Other Night Schoolers!

Which Fangs?

 I enter the house doing a little victory dance to wiggle out all the excited energy. I took off my shoes and jacket so now I am only wearing my bright white polo shirt, my plaid red tie, my plaid red skirt and my favorite white socks that go until the area of my leg in-between my knee and my mid-thigh. It had a little black bow at the top which matches with the black ribbon holding my ponytail. I am happy high, so I notice all the little good things in life. I keep involuntarily humming 2NE1's Fiore theme song for my dream scooter that I often hear. I suddenly hear the low rumbly voices of men and abruptly stop. I glance at the clock and it shows 1:07 pm. I nearly forgot about Daesung. I walk down the corridor making a quick U-turn for the stairs. I tip-toe up holding my breath. I make it to my room and put down my bag letting out a quiet sigh of relief. I put down my bag and get dressed in my normal clothing. I put on a shorter dress that was  the similar idea to skorts. I do not want to look like a e or have the wind blow again.. Besides my Oppa would kill me. I put on some light natural looking makeup. I slipped my ribbon out and brushed out my coal black hair. Putting it to the side braiding the ribbon into my hair. My favorite "the girl next door" look. I slipped on my converse looking wedges and headed out on my terrace.

 The wind was cold and the sun was extremely warm. I let the sun beat on my face and took in a deep breath of air. I got a flashback looking at the forest. It was just like the day I moved in with him. 

" -nd you get the terrace!" Daesung says inviting me into the room. ~Plop 

"Jinjjah?!" I raced excitedly to see the view. I leaned on the ledge wide-eyed in amazement and wonder. "Wowwww, it's so beautiful!" 

"You can see the beach from here if you look a little more closely. Right over there." Dae says strolling behind me with a big grin on his face and his hands on his hips. He took in a deep breath from his strenuous work.

"The waves are sparkling! Mom would be so proud if she discovered you work so hard to work here! But you should have the terrace. It is your house afterall!" I said trying my best to sound like an adult. Now that I think about it I pout and whine more now, and occasionally use aegyo now but I never did before.. Daesung claims I am aging backwards.

He walked next to me and looked down on me endearingly. Chuckling and patting my head. "That is why I want you to have it." 

I must have looked confused. Because he looked at me and began to explain his statement.

"Sometimes... if you look close enough at the sky at night-time. You can see her star. It is the second brightest of them all. Under the sun of course, and you would know it if you saw it. She is always watching us Jaeya. She is always there. You can get the best view of it right here. Just like night turns into day. Sometimes you can not always see or feel her. But the stars are never gone. They are just covered by clouds or by the sun of day. Right?"

I listened to every word. I absorbed it and stared at him in wonder and amazement. As though he was the Oz that knew all.

"So can you promise me something?"  Oppa says directing his grey eyes back to me.

"Anything!" I said in a determined voice, wanting to please him so badly.

"Don't ever let clouds into your life. Just look closer and look forward to tomorrow. But be sure to enjoy today while you have it  also." I pondered his statement trying to understand. Until it made sense. He wants me to be able to always see the good in things.

"You are my sun Oppa. Some days it may rain and the clouds may cover you. But you always tell me to enjoy it because it is still a moment in my life, right? Whenever you are not here it is dark and dreary. And without you, my life would not exist. You always come back. Soaking all the water away and causing the land to be green and full of life once again."

He seemed blown away by my answer. After all I was only eleven. 

'I guess I was wrong. You can see her in the day-time, too." He said and began to laugh.

"Really?? Where?"

"You are so much like her. Your laugh, determination, sweet voice, stubborness, intelligence and sense of humor. Just look in the mirror. Sometimes, I swear when I look into your eyes I am looking at her. You are such a beautiful girl Jaeya. No scratch that, the most beautiful. Just like Mom. Don't let anyone tell you different. Who knows, maybe Mom lives inside of you now. And the only way she can show herself is through that star. I want you to have this."

He shuffled through some of the stuff in the box he brought into the room. He gave me her perfume and some of the stuff left from her room. I touch the small jar on my chest and played with it in my hands. Feeling every crease and curve on it. I remember the day I put a few drops in here to put around my neck. I could always pop the cork. And a warm feeling would always embrace me when I took a whiff of the sweet vanilla-cocnut smelling aroma.

"Annyeoung Jaeya!!" I smiled at the awakening. Ah, the sun has risen. 

"Annyeounghaseyo Oppa!" I echoed back down the stairs.

