Night School??

Which Fangs?

  I sit here alone on my loveseat. In the most odd position of hanging upside down. I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I glance at the clock :2:20 am. I shut off the television and head to bed. I trudge up my stairs into my bathroom. I look and standing in front of me is a 15 year old girl. Glossy black hair, dark brown eyes. Nothing special. Not the eye of the crowd. I begin to wash my face with warm water and my special face soap. I then pat my face dry and begin to undress. I slip on my older brother's t-shirt too lazy to retrieve my own. This is what highschool life is? I always wanted to be a highschooler and go to parties and make friends and have my first job. But my only job seems to be keeping the couch warm and watching dramas. I really feel useless. Living with my Oppa. Eating all the food he works for and using electricity and heat ect. At the same time he works two jobs and goes to college. I will make this up to him. I will job hunt like crazy tomorrow.

I lie down and pull the covers over my head. Trying to get the bad thoughts free of my head. I roll over and cat nap for a few minutes. 

~Chit chit. Squeeeaak. Click.

Oppa Daesung is home. Thank goodness. I hear him set down groceries on the island and undress from his coat and shoes in the downstairs hallway. 

~"haha... Je-ah.."

He must have saw my laptop and my desktop picture. It is a picture of him and I a few years back. At a mall at our old town. I smiled a little. At least now he knows I worry for him and think about him often. I heard the clunking of food being put away. He went shopping after school AND work?? He is SO going to get it when I wake up tomorrow!

I finally fall asleep after he peeked in my room and saw me sleeping. Thank you Oppa...

I wake up earlier than I should. I woke up at 8:00 am. I started looking through the paper for jobs. Grocery Bagger? *circles* LPN nurse. Nope...

I heard Daesung come down the stairs and I quick threw it into the oven. Paper? What paper? What is a paper it's 2014? You did not see anything. That did not just happen!

"morning Oppa!" I say with my worst acting, and awkward posing.

"Morning Je-ahh?"  He said raising an eyebrow at me.

I made breakfast and he accepted it with a smile. He really is no different  than he was when we were young. Surprisingly him being in college. He is quite innocent and this makes me question him. He must be up to something. If he is not than I will scold him. He should have time to do normal stupid man-college things.

"I am having some friends come over today. If you do not mind.. you do not have to be here if you don't want to"

I wanted to get up on the table and dance. My Oppa is finally being a normal man! Doing man things!! Plus this gives me a chance to job search without him knowing! It is going to be a good day! Wait... even better. Maybe he has a girlfriend coming over!!? This thought slightly angers me yet I am so happy!

"Oh sure. I was going out today anyway. Do you need anything?" I say trying to hold back my burst of questions.

"Could you go check on school and Dad? I think he needs to talk to you."

 I look away coldly. Trying not to show my hatred. How could he ask me something like that so non-chalantly? He is more of a principal than a Father. Just like a student before walking into his office, I become struck with fear. I see him as no more than a principal or boss. I hardly see him as that. I never seem to talk to him directly. I always just get a message from "the Boss." I am forced to watch over the school all day. Constantly stopping my studies. Like a stupid paroll officer. For nothing. After what he has done. Not even an apology nor even a hug. He just strolls around like nothing ever happened. Making me blame myself for what I have done. Why won't he share my blame? He must think I feel the same way. Like I do not care.

"yes"  I say. Not looking him in the eye. I finish and pick up his plate and wash the dishes. Then I head upstairs without saying a word. I am afraid no matter what I try to say. It will come out negative. Now not only has he takin' that away. Now he is taking my Daesung away by not letting me job-search. This better be important. It better be the most urgent thing possible. But it won't be. He probably needs me to make him tea. At least Daesung get's to have fun today. I really hope he does.

