First Impressions (HunHan Bonus Chapter)

Weightloss

     

HunHan Bonus Chapter-First Impressions

(A/N: This is a flashback chappie to trainee days xD Enjoy!)

 

    Luhan approached the SM building with a look of determination. He was a trainee at the company and had been for a little over a month now. One thing was sure though; he was happy there. He was able to sing and dance to his heart’s content and he’d made many new friends among the trainees even though he was Chinese. He had been a little worried that the other trainees wouldn’t be very welcoming because he was not from Korea, but everyone was very nice to him. This was partially due to the fact that most people didn’t even know he was foreign. After attending a language school, he could speak Korean fluently with only a slight accent. He was grateful that he had learned the language before arriving in Korea, because it allowed him to fit in and to audition for SM entertainment. He entered the building in front of him and headed toward the practice rooms. He was up uncharacteristically early because he wanted to practice a section of a song before meeting with his friend Min Seok. Min Seok was his closest Korean friend. The two boys were both avid soccer fans and both happened to be trainees close in age at SM. Although the pair might’ve looked very young, they were both almost 20-years-old. Luhan’s baby face and large eyes made him appear so much younger. Luhan sighed to himself as he made his way into a practice room and finished reflecting. He slipped on a pair of headphones and plugged his phone into the speaker. He had some work to do before meeting Min Seok. He needed to get the right amount of feeling into the song they were working on; however, Luhan had little experience with the genre they were working on. The duo was currently learning a love ballad, but Luhan didn’t have much knowledge in the world of love. He had had a girlfriend once-upon-a-time, when he was still in China, but it had not been a serious relationship and they’d broken up after a couple of weeks. Sure, Luhan could sing the lyrics, but they lacked meaning. After trying to sing the song for the nth time, Luhan grabbed the headphones from his head and leaned his head against the wall. He needed a break. It was about 10 am, and Luhan could feel his stomach growl, demanding the breakfast Luhan had skipped earlier. Luhan shrugged and unplugged his phone, leaving the practice room. As he opened the door, Luhan looked down to check his text messages. Closing the door behind him, he began to move forward when he crashed into somebody coming from the opposite direction. Luhan’s phone tumbled out of his hands and landed face-up on the ground. Luckily the screen did not crack. He bent over to pick it up, but the person he’d run into beat him to it. As both of them stood up, the other boy handed Luhan his cell phone. Luhan lifted his eyes to the boy’s face and his eyes immediately widened. The boy was gorgeous. He had a perfectly sculpted face and his jaw line was rigid and well-defined. His pale skin was complemented by his short dark brown hair and dark chocolate eyes that Luhan was currently swimming in. Luhan finally came to his senses and realized his mouth had been hanging open. He quickly closed it and straightened his back.

          “Annyeonghaseyo…” Luhan said, unsure of what to say to the handsome boy in front of him.

          “Annyeonghaseyo,” the boy responded; his mouth barely twitching at the corner as if wanting to smile.

          “Oh. Ah… My name is Luhan,” Luhan said suddenly.

The boy’s mouth twitched again and the corners pulled up ever-so-slightly into a small smile. Luhan blinked twice and nodded, his eyes never leaving the other’s. When the other boy said nothing, he swallowed nervously. Think, Luhan. Say something.

          “So are you new here?” Luhan asked after clearing his throat.

The boy thought on this for a moment before responding.

          “Relatively… I’ve auditioned before, but this is my first week as an official trainee,” he answered.

          “I see… Would you like me to show you around?”

          “I know my way; thank you.”

          “I see,” Luhan repeated again, not really knowing what to say next.

The boy looked at his feet, a small grin tugging at his lips. He then lifted his eyes to meet Luhan’s and Luhan was thrown for a loop again. The boy’s eyes were pulling Luhan in more every second. The boy raised his eyebrows and cocked his head slightly.

          “Well… I’ll see you around then?”

Luhan could only nod in response. The boy wetted his lips, nodded, and then walked past Luhan. Once the mysterious boy was gone, Luhan let out a puff of air that he didn’t know he’d been keeping in. Who was he? The boy never introduced himself, even after Luhan had told him his name. Luhan’s eyebrows furrowed and he stood in the middle of the hallway. Holding his phone in both hands, Luhan was startled when it began to ring. He answered it immediately.

          “Annyeong?”

          “Luhan! What are you doing?” Min Seok’s voice said on the other side of the call.

          “Ah… I’m…” Luhan trailed off.

What was he doing again?

          “Hm? Where are you then?” Min Seok asked when the other didn’t answer the question.

          “Coming from the practice rooms,” Luhan said, still in a state of shock after his encounter with that boy.

          “Oh, perfect,” Min Seok said.

Luhan then heard a soft beeping, signaling that the call was over just as Min Seok rounded the corner to spot Luhan standing stupidly in the middle of the hall. Min Seok beckoned him forward.