 I can tell by the silence he wants me to go down there. But I really do not want to. Speaking makes me nervous. I stealthily slithered my way downstairs and peeked around the corner of the stairs into the living room. I found seven men staring at me and I suddenly felt like this would turn into one of those dreams I am not wearing pants. I smiled at them and they smile back like old friends meeting at a Cafe thirty years after seeing eachother last. I noticed one in the corner who was focusing on something else in his head. I am happy, that is one less person looking at me. 

"A-annyeounghaseyo." I say bowing and blushing. 

"Annyeoung!" They all coo grinning at me. All but of course the man in the corner.

I start to clench onto the bottom of my dress tightly. I also want to be a doctor. So being surrounded by people also studying it makes me want to fan-girl a little. I also find myself combing my fingers through my mane often when nervous. But all the hair I have now to save me is my bangs.

"You sing well!" A man with dyed red hair teases. It made me realize these guys can not be that much older than me. Four years at the most. And he looks only a year or two older. I became a little less uneasy at the idea and it comforted me.

"I was humming!"  *pout*  I say trying to distract from my flaming cheeks.

"She is really cute!" said the fourth man excitedly. Which made me blush really bad. I smiled and quick looked away to tell him I am bad with compliments but still am flattered. Which he seemed to find even more cute.

I glance around the room. They were all surrounding the glass coffee table. Or there used to be a coffee table there. Scattered papers, notes and flashcards cover it now. One of them kept glancing at me to his paper. He would scan his notebook and turn to me and his smile would grow. He had his pencil in his lips while checking his work and would stop to look and smile at me often. Half-way absorbing in the conversation. They filled up all three couches and they seemed dressed professionally. I remember what I am wearing and become self-conscious. Seeing the man in the corner and the man glancing at me from his notebook reminded me what I was doing.

"Miahnheyo! I did not mean to disturb your thoughts. Forgive me and be sure to make yourselves at home!"

"Ahnee ahnee. Gwenchana! We were just about to take a break anyway." said a man in fashion frames which made him look the same age as me. He dramatically throws his hands and head over the back of the couch and lets out a giant sigh and stretches out a little.

"Yah, you all look exhausted! How long have you been here? You should get a well-deserved break!" I say realizing how stiff some of them are. Except that guy in the corner who seems to be fine running mental marathons.

"We have not been working that long. Just a little while after you left this morning." says Daesung looking confident.

"That was about 5 hours ago! Do not make it something small, it is a big deal! How do you expect to absorb anything if you are too tired to keep your eyes open! You all go get some fresh air by taking a walk. I will have food on the patio when you return."

"No really we are not even hungry!" Red hair even went through the trouble of running up and stopping me from entering the kitchen.

*grumble grumble grumble*

I raise my eyebrow at him and he looks away awkwardly biting his lip and scratching the back of his neck. When I peer up at him doing that I remember he must be a nineteen or maybe even a eighteen year old young man (legally a man). And that look on his face I find crazy cute.  I also remembered I am seventeen and that a relationship is possible. I blush and playfully begin pushing him towards the door. 

"Go on! Shoo shoo!" I help a few of them with their jackets and shoes. I always get this way around people I am comfortable with. I adopt them and they become my children. The man in the corner stands up and looks around boringly. Ready to follow the others.

"Fine, Seungri you stay here with her then." The guy from the corner gets a real expression on his face and looks at him as though he will be left with a murderer.

"Yah, Maknaes you stay here and have fun. You two are the same age and both of you need to socialize more. Seungri, sitting in the corner not even bothering to say hello to her. And you not even bothering to yell at him for it." says the man with glasses.

This Seungri looks pretty pissed at them. Glaring at them, but at the same time he has a "don't leave me Mommy" look on his face.

"But don't let Seungri do anything. If he does I will kill him." says the man who appears to be the oldest. 

Seungri looked at him frusturated and confused for a second. When it hit him his face burned. And he glanced to his side to look at me. The first time he actually awknowledges my existence. I am only a few inches from him. He takes a few steps away, beginning to feel uncomfortable. He tries to cover up his blushing by yelling and getting more angry. But everyone can tell what he is trying to do and laugh.

"Yah, do not have too much fun!" Yelled the blonde one.

The redhead looks back at me for reassurance. So I wave and smile at him and Daesung.

"Go on. What are you waiting for? Christmas?"

They all walk away and they keep looking at me from the corner of their eye. Are they talking about me?

I shut the door. ~click  Seungri is standing near me waiting for me to give him direction or lead him to the kitchen. I turned to look at him and he jerks his head the other way. I hear him murmuring rude things and it made me smile. Poor Maknae. I lead him into the kitchen and his face is still red. Partly from anger and the other is shyness. I want to make him feel better and make him realize I am not so bad. So I begin to joke with him.

