there and stop them!" I agreed realizing this may be more serious than I intended and bolted outside with the drinks in my hand. When I left my last glimpse of him was true despair. It looks like he has given up on life. It seems bleak and cold. When I got there it may have been too late already. Now I feel a little guilty about not being fast enough and not supporting Jiyong. I think as far as I have seen, her and Jiyong would be perfect together! I could never date him.. Mostly because I think two overly fun people can't be together. Both of them are extremely fun and dorky until it is time to work. Then they are perfectionists. To be honest I don't really feel very much chemistry with any of my co-workers. Except Jae of course. But I actually have a crush on a friend of Jiyong's. But I hardly ever get to see him. 

____ Jae's

As I watched him go in the shed to get his stuff I hear Chaerin panting. She hands me the drink tray and puts her hands on her knees to get a breather. After a while she puts out her elbow in an offer to hook it into mine. It is official.. This is my Unnie!

"Yah? You two have been having this much fun without me?"  Sunny pouts.

"Sorry we did not mean to Sunny-ah! It is just she is going to be a maid. It was not our intention to leave you out of the fun." Chaerin coos.

"You should have seen you two skipping arm in arm out there! With your cute outfits. I have the same one, too! All you needed was a yellow brick road!"

Chaerin laughs and says "I think you would be the lion!" 

 

After a long day of being introduced to children and cleaning some laundry me and Chaerin finally stop moving mentally and physically and seperate into our offices. I let out a big sigh of relief. Then again it felt more like a sigh of a good day. I study the fish in the tank for a while.Exploring my work area.

~knock knock

"Come in!" Right now I don't care who it is. I love everyone. I love Sa-ra and all the kids Sunny introduced us to and everyone inbetween. I even love these fish on a deep level. 

"Hello?"  Seunghyun says sticking his head in. "You almost ready for night-school?"

It sounds so exhausting yet I feel I am on such a good roll I don't really want to stop. 

"Yup!" I know Taeyang won't be there. But I need to start looking at things from the bright-side. All these good things are happening to me. If I don't enjoy them now I will miss them so badly if I ever lose them.

He pulls his head out and once again tramples up the stairs. I get into my school uniform and sit down for a few more minutes to relax. I hear Chaerin's door get knocked on. Then a rattling sound accompanies her after a good "suisuimasuri susuri sabaha" and I begin to giggle. Oh my unnie is the best! Then I hear "I'm sorry.."  I hear the opening of her door again and the clattering approaches mine.

~Thump

It sounded a lot more like a thunk than a knock.

"Come in?"

Jiyong came in. Oh how happy I am to see him! I have not seen him all day! He practically throws the plate onto my desk. And on his way to it he was glaring with the hatred of a million suns. But not directly at me. Although I feel it is directed towards me.

"J-Jiyong? Are you coming to school with us?"  I say worrying about what could make him this angry.

"I hate you both. I hate you even more though. Why would I go with you? Maybe you and sajangnim need more alone time. Don't even ask, I am not even going to awknowledge your existence at all. I won't walk home with you either. Matter of fact.. I never want to see you again. Don't come crying to me if you get jumped. You'd like that wouldn't you? Maybe if you call sajangnim's, Seungri's, Taeyang's or any other guy's name loud enough they will save you. Walk with Seungri or Seunghyun but stay the hell away from me." 

~Slam

I sit here.. Frozen.. All I can do right now is pack my bag. I don't have time to deal with this. What did I do wrong? I hope he is okay.. I better give him some time to cool down anyway.