I start a cool shower and step in. It feels as though steam is coming off my back. I shampoo and condition my hair and clean myself squeaky clean. I then step out and dry myself with a towel best I can. I do not dare put makeup on. I would surely get into trouble. I straighten and brush my hair putting it into a high ponytail with a ribbon. "It looks so glossy!" I say trying to look at the bright side of things. I then put on my school uniform and repeat how to address him.

"dangsin-ui seobiseue.. My Lorduh" I say in my best English. I then bow at a 90 degree angle. He is old fashioned like that. I fit some of my makeup into my backpack hoping I will have time later today to job hunt for my Daesung. I sneak downstairs and open the oven again. Slipping the paper in my bag.

I start to walk to the academy. It was surrounded by much forest area. at the edge of town almost in the middle of nowhere. With a long sidewalk leading up to the large building.

"Making me come here on a stupid Saturday. Making me hold finding a job" I ranted walking up to the front. Watch it be something completely irrelevant. Maybe he did not want to get up. So he called Daesung to tell me to turn off the light. He did not even have the respect to talk to me about it. Maybe I have to chew his food. 

At least I do not have to live in a dorm. Because if I had to see his snotty, bossy, snooty, face everyday. I surely would have killed him by now. ~whoosh

My skirt nearly flew all the way up. Nearly completely revealing. I made a squeak noise of embarassment. As I walked into the school listening to none other than the sound of my shoes clicking the hard floor. I started to remember my fear. This building was so close to our old house. A freezing wind came from inside the school and I shivered at the aurora it gave me. It haunted me and I could feel nothing. It cleared my mind. I continued into the bathroom to check my bow and be sure I am in top condition to enter his office.

I set my backpack down. Letting out a sigh. I creeped up to his door. Which seems more like I was entering the gates to hell. Not only at the size but the loud, deep echo that rung throughout the whole school when you knocked. As though warning you before you go inside.

"Come!"

I entered. Not looking him in the eye. Watching my feet and having my arms straight. The carpet is the same it must have been when it was first built. Everything was the same. But my Father's love for the place was stronger and more reliable than anything you could find in here. It is as though the building was built around his desk.

I bowed and said the usual "dangsin-ui seobiseue.. My Lorduh.." I could tell from the silence, he wants me to stand straight and look him in the eye. He wore his usual long black hair in a small low ponytail in the back. He sat perfectly straight with his hands flat on his desk. He does look highly respectable. And he is.. He is the best Principal there is. But as a Father. He is nothing. He is not even a bad Father. He is just simply not even one at all.

I saw a boy of dark shorter hair beside him. Tall and looking as though he has pity for me. But still managing his high status mark pose. He looks much like my Father. Dark black eyes which seemed to show power and royalty. Yet, they had grey. As though a mist of wonder in them. He is the younger spitting image of my Father. As badly as I hate looking at him I want to hug him. I want him to be the Father mine never was.

"You no longer will go to day classes. Je-ya. I do not even want to see you anywhere near day class."

I want to yell and scream. Why would he do this? My Taeyang! Now he is taking away Taeyang!! The one that made me almost have the tiniest drop of hope in you! The one that makes my patrols and work worth it! Why?? My love and best friend! The one who physically saved me from YOU! And then afterwards mentally! If you just apologized and hugged me now I would have forgiven everything! Because I know it is the best for us. He reminded me everyday that it would be!

"Yes, my Lorduh."  I responded.

The boy seemed to have much sympathy for me. It is as though he can read my mind, I do not appreciate it. Even though he is across the room I feel he is abusing my personal space.

"This is Seung-hyun. He will be showing you around the night school and will be your protection"

Why would I need protection? Why would you be willing to send me some place I need it so easily? Why are you sending me to night school. Not that night school bugs me. Other than leaving Taeyang I do not really care. But why? Taeyang is all the protection I need.

"Yes, my Lorduh." I say ignoring the tears in my eyes. Trying to them back in.

"Annyeounghaseyo.. Seunghyun-nim. Dangsingwa hamkke nolyeog-eul dahagessseubnida.Sigan eulnaeeo jeoleul yonseohasibsio." I then bow and look him in the eye.