"This is a cutting board. This is a kanif." Everytime I say this I nod. I say everything really clearly as I place everything on the counter. I purposely say knife incorrectly to make it funnier. "This is a watermelon." I say picking up the heavy watermelon from the fridge and plopping it on the cutting board. He stares at the items I was placing. 

"You take the knife........... and put it in the garbage, then go outside and cut it like a Fruit Ninja." I say nodding my head slowly.

He smirks a little and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. But immediately looks away again.

"Grrr Soongee Oppa why are you so stubborn and angryyy" I say pouting and throwing my head on the table dramatically. 

He looks out the window oddly. Then he finally looks at me and says "Because they are mean to me Jaeya" he says pouting.

He chuckles a little bit and calls me crazy. Shaking his head, he picks up the knife and begins to cut the watermelon. I start to skewer pineapple, chicken and other foods on kabobs. When I walk by next I pinch his cheek and say "awwww, poor Oppa." I thought for sure he would get mad and throw my hand away. But he just took it an smiled. He made a chit noise and began placing the watermelon in a bowl I put next to him.

"It's not as easy as it looks you know. Being the Maknae. Especially those guys's Maknae." He says glancing up from the other side of the island and looking back down.

"Look who you are talking to! I am the Maknae everywhere I go! I could swear I was the youngest person in town! I am the Maknae of my family and all my friends.'" I say bringing the cut melon outside and placing it on the table.

"At least they care for you. One time.. Jiyong hit me with a car. Not only that, but he yelled "Get out of the way!" ...after I was hit. And then afterward he bought me a cake and put "my bad" on it. He says finally smiling.

"Jinjjah??" I said beginning to laugh pretty hard. I put some veggies in front of him to chop up. He kept looking up at me more and more. I also kept getting deeper into this talk and I am beginning to think he is really cool and funny.

"It's not funny Jae!" he says whining."When I opened my eyes, I thought I was in hell. Looking Satan in the eye. Then I found out I have no such luck and it was Jiyong smacking me trying to wake me up!"

I started to laugh so hard I could not breathe. I put my head down on the counter to hide my red face. He started to laugh hard, too. 

"You are laughing so hard you're crying Jaeee. It's not funny I said!" He says inbetween bursts of laughter.

"You are crying, too! Don't make me look bad."

"It's the onions!" he claims.

"Do you want to know the secret to not crying when cutting onions?" I ask him and he responds looking really interested.

"What?" He asks looking at me curiously.

"Don't get emotionally attached to them.." He grins at me and flicks me in the forhead. I pretend to be hurt and lay on the ground. "I see... a light.. I must go to it.. OH NO IT'S JIYONG!!!!" I say jumping to my feet. We both started laughing so hard we could not even stand. We just lay on the ground in tears. And everytime we look at eachother we laugh again. He has the most goofy laugh I have ever heard and I started to die. Everytime we nearly rise to our legs, weak with laughter. We would look at eachother and start again and fall. 

I finally managed to stop and get up and grab Sunny10 from the fridge and placed a dozen on the patio table. I grabbed the salad he cut and also put it on the table, grab the kobabs from the grill and place them out. After that I made ramyeon and I put some kimchi out on the table. I then poured out how many types of chips and snacks and placed them on the table. After that I went and enjoyed the patio. I stood leaning on the ledge. I closed my eyes and felt the cool autumn breeze caress my face. I open my eyes again and see the acres of adventure that is before me. I soon heard Seungri shut the patio door and his footsteps walking towards me. 

"It is not wise to just stand out here. It is getting cold, Jae."

I stood there silently to show I am not going back in. I felt him put his jacket on me and he leaned on the railing next to me.

*sigh* "You really are stubborn"

"Do you want to hear a Maknae story, Seungri?" I say smiling but not bothering to look at him.

"How could it beat getting hit by a car?" He asked chuckling. I could sense him smiling at me and it made me smile even bigger.

'"It is pretty close." I say laughing just thinking of it. I start blushing and he must notice. Because he switched positions and scooted even closer to me.

"I was at a sleepover with my friend Rin. And she was in the bathroom doing my hair. Well, she forgot some things and went to go get them from the sink. So I stood up and moved over. But she saw a bug and started to run for her life. And in the process..."

Seungri seemed to be really curious. He was leaning in and watching me closely.

"annddd... you fell in the toilet or what?" He seemed certain that was the answer and began to laugh.

"And I slipped into the laundry shoot and fell straight down to her basement and landed perfectly in a basket."