          “Come on; let’s get something to eat,” he said.

Luhan could only nod and shuffle forward as the two walked to the canteen. Just who was that new trainee?

 

          After entering the canteen, Luhan regained his senses and remembered what he’d been going to do before his encounter with the boy. His stomach growled as the smells of food entered his nose. He and Min Seok got their food and went to sit at a table. Min Seok ate his food enthusiastically while Luhan began to tell him about the boy.

          “He appeared out of nowhere! And we ran into each other, which made me drop my phone. But he reached down and picked it up and then when he looked at me, I just froze! His eyes were so deep and perfect… But the best part was his jaw line! It was so sharp! It could cut something, I swear! I have no idea who he is, but… but… he, well… he…” Luhan trailed off.

          “You like him?” Min Seok asked.

          “I don’t know! I mean… just from looking at him… I’m not sure. He was attractive beyond imagination, but he seemed kind of like he was a player, you know? I don’t know,” Luhan said again, shaking his head.

          “There are plenty of attractive people around. I mean, everyone here is trying to become an idol, so they kind of have to be nice to look at,” Min Seok said as he finished his waffles.

          “Yeah, I suppose. His eyes just had so much depth. Like he had a secret hidden behind them!” Luhan was getting more excited the more he talked about the boy.

          “Why don’t you talk to him again then? Ask for his number,” Min Seok said plainly.

          “Hmph. I couldn’t do that. I made a fool out of myself. I just stood there and said stupid things. He probably thinks I’m an idiot now,” Luhan said hopelessly.

          “You’ll never know unless you try talking to him again though… And I mean, it can’t hurt to try,” Min Seok pointed out.

          “Arasseo…”

The two boys then proceeded to put away their trays and return to the practice rooms to work on their ballad. The only difference now was that Luhan found that when he sang, the strange boy from earlier popped up in his head. He pushed away the images of him at first, but after realizing that they conjured the right sort of feelings meant of the ballad, Luhan gladly let his thoughts wander to the boy.

 

          The following day, Luhan woke up quite late. It was almost noon when he first opened his eyes. The sunlight coming through his windows met his eyes harshly and he squeezed them shut. However, Luhan still needed to perfect the ballad before he returned to meet with his voice coach tomorrow. He would have to go in to practice no matter what. He might as well get started. He reluctantly got up from bed and got dressed. He then headed out the door. He found that as he was on his way to the SM building, he began to crave bubble milk tea. His favorite shop was close by and it wouldn’t hurt to drop by for some… He turned to go to the shop. There was a small line at the counter and Luhan stood at the end. The wait would be worth it once he got his tea. He made it to the front and ordered a medium taro boba tea. He paid and then stood at the end of the counter to wait for his drink. He looked around at his familiar surroundings. He enjoyed bubble milk tea very much and frequented this shop often. The ahjumma who owned the small shop would sometimes give Luhan a cookie or a small dessert with his tea, which he gladly accepted. While lost in thought, Luhan did not notice the tall boy who came to stand next to him until the boy nudged him with his elbow. Luhan looked up to see that it was the boy from the day before! His eyes widened.

          “You!” Luhan said.

The corner of the boy’s mouth lifted slightly, but he remained looking forward.

          “Me,” he said, smirking.

Luhan narrowed his eyes. This boy was playing with him. Luhan turned to face forward as he waited for his tea, willing it to come faster. His thoughts about the boys were correct. While he had a handsome face and body, he was just a player. He leapt forward when the worker placed his drink on the counter. He grabbed it and turned to leave when the boy grabbed his arm. He looked down where the boys hand met his forearm.

          “Oh Sehun,” the boy said.

          “What?” Luhan asked, confused.

          “My name—Oh Sehun.”

Luhan’s eyes grew as he realized that the boy was finally introducing himself. He let himself relax for a moment and glanced up at his eyes. Which was a mistake. Luhan once again found himself floating in the boy’s—Sehun’s—eyes.

          “If you’re going to the SM building, wait for me. We can go together,” Sehun said.

Luhan stood there and observed the taller boy. He was still gorgeous. But Luhan could sense some kind of nervousness when he said he wanted to walk together. Was his first impression incorrect?

          “Arasseo,” Luhan said finally and waited beside the boy.

 

 

Little did either of them know that they would repeat this encounter many times. And eventually the lines between friendship and more than friendship would become too blurred to even acknowledge.

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! It's been awhile again //hides

Thank you all for sticking around though! I am still working out more  for the XiuChen plot so here's a little HunHan bonus chapter! Again, if I don't finish the XiuChen planning, I might insert a random chapter for a different pairing, so comment which one you would like next! Thank you all <3 Don't forget to comment, subscribe, upvote, etc... I LOVE YOU ALL!