"Anyeoung. Jeya-shhi. Ani, Jeuleoum eun nae kkeoya. Mannaseo bangawoyo." He seemed to back away from me. Is he okay? He looks nervous and uneasy.

"I do not want to see you anywhere near day school.. Am I clear?"

I nod once more. "Yes, my Lorduh"

"You keep her away from day school also. And anyone in it. Especially if they are alone. That is your only mission other than to show her around the night school."

He bowed and responded the same as I and any other human. "Yes, my Lorduh" He has a low and rumbly voice.

"Leave" My Father ordered.

I walked out bowing one last time. Surprisingly Seunghyun-nim followed behind me. I could see his smooth pale skin behind me.  He walked briskly and smoothly. As though walking was a talent.

"Jeya!" He yelled still attempting a whisper.

"Yes, Seunghyun-nim?"

"You do not have to call me that. You could even call me Oppa if you like."

I stood bewildered at his answer. My Father hired him? I was expecting a manager/secretary kind of guy. 

"Are you okay? You seemed hurt in there." He said leaning down to get a little closer to my level. Trying to get more eye contact.

"Yeah, I'm used to it."

"I know you really do not want to. I know you may not like me. But please just endure it, okay? Where are you heading now? "

I am going to look for a job. Yes, for my Daesung. One of the few treasures I have. I will hardly ever see him anymore. Since he works and goes to school all day. An then comes home and sleeps.

"I am going to find a job."

"You are his daughter right? You have to pay for a dorm?"

He seemed very confused. Yet every word came out smoothly and with thought. He never seems to stutter or have any flaws. Everything just rolled of his tongue with a certain low rumble.

"No, I live with my Oppa a few blocks away. Hey, I have heard all night class is vampires , is that true?"

He looked at me as though I have lost my mind. And his eyes started to move up and down judging me. 

"Absolutely not! Anyway... If you live with your Oppa why would you need money?? Does he make you pay rent? How incredibly rude and idiotic! It looks like it may rain. I am going to walk you home!"

He seems to be a hot head. I know he may mean well by trying to walk me home. But that gives him no right. He burst his words out as if he was offended by what I just asked him! What a complete weirdo! I stop walking and look him in the eye.

"Hey! My Brother OFFERED to let me live there! I just lay there! Soaking up his AC and heat. Using his electricity. Taking showers and eating the food he works for!! The least I could do is pay a fraction of what he pays!!!"

He stops walking and looks at me. Surprised at my answer. We walk in silence for a few minutes. Which feels to be an hour.

"You must be an amazing dongsaeng..." He mutters not looking me in the eye.

"I.. I am not doing anything amazing or anything." Why am I blushing? Did he really just say that?

I will have to look for a job tomorrow. A whole day more of using my favorite man.

"I... I am sorry if I offended you." He announces when we reach my house.

"It is fine. You really did not. I am sorry for taking it too seriously."

"I might know a place you could work. I think I could get you in."

My head jerked up at him. "Really??  What is it a job as? Since you would have to help me in it would have to pay highly, right?" I am suddenly hanging on his arm staring happily at his face. Like a puppy looking at his owner. Like a puppy waiting for it's next command.

He chuckled for the first time at my reaction, We finally switched numbers and he told me a few things about the job he had in mind. It sounds easy enough! A maid? Plus it basically offers me my own house to live in while the owners are not there part the year! It's perfect!! I ran around in circles leaping of joy. I finally ran up and hugged him. 

"Thank-you, thank-you thank-you Seunghyun!!!"

"I said you can call me Oppa. I will take you there tomorrow, okay?" He says laughing happily as I swing on him and cheer. Messing up his uniform.

I waved goodbye and told him goodnight. This is SO great! Maybe night school will not be so bad!! I ran inside my house and excitedly and got ready for bed. Screw maybe. Night school is the best decision made for me ever!