His eyes get huge and we both started laughing. He seemed intrigued by the forest in front of him. 

"I really had fun today. I don't think I have ever had this much fun. But you realize when the guys get back we will have to ignore eachother again, if we do not want a hard time. But at least I can get away from them in high-school." He says looking so relieved that he gets time away.

"You go to the highschool here?!" I asked excitedly.

"Yup. But I go to night school and do not know very many people."

"I am switching to night school on Monday!" I say filled with joy and delight.

"Jinjjah? That means we should have most of the same classes."

"Yup!" I say sounding slightly childish.

"Ya know... ummm.... well... it gets dangerous at night..anndd"

I stare and his face is becoming red again. I tilt my head curiously trying to understand.

"I could... I could... ya know. Walk you home.. If you wanted.. Annddd maybe we could stop and get an.. icecream or something.. If you want! It is totally up to you!" He stood in front of me twitching and moving uncomfortably.

I touched his hair and started to evaluate him. I still have not really gotten a good look at him. His black hair was short and a little messy from all the rolling on the floor we did.

"Yes! Definately. That would be awesome." I say finally looking him in the eye.

He seems surprised at my answer. He scoots over and stre..tches... Is he trying to put his arm aroun-

~WHOOSH. SLAM!

"OH SORRY ARE WE INTRUDING?!" Yells the blue and blonde ones fake coughing.

Seungri whipped over the railing and fell flat on his back. Now we are all howling with laughter and I swear if I laugh any harder I could die. The redhead who I assume is Jiyong now runs out and says

"What did I miss?!?!"

But the rest of us are already sprawled out on the floor with pain in our chests. We are trying to get up but every time we walk two steps we stumble like total drunks.

After a while we all sat around and ate together. But Jiyong seems angry with me. He keeps sticking his nose in the air and getting angry whenever I say anything. My phone starts to ring from the other side of the table and Jiyong ran to it before I could get there. I started to try to grab it from him but he just held my head at an arm distance away. Why are you so tall? 

"Let's see what it says. It is probably from her boyfriend." He says teasingly trying to read it.

"Leave the poor girl alone why do you care? You are just a simple night schooler." Says the blonde one chewing his food.

I stop fighting and Jiyong stares at me confused at why I stopped and why I am looking at him the way I am.

"You go to the night school here?!" I ask curiously and I feel so happy I am full of electricity.

"Yeah so? Is that impressive or something?" He says rolling his eyes still mad at me.

"I am going, too! Monday is my first day!"

He gave a glance to me trying not to care, I looked into his eyes full of excitement.

"Are you really?" He looked at me curiously and looked a bit worried.

I grabbed his arm and hugged it and began to jump up and down. He blushed when I did this. Does he have a secret shy side?

"We should sit next to eachother in all the classes we have together Oppa!" I then leaned my head on his shoulder saying "Pleeeaaasseee! Please Oppa I really like you!"

Everyone gasped and I think I saw Seungri glare at Jiyong. "Okay, okayyy" he said throwing his arms around my shoulders and rubbing his nose into my cheek giggling.

~Kring kring

Jiyong looked at my phone and read the text. "It is from a guy named... Seung..Hyunn and it says........."

He hands me the phone and I read them.

Seunghyun: Can not wait until tomorrow night. See you in the morning ;)

Seunghyun: I will text u when i get there. See you soon.

"What the heck is that about Jae?"

"No, no you see he is supposed to show me around the night school. He is also apparently supposed to be my bodyguard." I explain.

After everyone left and I had a heart to heart to Daesung about school and work I went to bed. I eventually fell asleep tired from all the fun I had. I was warm and comfortable until my alarm went off. The sun is not even up yet. Neither kind. I got up and stretched and was about to walk into my bathroom and thought "Wait I go to NIGHT school." I rolled back in bed and went back to sleep. I took off my shorts because they were making me itchy and irritable. And no one will be home all day anyway. I started to hum the Lazy Anthem and giggle. Night School.. best...decision..ever. Half an hour later I heard a door creak and I heard footsteps. Daesung is going to come kiss me and leave. I felt his hair tickle my nose and I sprung into action. Play wrestling just like when were little kids. I pinned him down laughing on my bed. Can not get up now! I felt his cold hands under my shirt trying to squeeze me till I get off. Nice try Daesung. That never worked never will. "I won!!" I say happily opening my eyes to see my victory treat the look on his face is..... Not Daesung. I suddenly hear a door creak open and there stands Daesung. We stay like that. Our faces more red than humanly possible. Well... Life is overrated anyway.