Impossible

Weightloss

          The past week of practice and promotions had been full of sleepless nights for the group of boys. Staying out late to get in extra practice and also attending photo shoots and talk shows during the day drained them of all energy. Xiumin and Chen had seen little of each other outside of work. They came home and went straight to bed after working from sunrise to the early hours of the next morning. Finishing with the concert they’d been practicing for, they found themselves grateful for the end of the hell-like week of promotions. The company was generous enough to grant them a short break as well. The boys gathered in their living room as Suho announced that they were being given the break. A chorus of cheers erupted from the group. Xiumin looked to Chen, who was sitting beside him on the couch. Chen had a big smile plastered on his face, despite the fact that he had dark circles under his eyes and was noticeably tired. Chen looked to Xiumin as the others continued shouting and whooping like monkeys. He pulled him into a hug and held him tight. Xiumin felt himself relax in his arms.

          “We’ll finally have some time for each other,” Chen whispered into Xiumin’s ear.

Xiumin buried his face into Chen’s neck. They’d only been on one date as a couple and Xiumin had been looking forward to the next time they would be able to go out. Their small moment together was interrupted as the others noticed them embracing.

          “Looks like they already know what their doing on their break!” Baekhyun said with a laugh.

Xiumin pulled away from Chen, embarrassed by the sudden attention.

          “Oh please, unlike you and Chanyeol, we don’t feel the need to show our ‘appreciation’ for each other every chance we get,” Chen retorted.

The boys laughed at Baekhyun’s shocked and spluttering face. Chanyeol even laughed at his boyfriend’s face.

          “Arasseo, arasseo… We all need to get some rest. We’ve had a long week and it’s already 3:30,” Suho said.

No one protested against him either. They all went to their respective bedrooms, but Chen grabbed Xiumin’s hand as the others shuffled off.

          “Will you stay with me tonight?” Chen asked.

          “You don’t think Lay would mind?” Xiumin asked back.

          “He won’t as long as we don’t do anything aside from sleep,” Chen said with a wink.

Xiumin smacked his arm lightly.

          “Yah… There will be only sleeping happening!” Xiumin said.

          “Of course. I never said otherwise—you’re the one with the mind of a byuntae!” Chen teased, standing up from the couch and quickly heading to his room before Xiumin had time to hit him again.

          “Yah!” Xiumin shouted, going after him.

Xiumin turned down the hall just in time to watch Chen walk through his door and into the room, leaving it slightly open for Xiumin to follow. Xiumin approached the door and pushed it open. He found walking into the unfamiliar room odd. He’d seen the inside of the room before, but never fully entered. He walked in and closed the door behind him, leaving the room pitch black as the door cut off the light from the hallway. Xiumin froze, giving his eyes time to adjust to the darkness. He saw the outline of two beds and a person was sitting on the edge of one. He began to move toward the person, who could only have been Chen. Chen moved to the other side of the bed, to make room for Xiumin, who curled up next to the younger as the blankets were pulled over the both. Wrapped in Chen’s arms, Xiumin breathed in his boyfriend’s scent and slowly fell asleep.

 

          The next morning, the morning light filled the room. Xiumin squinted against its harshness and turned away from it. He was met with Chen chest, which he gladly pushed his face against to shield himself from the light. Chen, who was already awake, smiled at Xiumin’s reaction to the light and squeezed him closer. The older boy made an irritated noise as he was smashed against the other, causing Chen to laugh. Xiumin looked up at his face with sleepy eyes.

          “Good morning, hyung,” Chen said.

          “Mm?” Xiumin mumbled.

Chen laughed again and kissed Xiumin’s nose.

          “You’re too cute when you wake up,” he said.

Xiumin rolled onto his back and rubbed his eyes with his hands.

          “What time is it?”

          “A little past noon,” Chen replied.

Xiumin sighed, but he was glad to have caught up on the sleep he’d missed the past week. And of course, sleeping in Chen’s arms, he’d slept better than ever.

          “Are you hungry?” Chen asked.

          “Not really,” Xiumin replied, “are you?”

Chen shook his head.

          “No… besides, I just want to stay here like this for a while.”

Xiumin hummed in agreement. He felt comfortable and safe lying with his boyfriend. Chen scooted closer and started pressing light kisses on Xiumin’s neck, tickling him with his warm breath. Snuggling under the blankets kept the two warm, despite the cold air that filled the dorm. From outside the room, they could hear footsteps and voices from the living room. Some of the others must already be up, Xiumin thought. However, he heard a voice he didn’t quite recognize. It sounded as if it was getting closer too. The owner of the voice stopped outside Chen and Lay’s door, speaking to someone on the other side.

          “I heard that you were all given a break, so I figured I would come to visit Jong Dae,” the unfamiliar voice said.

          “Ne, I’m sure he’ll be glad to see you, hyung,” a different voice said.

Lay, Xiumin thought, recognizing the second voice. Chen was still kissing him, not paying any attention to what was happening outside the door.

          “Chen,” Xiumin whispered breathily, trying to get his attention.

          “Mm,” Chen mumbled against Xiumin’s neck.

Just before Xiumin could say his name again, the door opened and a person he didn’t recognize entered the room, followed by Lay. Chen pulled away from Xiumin and turned to see who had interrupted them. Then it was as if the room was in slow motion—the man and Chen both froze as they made eye contact, Lay stood awkwardly to one side, and Xiumin found that all he could do was glance wide-eyed between the others.

          “Hyung,” Chen finally managed to get out.

The man blinked twice with a look of surprise painted on his face.

          “Jong Dae…”

          “What are you doing here?” Chen asked.

          “I heard you had some time off and thought I’d come to visit you,” the man said, furrowing his eyebrows.

          Xiumin sat up slowly, sensing the tense atmosphere. Lay met his eyes and gave an almost imperceptible shake of his head.

          “Who is this?” The man asked Chen while taking in Xiumin’s messy hair and flustered appearance.

Chen cleared his throat and swallowed.

          “Um, er, hyung… This is, well… This is Xiumin, my, um, boyfriend…” Chen said while trailing off.

The man’s eyebrows drew even closer together and he turned his head slightly to the side, giving Chen a look of confusion.

          “Your boyfriend?” The man questioned, obviously not pleased.

          “Ne, hyung,” Chen said.

The man narrowed his eyes and looked at Xiumin again. Xiumin could feel his cheeks get hotter and was sure that this was not the best situation to be meeting someone new—his hair was a mess from sleeping, his face turned a bright shade of pink, and his neck covered with red marks from Chen’s kisses. Despite the tense air, Xiumin thought it would be best to introduce himself and try to diffuse the situation.

          “Annyeonghaseyo… My name is Xiumin. I’m Chen’s, um, boyfriend,” he said softly.

          “My name is Kim Jong Deok. And while I’m sure that I’m Jong Dae’s brother, I’m afraid there’s no way you can be his boyfriend.”

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry this update took so long! As you know, I've been planning all sorts of fun stuff for later chapters~heheh. I hope you enjoyed the little Hunhan bonus chapter <3 I really enjoyed writing it xD Awkwardness is my specialty (as you can see from what just happened in this chapter >.<) I decided to have a little family drama~~ Introducing Chen-Chen's brother! Yay~ Alright... anyways... Thanks for reading! Please comment, subscribe, upvote, etc... Saranghaeeeee <3