Chapter 30: You and I are Like Glue

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, not much was figured out last night since Bobby didn’t say anything about what I brought up. But, I can conclude that all of this was probably part of Bobby’s grand scheme.

I’m just waiting for it to unravel. 

…And possibly figure out along the way what it could be because for some reason I was incorporated somehow into it. I didn’t wish to be involved but I’m still hoping I will some way end up as just a mere bystander in all of this.

My eyes snapped open and my body shot upward upon hearing shouting coming from the kitchen. I slipped my legs out from underneath the comforter and headed toward the top of stairs to find what all of the ruckus was about. But, there were only so many people that could be causing it. Two people to be exact.

“Don’t make me go!”

“Jiyoon, you can’t miss anymore days!” 

The sounds of grunting fills the house and I make my way downstairs to see Jiyoon trying to run towards me while Jimin's trying to hold her back. And even in this situation, I will remain as a bystander. I watched on curiously, though I already knew how this would end. Jiyoon was hardheaded and Jimin just didn’t have the power to control her, and me…I would just be useless. So no point in jumping in. 

“He’s out there!”

“Who?! Jiyoon, who?!” Jimin angrily shouts back. “There is absolutely no one that is following you.”

“Unnie, please! Don’t make me go.” 

Geez, it looked like Jiyoon was going to burst into tears. And like I predicted – Jimin finally lets go and Jiyoon goes running into me. Shoving me aside, she sprints upstairs back into her room. For a moment, the whole commotion was forgotten as my left shoulder began to throb upon impact when Jiyoon pushed me. I hold it with my right hand, attempting to appease the sudden aching and Jimin sighs, placing her hands on her hips.

“How long has it been?”

Her question steals my attention. “Possibly a week.” I tried to shake off the pain as I thought about how long Jiyoon had remained in her room.

I looked back at Jimin while she nodded back at me. “What’s wrong with your shoulder?”

I shrugged but soon, a memory came back to mind when I looked down at the scraps on the top of my hand. “I bumped into something…probably.” Ugh, it was when I was carrying Hanbin out of Zico’s little clubhouse.

Accepting my answer, Jimin grabs her coat off the kitchen chair and her purse off the table. “I would try again with Jiyoon, but I’ll be late.”

“Have a good day.”

“You too, Jiwoo. You at least, get to school on time.” She gives me a quick wave before leaving through the front door.

***

Unlike myself, I thought a lot about what happened yesterday. About how naturally forgiving I am, about what Hanbin told me, and about what Bobby didn’t tell me. I unknowingly ran straight into a big wall of secrets. Stubborn secrets that I was sure I didn’t want to know but seem to always stumble upon. The luck I have...right?

“Come with me.”

Agreeing silently, I shut my locker and followed him down the hallway and up the stairs towards the school’s rooftop. Upon arriving, Bobby leaned back against the black metal railing and faced me. 

“So, mind telling me exactly what happened yesterday?”

I guess my summary from yesterday wasn’t enough. Where do I start? “Zico kidnapped me against my will, forced me into his dingy garage-like hideout that had this grossest green couch I have ever seen, he made Hanbin come – to be honest, I don’t even know why I was there to begin with. And lastly, Zico said he would let us off if Hanbin took a few shots.” If Bobby isn’t happy with that then he should have been there. 

“A few shots?” Bobby didn’t quite believe me. And he’s right, he shouldn’t.

“Okay, fine. Nine shots. But, you should thank me because it could have been ten.” 

At my answer, he shoots me a look before clicking his tongue at another thought. “Zico was messing with him.”

He was right once again. “Yes he was and he warned me about not letting him catch us again.”

“You know you can’t be mad at Hanbin anymore, right?” Bobby changes the subject suddenly.

And how off-topic it is. “What do you mean?” I didn’t forgive entirely. Hanbin doesn’t deserve that sort of kindness just yet.

“He got you out of trouble.”

“After he got me into that trouble.” I added. Bobby is very selective in the information he shares and I need to be sure to include the parts he so expertly leaves out.

“Seriously? The kid gets that drunk and you’re still like this?” 

“He got that drunk to get himself out of trouble too.” Even after saying that, it wasn’t exactly what I was thinking.

“He didn’t have to come.” Bobby reminds me. Of course, Hanbin technically didn’t have to. But, it would be so messed up if he had chosen to play his computer games while I was in trouble because of him. “Look at the bigger picture, Jiwoo.”

Oh, God. Here he goes again. “What picture?”

“This is an opportunity to ‘alter’ your deal with Hanbin.” He casually states. “With Zico aiming for you and Hanbin again, you need Hanbin just as much as he needs you, so change up a few things.”

“What makes you think he’ll listen to me?” That has been a repeated problem ever since I’ve met him. If he listened to me so easily, do you think I would be in such a situation?

“I know how good you are with your words.” 

There was silence between us as I tried to avoid Bobby’s eyes. “Fine.” I sighed in exasperation. “I’m forever stuck with Hanbin, aren’t I?” I should have known that ever since the first day I had spoken to Hanbin, there was no going back. I can keep saying how I want nothing to do with Hanbin and it will never mean anything.

“How correct you are.” Bobby smiles due to my answer. “He should be coming to school today. Talk to him then.” 

And, it is all thanks to the efforts of a certain someone. A certain someone that stood in front of me and was casually leaning back against the railings with his arms crossed on his chest. A look of contentment upon his face as everything once again, ends the way he wants it to.

“If I must.” I answered tiredly before remembering to say my next words. “Bobby, whatever you have planned – make sure to keep me out of it.”

He sends me a shrug. “What makes you think I’m planning something?”

Oh, please. I tried not to scoff. “Believing you aren’t planning something would make me an idiot.”

Bobby’s lips stretched into a small smile. “Then, you are no idiot.”

And those words pretty much confirmed my initial suspicions and my participation in it.

***

I was speechless while standing before Hanbin. 

He did make it to school, like Bobby said he would. Successfully, only missing half of the day.

There were many things that wanted to come out of my mouth while I looked at him – like, 'you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter